Daily Digger - Thursday March 31, '05

I don't know where I heard it but for some reason when you do something and then in retrospect feel as though someone should "beat you over the head with a broomstick" you really can punish yourself mentally. In that sense it's probably a good thing to force yourself to get out of harms way quickly and figure out where you go wrong. It seems like lately the worst place I want to be is right in the middle of a trading range and make a decision to buy and yet it seems like most of the time things go up right where they stand - in the middle of a trading range and there I am thinking is this where I want to be buying. Pretty frustrating, especially when your not intensly looking at a particular stock and didn't pick it off at trading range lows.

Feature chart - WTZ.

post-326-1112237652_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so enlighten me about NG

come one come all

I couldn't tell you first fundie on the company. I have heard some negative things about the company recently. I'm getting to the point that I hate all stocks except a very select few. Futures options on the indices physical metals and uranium. Chart setup looks ok for the short term if the metals can hold on here. I am not sure about that. I think we have a decent decline in our future. Today's last gasp oh what the hell rally doesn't impress me.

Dharma and TFH made some references to a possible bottom around here. If it's any indication, my portfolio has bounced off a certain level three or four times before and then turned northbound. It hit that level yesterday. We'll see if it holds true this time.

Some of you may have read this already. If I had my guess, this is how things will turn out.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_05/taylor032605.html

I think I read where the short interest in treasuries is at record levels, I wonder if Friday's employment report may trigger some covering.

The conventional wisdom is that the real estate bubble will burst because of high rates, but that wisdom seems to forget that Japan's R.E. bubble burst and continued declining when rates were at zero. Weak economies can burst bubbles too.

Totally OT. Johnnie Cochran died yesterday and we all know who he was. Let me ask you something. Two fairly intelligent lawyers, I presume, allow The Juice to try a pair of leather gloves on over latex gloves. OK. The gloves fit but Cocksman jumps up and says they don't. Anyone know where I can find some of that stuff Clark and Darden were smokin'? :ph34r:

Still in the regression channel but none of the indicators I watch are saying we bounce. Price matters more than the lagging indicators, but I remain cautious. My track record on calling bottoms has gotten worse so I'm keeping my positions but not adding. I already covered my short on ABX but am considering a reshort (as a hedge) or perhaps a few puts.

Interestingly...the indicators on the daily charts are almost bullish, so I guess we have one of those conundrums. I consider gold to be "mostly" a long-term hold position, so what to do when the long-term (weekly) chart is saying what it does?

XAU weekly chart.

post-1745-1112264521_thumb.jpg

1stly, after looking of some long term charts yesterdayand the day before, i noticed that since the high occurred, the hui, silver,cef,and many stocks were forming a contracting triangle(elliott). if that is the case, we are always playing probabilities here, then the market should bottom at the end of this E wave and bolt outta here. so i bought yesterday and may continue my buying if we have 5 waves up and then buy the pullback.

tfh, charms, et al. what stocks do you feel are the best in the sector!

if this wasnt the low, then the next one will be the one. sounds like a familiar story! this low had some nice divergences. so , figured it was worth a shot. dharma

1stly, after looking of some long term charts yesterdayand the day before, i noticed that since the high occurred, the hui, silver,cef,and many stocks were forming a contracting triangle(elliott). if that is the case, we are always playing probabilities here, then the market should bottom at the end of this E wave and bolt outta here. so i bought yesterday and may continue my buying if we have 5 waves up and then buy the pullback.

if this wasnt the low, then the next one will be the one.  sounds like a familiar story! this low had some nice divergences. so , figured it was worth a shot. dharma

Personally I'm waiting for the ugly to buy. Every setup has croaked itself and this move up in the metals with lame miner participation shares the living hell out of me. Standing aside.

if this wasnt the low, then the next one will be the one.? sounds like a familiar story! this low had some nice divergences. so , figured it was worth a shot. dharma

Personally I'm waiting for the ugly to buy. Every setup has croaked itself and this move up in the metals with lame miner participation shares the living hell out of me. Standing aside.

Yeah pretty weak bounce - it's going to take more time to carve out a bottom I think - unless buck really starts to weaken again.

Dharma - I like GG, RGLD, BHP

Don't know what the charts say - but these are the good ones IMO.

Archived