Daily Digger - Mon. 5/2 to Fri. 5/6, '05

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the last COT I saw

http://www.softwarenorth.net/cot/current/charts/GC.png

Thank you.

It 's amazing how the market never falls after a Fed meeting. We should get the usual spike up in the last hour and all day tommorrow.

Unfortunately not a very strong rally in the miners and might indeed be a bit of short covering. Too bad, I'd like to see a quick move back up to 190-200. Oh well.

ok who thinks rises to $40 first....

Okay - $40 before 34.75 for NEM

I'm hearing more and more voices in the $ rally camp. It has rallied from what, just under 81 to 84.50 since the beginning of the year?

It seems to me it is getting to the point in TIME where it needs to assert itself higher to the 87 area or succumb to the downside.

Haven't seen the COT data in a while - has anyone been watching? can you post a link?

What is Brian new website? Thankn You

I tell you ...? any "bugs" holding a portfolio of miners through this will be? psychologically rattled.? It sure has taken it's toll on me.?

I hate complaining again and again..? but, MAN ..? this has been brutal and grinding.

Well Hadj - the only ones on this thread that have been holding anything is you and me. Although I thought I read that the goober king was holding 137% :rolleyes:

On the holding part make that three - I have been holding :rolleyes:

On the brutal and grinding if it stops now I will not complain anymore

I have been away from the forums for awhile. What's the deal. With gold flat over the last 2 months, why have gold stocks collapsed? And technically, is it game over? Is the gold stock bull over for the next 20 to 40 years?

Ander,

You did see the RSI divergence on that HUI chart right?

the big question for silver right now is - is it springing from the March lows in the 6.90 area.. and it is now in the 6.955 area

I had a confluence line at 6.80 and the low was 6.81 July silver...

I nibbled at WTZ when it traded higher than the ice at 8.40

DX is down big tonight at 84.05

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG

Ander,

You did see the RSI divergence on that HUI chart right?

the big question for silver right now is - is it springing from the March lows in the 6.90 area.. and it is now in the 6.955 area

I had a confluence line at 6.80 and the low was 6.81 July silver...

I nibbled at WTZ when it traded higher than the ice at 8.40

DX is down big tonight at 84.05

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG

need a close under 83.40 DX. With the Bear the gap in NEM is the tell for the group. I will be selling when NEM gets up there. Maybe we can make 195 HUI? Doubtful. Let's see. This is the period when we do it or die.

I have been away from the forums for awhile. What's the deal. With gold flat over the last 2 months, why have gold stocks collapsed? And technically, is it game over? Is the gold stock bull over for the next 20 to 40 years? -faramir

:(

nahhhhh...... :)

.....miners eating dirt cause the metals move has been too slow for most.....though solid and still thoroughly intact....observe:

post-1744-1115177519_thumb.png

....holding metal a bore.....like a fire hydrant on your lawn.....until that awful day.... :)

.....miners have huge problems.....soaring production costs....easy ounces long ago mined out.......heavy dilution.......poor bottom lines.....who would want them????........500 will change all that....oh yeah......

I'm still hiding in almost worthless warrants :lol: ........and haven't sold an ounce :ph34r:

they can kick my nuts till they bleed.......grinchie too stupid to feel pain.

"There's only one market. Every security behaves the same way. Buying when the blood is running in the streets and selling when you want to marry your investments is the only trading strategy that works consistently"

EUREKA!.......if only a stupid grinch had not taken 3 yrs to figure this out :lol:

.....I think this chap (Micheal Wheelock) has pretty well nailed it.......a damned fine read......I encourage you.....

simple

"There's only one market. Every security behaves the same way. Buying when the blood is running in the streets and selling when you want to marry your investments is the only trading strategy that works consistently"

EUREKA!.......if only a stupid grinch had not taken 3 yrs to figure this out :lol:

.....I think this chap (Micheal Wheelock) has pretty well nailed it.......a damned fine read......I encourage you.....

simple

Great read Grinch and right on. B)

Gold and the Indices:

Should we be looking for a turn here? And remember that a turn requires time to complete an abc and a 5 wave direction to signal a trend change.

Pretty clear three wave pattern off the December 2003 highs and a completed 5 wave pattern for the C wave.

Either Gold is gonna tank or the indices will see an improvement, remembering that this is not a coincident indicator, but a leading indicator.

Patience will be rewarded.

post-1352-1115182117_thumb.jpg

.....the 70's bull was driven by rampant inflation......nixonites nixed the backing....and the markets recognised the inevitable.....

....those looking for a repeat could be sorely disappointed.......the inflationary bull has been replaced by the deflationary dragon......look to stubborn bonds for confirmation......these guys know how short greenies chain truely is......the economy is already gagging on minisicule rate rises........

.....yes, true inflation, means an increase in dollar-supply (which they will do to no end).....and debt-default results in true deflation, a decrease in dollar-supply, which force will move hardest? (trust the see-saw to lull us into madness)

post-1744-1115181803_thumb.gif

.....me thinks debt is the mother of all bombs........

where will the smart money park their safe-haven asses?.....hows about cash, bonds, and gold?.....does a more stubborn trio currently exist?........

....off to bed....and undoubtably destined to have nightmares about bearvests newmont chart...... ;)

Archived