Weekly Digger - Mon. 5/16- Fri. May 20, '05

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm in that kind of mood thought I would find which PMS stocks had the biggest percent fall off their highs in the last 18 months as of yesturdday's close.

Weighing in at less than a quarter of their highs are:

DROOY

MNG

PMU

RANGY

But that is piffle and bit of change compared to off to less than an eighth.

CAU -cow

But the star underachiever?

AGT 1/9 of high.

this am, so far, gold made new lows, BUTT the xau/hui have not. divergence.

i am and have been using the same count as bv. and i fully expect new lows in the xau/hui, or at best to be tested. what i am looking for is the momo divergences to hold. thus putting in a good bottom. if that occurs then i will go all in. this should happen within the next week. dharma

i am and have been using the same count as bv. and i fully expect new lows in the xau/hui, or at best to be tested. what i am looking for is the momo divergences to hold. thus putting in a good bottom.  if that occurs then i will go all in.  this should happen within the next week. dharma

Funny, I was just about to post that Bearvests' charts/predictions seem to be the way it is playing out, so far anyway.

This could be far worse today than it is. Then again, it's been so bad already I've come to expect things to collapse just about everyday.

I wonder how long they can keep shaking the tree without at least some sort of meaningful bounce? :unsure:

i am and have been using the same count as bv. and i fully expect new lows in the xau/hui, or at best to be tested. what i am looking for is the momo divergences to hold. thus putting in a good bottom.? if that occurs then i will go all in.? this should happen within the next week. dharma

Funny, I was just about to post that Bearvests' charts/predictions seem to be the way it is playing out, so far anyway.

This could be far worse today than it is. Then again, it's been so bad already I've come to expect things to collapse just about everyday.

I wonder how long they can keep shaking the tree without at least some sort of meaningful bounce? :unsure:

I'm seeing some similarities here to some previous breakdowns. Tendency is to take 12 +/- 1 weeks to reach the last low. Last 2 or 3 weeks with similar or equal lows. We are now 12 weeks into this decline with the last 2 weeks reaching similar lows. This supports the maybe a retest of the lows (and maybe not) and a rally of some duration. On the long term charts, bearish divergences abound so I'll call a summer rally to the 210 level on the Hooey. However, if we push through that level with any volume I expect we head up to make a significant new high.

On the downside the whole 8 year cycle since 2000 looks like a big roll over here with a pick your own bottom situation. In this scenario I would pick 100 or thereabouts. Don't think it could happen? Hmmmm, I wonder.

Oh and I daydonged NEM today but since I need my beauty sleep I closed it already for a modprof. This was also against the trend as both NEM and the Zow remain in weak downtrends in my model which uses 65 min candles and 10 period WMAs to give you the timeframe.

I suppose everyone has noticed the extreme similarities between this and last years decline. Same time of year, starting and (hopefully) finishing at similar levels. Both have featured 4 (hopefully) waterfall declines. This slump has chewed up twice as much time however, 12 weeks vs 6 roughly.

I'm willing to believe ole Bernie FG Guy, and we are close to a low in time and price. He is saying next week. Well okay with me but frankly I'd prefer a few more weeks of sideways.

Oh and I'm getting married on the 4th of June in case I forgot to menshun it. :rolleyes:

i am and have been using the same count as bv. and i fully expect new lows in the xau/hui, or at best to be tested. what i am looking for is the momo divergences to hold. thus putting in a good bottom.  if that occurs then i will go all in.  this should happen within the next week. dharma

I'm seeing some similarities here to some previous breakdowns. Tendency is to take 12 +/- 1 weeks to reach the last low. Last 2 or 3 weeks with similar or equal lows. We are now 12 weeks into this decline with the last 2 weeks reaching similar lows. This supports the maybe a retest of the lows (and maybe not) and a rally of some duration. On the long term charts, bearish divergences abound so I'll call a summer rally to the 210 level on the Hooey. However, if we push through that level with any volume I expect we head up to make a significant new high.

On the downside the whole 8 year cycle since 2000 looks like a big roll over here with a pick your own bottom situation. In this scenario I would pick 100 or thereabouts. Don't think it could happen? Hmmmm, I wonder.

Me three. Everybody wants to pick the bottom. Getting me nervous. See what next week holds.

Archived