Brassieres

just shoot me now...I can't take it much longer. Three months of pure unadulterated bullsh!t.

Doc, when is this going to END!? :lol:

These hopers are like leeches.

I concur. This is what f....ing pisses me off. Ramp, buy, distribute, ramp buy distribute. Damn it, I wanna see the damn thing implode. Its just frustrating as a bear cause our time never seems to come fast enough. My kingdom for a free market!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jerry, high index PCR and low equity PCR is bearish. It means that the big money (who can afford to trade the big index contract) are bearish and the dumb money (who trade the much cheaper options on equities) are bullish. Guess who's usually right

Vesselin - I'd argue this point that the big money are the index option players since index options are not much different in price from equity options. My opinion is that those who play the equity options may be playing them from more of an emotional standpoint, while index players, I think, may tend to be technical anal cysts of some sort or subscribers to such services. I wouldn't call index contract traders the big money. The big money is out there laying traps, selling option contracts, for those equity players to walk into IMHO.

It could go on like this fo another 6 weeks. ALthough, it will be increasingly vulnerable to a "trigger."

Does anyone know off hand when I first said it looked like the market would go sideways into January-February. I'd like to document that. I think it was in August or or October. Not sure.

Rockhead, I was posting my plan on this qqq trading only because so many traders do not use a plan. I was also one of those not using a plan. I have found that following a plan makes trading much easier and more consistant over the long run. When a trade gets to a planned execution point. The indecision is elminated. No longer is there that shoulda, coulda, If I only woulda... It is a phycolonagical (spell) thing.

jus remember..tis scum week. Takes my profix and runs likes da wind!

At this point in scam week, I expect we are where the MMs want us and they'll hold us here through Friday's expiry time. The current trading range is probably all we're going to see until Monday. But, what do I know.

Timeframe for a top in gold: when the bombs start dropping on Iraq. The Hans Blix UN report is due Jan 26 or 27th. Then, next day or quickly thereafter, W delivers his State of the Union address.

Within days or weeks, the Iraqi campaign begins, right? When's the new moon in February?

How high? You got me. I'm impressed by its tenacity in climbing over 355 repeatedly.

Point is: the most likely time for a top is the day the war starts, not much later.

Rockhead, I was posting my plan on this qqq trading only because so many traders do not use a plan. I was also one of those not using a plan. I have found that following a plan makes trading much easier and more consistant over the long run. When a trade gets to a planned execution point. The indecision is elminated. No longer is there that shoulda, coulda, If I only woulda... It is a   phycolonagical (spell) thing.

Concur.

Trades should have an entry point, stop point and target point. It IS MUCH EASIER, as you said, when this stuff is laid out in advance.

Hi all. Wonder if POG lift off was due to the empty chemical warheads found by UN inspectors in Iraq, signaling the excuse that Bush needed to justify a war. I can see Bush now saying this is what they found, yeah, they were empty, but they probably have more - they cannot be trusted....let's go get that oil boyz

SG DIngs in

HOlding my 200% qqq short from 27.10 from last Friday morning.

ANyone who covers today is a MAJOR WUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Looking for sub 26 as stated much earlier today at the close....

MSFT who cares.... IBM, who cares? The heightened geopolitical, credit bubble, and consumer retrenchment risks are NOT FACTORED into indice prices at all...

The risk is missing a BIG downside day now, not missing an upside move or getting hosed out of a short position

IMO.... I could be wrong... ;)

colonological.

sniff is a colonologican. :lol:

Index options are used primarily by the big funds for portfolio insurance and hedging. That's why put activity is always higher than with individual stocks.

Archived