still cheap

common man's shiny metal

good value

ripe for a new speculative bubble to begin

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dok

Sometimes unload one of thse nerrative curve balls on us--although my love affair with baseball ended when brooklyn moved to LA (no I was never a Dodger fan)I'm still in love with my adolescent and young adulthood memeories--

And about Philly--whenver I take the Anthrax railroad (very infrequently) I am terrified by the Philly railside industrial wasteland--the brken windows empty factories mile after mile a veritable Sahara

I grew up in Chicago after moving from New York and there fell in love with the Panorama of American Industrial power as it was mightily displayed in the forties and fifties--the smoke,the stench,the rumbling the bustle,the soft brown chocolate dust settling on me as I sweated great pools while pitching watermelons for A &P, in boxcars having ineriors so torrid the shirt one wore at the end of the day reminded one of the salt flats--and this mixing with the fine powdered brown chocolate dust from the neighboring Curtis candy plant--the smell of the ink from massive printing plants while heading south on the IC--The one-hundred steam engined locomotives as seen from the Roosevelt Road Viaduct jerking cars around and smoking like,as visiting Rudyard Kipling once said, "hell with the lid off" .This witnessed as we streetcarred past the only walled Children's prison on Ogden avenue-

The sparks from a welders torch falling on the fur coated shoulders of a what appeared to me to be a "Grand Dame",and whose gangster boyfriend looking up at the careless torcher above with a look that could kill

All this beautiful drech,gone,gone,gone with a windy city,whose vision now charms the ammygloidally eyed adolescent chinese thrilled to death about action to be enjoyed

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Little did I realize the the globs of green mucous I hocked up in chorus with very male in th ecity was a metaphor for my friends early extinction--But even so I sometimes I get nostalgiac about heaving those halitosis laden lungers,like oysters cast aside on a tar beach

OH.

:o  :o

Tokyo came back from the lunch break and decided to sell some more:

10,968.44  - 402.25  12:43

:o  :o

:ph34r:  :ph34r:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Looks like the bears came back from lunch early. Now they're trying hard to put the 11 handle back on. Might make it, but will it hold?

78 Minutes to the close.

Raymond Merriman - Week of April 18

....... The longer-term geocosmic basis for these bearish forecasts lies with

the historical market and economic and political correlation to the

Saturn-Pluto cycle. I have referred to my original analysis of this

cycle in many previous columns. Briefly, economies tend to perform

well during most of the 16-20 years that these two planets move from

conjunction to opposition. This is a period in which federal budget

deficits move from great deficit to less deficit and even surplus. .....

http://stariq.com/marketweek.htm

According to "the other thread", this week's Merriman is a good read.

Pluto was spotted in 1930, very little hisotry about this outermost planet.

I am amazed by his vivid imigination and perception.

..... There are a wealth of quotations relevant to this outermost member of our solar system. Einstein wrote, "the most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." The year of this quote was 1930, the year of Pluto?s discovery. In 1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt said, ''The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

http://asabovesobelow.com/creativeastrolog...er_planets3.htm

Archived