Daily Digger - Mon. 5/2 to Fri. 5/6, '05

Reflection on the Dollar

by the way - what happened to the big dollar short covering everyone and his brother was so sure about last fall? don't hear too much from them anymore now that more and more signs of a slowing economy become apparent.

Anyone still bullish on the dollar here? :)

post-2021-1115330168_thumb.jpg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if the xau/hui can take out yesterdays highs, it will look like 5 waves up. i will buy the .618 retracement. dharma

Looking for 180 here.

I'll second that, Dharma. And Trader could be right as well.

Here's the 60 minute chart on NEM that I've been posting.

A rise above 38.89 creates 5 waves up and establishes the short term trend. It also leaves the decline from April 20th a 3 wave countertrend move.

A decline below 38.23 leaves 3 waves on the chart as wave 4 cannot overlap wave 1. It leaves the rally off the April 28th lows a 3 wave countertrend move.

post-1352-1115345893_thumb.png

Reflection on the Dollar

by the way - what happened to the big dollar short covering everyone and his brother was so sure about last fall? don't hear too much from them anymore now that more and more signs of a slowing economy become apparent.

Anyone still bullish on the dollar here? :)

Apparently there are still a few folks bullish on the $. I don't know Goob, this stuff makes me queazy.

That being said, with the price of the metals getting hammered as much as they are, if the HUI and XAU manage to close around current levels I gotta think that the selling in the miners might be drying up a little.

Course, if they take the POG down to 410, I'll be wishing to see HUI 180 again. Couple of guys over on Goldeagle talking about 300 HUI by year end. They must be smoking the same stuff Ike is.

This crap is exhausting.

there isnt an overlap yet on the xau. but nem has one. standing aside and seeing if a lower low develops. this thing is taking its sweet time. the cot #s are disturbing, looks like there may be one more shakeout. dharma

Archived