Weekly Digger - Mon. 5/23 to Fri. 5/27, '05

On a personal note my fartpolio, of beaten down train wrecks and falling knives soundly trounced the indices up 4.5% with an A/D of 12 to 1.

Hehe. Same here. ;)

GSS, SSRI and WTZ all amazing today.

SSRI:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050523/235225.html?.v=1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trader,

Is this the Barbera article you're referring to? Over a month old?

Or is there something more recent?

I, for one, don't follow counts over 4 years old. That, in my opinion, is the extent of any market cycle, for both trading and investment purposes.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/b.../2005/0414.html

The chart for XAU is corrective, yet it has soared. Hui's chart is impulsive.

Both point higher, eventually.

My flat theory is, by the way, illustrated in the chart.

post-1352-1116919792_thumb.png

Trader,

So far, those bearish engulfing candles on Friday on the daily $C buck and Swiss franc haven't done much by way of follow through.

I suspect you've got to relate them to the overall trend pattern.

On the other hand, it made my trip to Michigan to do some outlet shopping with Lady Bearvest a tad more expensive. Just my luck.

Trader,

So far, those bearish engulfing candles on Friday on the daily $C buck and Swiss franc haven't done much by way of follow through.

On the other hand, it made my trip to Michigan to do some outlet shopping with Lady Bearvest a tad more expensive.  Just my luck.

No violation on the candles yet although the Cando is close. There's an old saying sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes he eats you. :D

Don't know if others saw the GG interview on Crapvision late yesterday afternoon. But, the odd thing that occurred was that BOTH guests, the GG CEO, and a well known name over the years (I can't recall now..lol) who runs a Gold Fund and was a writer, were kind of negative in some of their comments on the future for Gold looking ahead if the Dollar rallied or if general business conditions stayed like they are.

It was odd, and refreshing.

Trader,

On the other hand, it made my trip to Michigan to do some outlet shopping with Lady Bearvest a tad more expensive.  Just my luck.

I think Barbera alludes to some Fed speak as a potential catalyst to moving the buck lower. Maybe the Fed minutes show some concern of a slowdown. That seems to be what the treasuries are saying.

Took a stab at some EGO although I'm a little concerned that it's down on pretty heavy volume today. Think I'll put a stop in on that one, just in case someone knows something I don't. ;)

Doubled up on QEE, only because I'm a masochist. What is it about the lure of penny stocks. The POG is going to have to probably hit 550 before QEE makes any money.

added some yesterday am, about 50% long now, will add the balance on a test of the lows. which i expect in the next week or two. my count is the same as bv. i do think that the next rally, once the lows are tested will be spectacular. yesterdays action showed that. i am buying beaten up juniors. will add gg, paas, and nem on the test. dharma

Zow up 2.46% but I was up less than a %. What's up with that? Let's look at the technicals.

Advancers 61 down 10

Decliners 30 up 18

Unchanged 9

so the rally's breath is beginning to stink.

Bullish PMS ST - 18%

BP% - 11% Up 2% - Improving.

Bullish PMS LT - GPXM, IAG, MDU, RIC

NuWrecks:

AEM,MNG,TGB

So some quality stocks there on the new recommended list.

4 Stock Model - May 24

NEM - Continued on upcycle from $35.51 buy(May 23), close $36.75.

VLO - Continued on upcycle from $60.01 buy(May 16), close $67.48.

RIMM - Reverse to short was indeed premature, short from $79.49(May23), reversed to long at $79.76 (Loss $0.27), close $81.46.

KLAC - Continued on upcycle from $39.51 buy(May 9), close $44.49.

I think we've seen the momentum bottom. Last Friday just might be the best low close you get to buy. Downside is limited although we could pullback at any time. If we pullback over the next day or so 175-176 should be a place to add for an attempt at the 200 HUI area. No sense trying to be too cute from here on out. My plan is mostly PMPIX and some beaten down old Star. To da moon.

Archived