Daily Digger - Wednesday April 13, '05

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 24 months gold in euro got me a return of 10% that is 5 % per year

were a risk free would earn me 2% per year

The same cannot be said from the miners ; only dividend paying Anglo is above water

post-1584-1113389613_thumb.jpg

sometimes i feel like tfh mentioned yesterday, sort of a member of the gold cult awaiting the day when our boy would show his true colors. however, i just dont see an alternative. dharma

sometimes i feel like tfh mentioned yesterday, sort of a member of the gold cult  awaiting the day when our boy would show his true colors. however, i just dont see an alternative.  dharma

Yeah, definitely a gold cult - and a very small, small group of people. Which is why I didn't understand the "everyone thinks gold is going higher long term" comment.

It seems as though just about anyone who actually has an opinion on gold thinks it moves higher long term, but that is still a small crowd. Maybe it seems big because those are the only people we read. :blink:

One thing though - being a contrarian is risky business.

tfh, not sure that i understand you there?! the austrian coin is cheaper than the maple leaf, but doesnt get reported to the irs! that is worth alot! dharma

tfh, not sure that i understand you there?! the austrian coin is cheaper than the maple leaf, but doesnt get reported to the irs! that is worth alot! dharma

It might be a mistake to assume the rules will remain the same in the future. Tremendous pressure may be brought on the dealers to say cough up their lists. Enuf said? I ain't buying pm's cause I trust Big Bro explicitly. B)

PMS: Call it a correction or call it a bear market but for the miners it continued unabated today. Technicals slipped lower just when it looked like they had a chance to move higher. Yesterday was a one day wonder for stocks. Guess there was just a bit of spillover. Africans crashing, former darlings breaking down, many juniors heading down with no buyers, and a few strong miners looking toppy.

There's more but I'll spare you and just add... What's not to like? :P

Archived