Weekly Digger - Tues. May 31 to Fri. June 3,'05

jesse said the hardest thing is to just sit. but, he also said its how he made the most money. i think the fed is between a rock and a hard place. the liquidity gates are about to open. interest rates are about done rising. maybe one more rate increase. my charts of the shares are saying higher intermediate term. dharma

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ike said this week@financialsense:

HUI: If it closes above 190, then it will make a run for the 200 resistance level. However, if it reverses to the downside after encountering resistance in the 186-190 zone, more than likely it will go back down to re-test the 165-160 support zone.

191 currently...

I'm feeling an urge to sell right now, fear of a pullback.  But there is nothing that I'm really willing to sell at these prices.

Ike......... :lol:

What you're feeling, looks like traders are starting to do.

There are divergences everywhere. I wonder what the price of oil will do if the dollar starts to drop? The broad market continues to amaze. The homebuilders continue to defy. The longer this takes, the worse the outcome is going to be.

Sinclair throwing a deficit number of 900 billion by 1-1-06 with the current price of the dollar. That can't be good. :o

jesse said the hardest thing is to just sit. but, he also said its how he made the most money.

I remember an interview on financialsense with a guy who wrote a book about jesse livermore.

He said that quote was always taken out of context. What Jesse meant by it was that the hardest thing was waiting for the perfect SETUP to take a position, not what people always use it as...waiting in a position.

I'm still holding a couple of miners but I'm not heavy here. I think we pull back from these levels and would love a sharp two day pullback. Is this the great decoupling we've been waiting for? Imagine what these miners will do when Gold finally turns north. Yeah probably go down. :D

Its silly but I think it could happen..the miner pullback with gold rising. ;)

I feel like dipping my body in a Silver Nitrate pool...:)  Thats how that fellow died (from poisoning) who wrote the book "Black like me".

Ha, I didn't know that. I remember reading that book for a paper I did in high school on Racism (I think we called it Prejudice back then.) After all it was the late 60s. Another I remember was The Fixer about a Jewish pawn broker in Russia at the turn of the century. Of course, I also remember studying the lyrics of Bob Dylan and The Beatles in English class. :P Black Day in July. :ph34r:

Hmmmmm!

Anyone know if the after-hours trading in NXG is real? Up another .10!!!!! Traded a couple of times with some volume. No news?? :blink:

Gold Technicals:

Advancers 67

Decliners 23

UNCH 8

BuST 17%

BP% 44% **** Big jump here since Friday (18%)

BuLT 11%

NuWrecks NONE

Personal Note:

SRLM gone from 0versold to overbought in just 8 sessions. You gotta figure a real pullback can't be far off. Especially with POG not acting any differently than it has been acting for weeks.

I was just going over my account since taking the plunge in April. Stacks up this way. Starting from 8 April, 2005. After losing 1% on a daytrade on Apr 11, I took the first plunge on Apr 12 throwing it all into HL. Unfortunately this was at a ST high and sold on Apr 14, to be down 3.4%. Did nothing until April 21, when I went back in with a small HL position. Followed up over the next 2 days to be 107% invested. This proved to be too much margin. :huh: Again I had bought near a ST high and the PMS shares continued to move down to a bottom on May 16. This time I stubbornly (some would say stipidly) held on even adding to my position on May 10 and 11 before reaching a nadir of -23% on a closing basis. I was losing money at such a rate that if it continued for a year I would have been out over 90%. :ph34r:

Well as you can imagine things have improved since then. I am now down 2.5% since Apr 8 (ignoring the after hours trading today) which means I am up notwithstanding the the 2 early false starts. This still equates to a yearly loss of 15.8%. Not great but a vast improvement over where we were. Remain just under 100% invested and prepared to add more as funds and conditions dictate.

****** Reminds me of a joke:

:) Can I use your dictaphone?

:angry: No use your finger like everyone else.

:lol:

4 Stock Model

NEM remained LONG as it stutters its way higher. VLO didn't stay short for long reversing to long at $70 and closing LONG at $71.30. RIMM continued to pull in money on its LONG closing at $83.79 where you'd have to figure the air was getting rather thin. KLAC continues its crab-like movements with no new signal closing still LONG and up 3 cents.

I kinda get the feeling that gold is going to roar at the first sign of dollar weakness. It's hard to say what silver will do, seems unpredictable and volatile.

Definitely could see the miners falling but would like to be fooled for a change.

Is that the best bottom you could find?

Archived