Medical Update

Nancy's brother William is making an amazing recovery from his January 8 heart surgery and the doctors are absolutely astounded at the pace of his progress. He came through the operation so well that he bypassed the Recovery Room after it was over and instead went directly to his own room (which, we're told, is unheard of in cases like this). Was discharged from the hospital last Sunday morning, four days after he had been admitted.

Turns out that he had been in very bad shape before the procedure, constantly fatigued and sleeping up to eighteen hours a day with constant pain in the jaw (interestingly enough he never had chest pain).

At this point he feels so good, in fact, that he's planning to go to his bike club meeting tonight. ("They said I shouldn't drive a car but mentioned nothing about riding a motorcycle," he kidded(?) Nancy last night on the phone.)

He's very grateful for what we did for him and once again Nancy and I thank you, Doc, and the rest of you who participated in the Advanced Theology Lab exercise on that day for your caring and support. It made a big difference. :)

an2.gifAnd Happy Anniversary to sniff, who joined our community exactly one year ago today. :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news Glad!

Evryone, please see the last post on yesterday's thread, by ano. My question is this. I always though the great epic novel Yellow River was written by I.P. Daly.

Was I wrong about that?

CPI is not necessarily manipulated, it is the equation used to calculate "typical" consumer expenses that is a sham. Governemnt overweights technology and underweights fuel, food and services. Why? Keeps COLA downm, which keeps their interest costs down. That is the recurring scam - tell the elderly in this country that there is only 0.1% inflation and they tell you where the sun shines. Plus, the things that should be inflating - asset values - are deflating. Puplava's rite- we'll have a deflationary inflation.

I still like 910 intraday, although the GM/CPI news may be good for a greater fool bounce. GM's conference call should clarify where the profit came from, since it sure as hell wasn't from automobiles. The boys need to close out the week around 900-910 as there is still a lot of call interest out there.

CPI is not necessarily manipulated, it is the equation used to calculate "typical" consumer expenses that is a sham. Governemnt overweights technology and underweights fuel, food and services. Why? Keeps COLA downm, which keeps their interest costs down. That is the recurring scam - tell the elderly in this country that there is only 0.1% inflation and they tell you where the sun shines. Plus, the things that should be inflating - asset values - are deflating. Puplava's rite- we'll have a deflationary inflation.

And why arent "food and energy" in the core rate? Hmmmmmmmm? That one kills me.

My observations show the following

1. Nobody eats, that's why Americans are so fat.

2. Food is overrated.......it is not needed to sustain life.

3. We still live in caves that remain a constant 52 degrees and burn candles for light and thus we have no use for energy.

4. All these vehicles running around are Flintstone mobiles.

Going back into my rock cave, bang some rocks together to start a fire, and eat some warmed rocks for breakfast.

Rockhead

hope "rog" appears soon to clarify GM numbers :)

think today will be the prove if we are in the downhase now or not. If the market doesnt react positive to the jobless claims numbers (of course we all know it is manipulated, but that doesnt matter), then we are in the downphase.

Philly fed at high noon could also contribute to the downmove, they expect a better number than last month :o

Furthermore i cant imagine that bulls win this week, everybody is long, it is opex week, so boys will f*** da bulls.

Archived