Daily Digger - Tuesday March 22, '05

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEM:

It's the lead dog.

Over the last 2 weeks, it had a corrective, overlapping pattern. Until Monday, that is.

I thought it may have been a series of abc's. The pattern is clear on the intra-day chart.

In fact, it may be more bearish. It could be a series of 1 and 2's setting up a corresponding series of 3rd of 3rd's.

Action tomorrow and Wednesday should help.

If the gap on the intra-day proves to be gap resistance, we should go lower and run the risk of a complete retracement of the February 8th lows.

I'm not saying this is the pattern. Only Prechter could envision three 1-2 patterns in a row.

But it bears warning when taken with the dollar rally above 81.47, the C.O.T reports, and an F.O.M.C. meeting that may disappoint the Bondsmen who may drive rates (and the dollar) higher.

post-1352-1111472181_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1111472203_thumb.jpg

Bugz gotta hope the Dollar disconnects from Gold cause if it don't there will be more pain short term. The metals could rally from here or slightly lower but I think the Buck rally has some legs left. 87-88 minimum before making a new low perhaps as high as 92.

Are you Steven Saville? :o

If the buck goes to 92 the POG will be back at 350.

Remind me to sell next time Feed Fool or Maxxi Miser shows up here. :lol:

Bugz gotta hope the Dollar disconnects from Gold cause if it don't there will be more pain short term. The metals could rally from here or slightly lower but I think the Buck rally has some legs left. 87-88 minimum before making a new low perhaps as high as 92.

Are you Steven Saville? :o

If the buck goes to 92 the POG will be back at 350.

Remind me to sell next time Feed Fool or Maxxi Miser shows up here. :lol:

Buck went from 120-80. A rally to 92 is less than a .38 retrace. U thought this would be ez? Relax this is going to take some time. <_<

I sold my PTF at 16, for a 40% gain + ~8% in dividends over the last 9 months. I'm worried about how much farther oil can really go in this leg, and the last 3 months have been parabolic in that stock, and its outperformed most of the other canroys significantly. Used it to buy GSS & SSRI @ 2.85 and 12.80. (what else?) ;)

We'll see later if it was a good move or not...

I plan to buy it back on a big dip, especially if the metals stocks are up at that point.

Drooooooooooooooopy!

Maybe these 2500 lotto tickets will pay off! (course, it's only marginally offsetting the losses I'm incurring in other gold stocks).

Saving/raising $ to once again buy this drop....this is getting old I must say, but if AU ever gets on a tear...wow I'll be loaded!

XAU:

Third of third now appears to be in.

After a small correction in wave iv, we should see wave v which ends wave 3.

By then, the first signs of negative divergence should appear on the daily MACD.

post-1352-1111524976_thumb.jpg

Archived