Weekly Digger - Mon. 5/16- Fri. May 20, '05

I got a question....

Why does Ike like the gold sector for interest?..... I mean if you got a battered ship and no battleship to come to the rescue then what is the sense in saying.... "My that sunset looks beautiful....." hahahahah

gurgle gurgle

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Song for the day: Pink Floyd's: Us and Them

Gold Technicals:

Advancers: 65

Decliners: 20

Unchanged: 15

Bullish Short Term: 10%

Bullish Long Term: 6%

%Bullish: 3%

New Recomms: CBJ,PAAS,SIL,SWC(PAL),DROOY - I own 1 of these.

Best stock on the day: SSMR ... up 38+% :o

Worst stock of the day: THMG ... dn 22+% :blink: I didn't really rec that one did I?

My play for the day yesterday was to pick up NEM early for a day trade as it broke above the resistance at 35.20 on the open. In trying to buy it as close to the break out level as possible (tried 35.23), I didn't get any until 35.37. I then went to bed and arose for the last hour of trading with a stop in place below the previous day's lows. Sure enough as expected we made a new high late in the session at 35.65 which would have led to a reasonable if not barnstorming profit. Unfortunately, I was asleep at the switch owing to my inability to grasp the fundamental concepts of time zones and daylight savings time. Unloaded 1/6 of my position in the after hours but that market was dead. My broker may not be too happy with me.

Lately I've becoming more interested in Elliott waves especially as to how they fit in with other methods such as fixed cycles and Fibos. I especially like the concept of 5 waves for impulsive and 3 for corrective. I'm more of the opinion now that the entire move in gold from 01 to 04 was wave 1. And I base this on sentiment mostly. Let's face it, the move up was universally poo-pooed except by wavers, contrarians and LT bugs. Assuming we are in wave 2 now, we are getting this I told you so's and its all over stuff. When we break to new highs and 3 is proven then we will start to get mass participation with the most money entering as 3 peaks. 4 should be an interesting affair shaking out the newcomers but 5 will be a wonder to behold as the train leavers arrive back at higher levels to send gold parabolic. We should then collapse back to a good op to buy (for our children.)

Jim Sinclair.? He had some comments on China.

Jim Sinclair's Site

Best,

TCG

P.S.? I never sleep.

Sleep is overrated. Thanks.

Like we used to say when we were young and didn't know the meaning of politically correct:

Sleep is for fags.

Which is weird 'cause fags were cigarettes. And faggots were kindling.

Jim Sinclair's Site

Best,

TCG

P.S.? I never sleep.

Like we used to say when we were young and didn't know the meaning of politically correct:

Sleep is for fags.

I don't quite get that Thor, but...somehow i agree. I still wish I didn't know the meaning of politically correct.

Best,

TCG

Jim Sinclair.  He had some comments on China.

Jim Sinclair's Site

Best,

TCG

P.S.  I never sleep.

Sleep is for fags.

I don't quite get that Thor, but...somehow i agree. I still wish I didn't know the meaning of politically correct.

Best,

TCG

British obviously. :D

TCG,

No worries! I barely understand what I write myself half the time. Anyway, just get your hairdresser to explain it to you.

Not much of a rally and according to some it's not even a start as we have to go down to test the lows first. Fine! I've done my doings for the day. I exitted the rest of my over-margin position (day tade margin held accidentally overnight) in NEM and got a nice serendipitous reward on that. If my other PMS issues had been doing better I might have held longer. Plus didn't want to tempt the margin gods to mess with my fartpolio so I took the money and ran. Of course the instant I did that we shot up over $36 but that is liff. My personal advance-decline is 7 to 5 with 3 unch. Not great.

Anyway. Wait for the next op now. Going to watch a seriously non-pc movie (I hope it is anyway) now called Fat Slags.

Jim Sinclair's Site

Best,

TCG

P.S.? I never sleep.

Sleep is for fags.

Best,

TCG

I may have to end up giving Saville some credit after all. Since we now know that inflation is pretty much non-existent (according to the latest government figures), we can look forward to Savilles "coming deflation scare". Where we experience a slowdown in the economy and the Fed quits raising or even drops rates and opens the spigots again.

Nice little bounce, lets see if it is contained by Ike' and BV XAU 82. Looks like it will be so far.

Some nice % moves in the AfriCANS. :)

Some guys over on Gold Eagle were talking about silver and some delivery on 4000 contracts - I guess this is out of the norm? I didn't really understand what they were talking about.

Looks like MacKenzie might be getting a little more bullish.

Picked up some BGO @ $1.82 for a trade.

It's time for silver to bust out of it range on this move, thus faking out everyone who saw it as a triangle breakdown.

Except Bearvest. :)

Some nice % moves in the AfriCANS. :)

Some guys over on Gold Eagle were talking about silver and some delivery on 4000 contracts - I guess this is out of the norm? I didn't really understand what they were talking about.

Looks like MacKenzie might be getting a little more bullish.

Picked up some BGO @ $1.82 for a trade.

It's time for silver to bust out of it range on this move, thus faking out everyone who saw it as a triangle breakdown.

Except Bearvest. :)

Best of luck on the BGO. Say hello to Putin would you?

Archived