Daily Digger - Friday March 11, '05

I hate to see firms do a financing with the stock near its lows....for a long time Paul Van Eeden was pushing this one as well as Embry.

This stock has always been a three trying to dress itself up as a nine

AB

Hi AB,

At first I thought you were talking about GG, but then the other half of my brain cell kicked in and I realized you were speaking of QRL.

It has been a serious dog, and now I see that after hours they are going to have some adjustments to their financials. It may be a buy at half this price. Who knows?

I suspect if the HUI doesn't kick it in gear in a couple of days, we're headed back down and "it may get very ugly" next week.

I don't like it one bit when the POG leads the miners. :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBJ:

This is the chart for the Toronto Stock Exchange.

As I hold this P.O.S. in my retirement account, I must, generally, trade there.

This stock is like the drama queens in Wyndy's posts. There's a helluva lot of promise, so you just can't let go. But she always disappoints.

Potential head and shoulders, acsending triangle, some positive divergence.

In my mind, I see her as Trader's Devil in the Blue Dress. She's silhouetted in a doorway, her shape accentuated by the sunshine that casts the shadow from the window behind her. She beckon's and in a sultry voice says "Come on in, Big boy."

I know I should resist. I should fight the Siren song, but some how I can't. I have too much invested in this relationship, despite my fears.

I average down. I enter the doorway, It is now dark. The curtains have been drawn. My universe descends into our heavy breathing....

post-1352-1110612492_thumb.png

Seems to me CBJ and GSS are the crowded trades, with lots of nervous Nellies in it. They often bottom late.

Sold my NNO warrants last week, still holding onto the GRS/GAM.to, added to IMR.v at the 50 dma backtest, and am in doubt about PTQ.to.

Geez, when I mentioned ONCE "unoriginal" FIVE months ago, I must have touched a sensitive nerve somewhere.... LOL. The fact that you have made now 5 or 6 references to it, here and at Rich, arguebly proves my point, isn't it...LOL. Just kidding...

Definition of bygone: "Past events to be put aside"

Attack number seven on the descending line may be succesful because the weekly RSI shows there is time

Also the long term momentum as made a turn at the highest point in 7 years

I am still holding all I ever bought

and I am still bored :rolleyes:

post-1584-1110624183_thumb.jpg

tfh, to me too! looks like a pullback is in order. But as bv points out, it sure looks like 5 waves up, which means after a correction, we get another 5 waves up, at the least! dharma

This isn't short term bullish.

TFH - the HUI trendline hits 218 early next week - a pull back to this level seems consistent with the current uptrend and past chart history- nothing unusually bearish.

now that everyone and his brother has been trained that HUI leads gold, i wouldn't be at all surprised that gold is leading HUI at the beginning of the next projected leg up - especially after last year's HUI disappointment. (I expect HUI back to leading gold once we break gold $458)

the chart highlights the recent leg-up's fib levels (.5 and .618) which also point to the 218-220 area as a reasonable pull back area.

jus' one goober's humble opinion :rolleyes:

post-2021-1110670230_thumb.jpg

RGLD - new 52 week high

sits at the $20 COP - or Contracted Objective and nearing 50% retrace. It is working it's way up through confluence while if the new high does not just turn out to be an upthrust of the $19 area - it has enough sideways cause from November to get it to the 1:1 objective in the $23 area...

post-326-1110694313_thumb.jpg

This isn't short term bullish.

TFH - the HUI trendline hits 218 early next week - a pull back to this level seems consistent with the current uptrend and past chart history- nothing unusually bearish.

now that everyone and his brother has been trained that HUI leads gold, i wouldn't be at all surprised that gold is leading HUI at the beginning of the next projected leg up - especially after last year's HUI disappointment. (I expect HUI back to leading gold once we break gold $458)

the chart highlights the recent leg-up's fib levels (.5 and .618) which also point to the 218-220 area as a reasonable pull back area.

jus' one goober's humble opinion :rolleyes:

G.M.

I simply can't believe that the Commercials went so-o-o short from long over the last 4 weeks to see HUI track down to merely 218.

The longer term trendline says we could go much lower. A 61.8% retracement of the February/March rally targets 204.

The paper leads the metal. It's the leveraged play. The leveraged players exit early because they have too much to lose. It's kinda like going out in the rain without an umbrella nine times in a row. You're going to get soaked. There's no reason why the 10th time would be different.

post-1352-1110694878_thumb.png

post-1352-1110694895_thumb.png

Paper leads the Commodity:

Of course, these charts have not completed their patterns.

But it certainly seems like the Canadian Energy ETF wants to outpace West Texas Crude in the race downward. It would be pretty easy to track if we used one of Jackiss's ratio charts.

Not a bear on Crude in the long run.

post-1352-1110697363_thumb.png

post-1352-1110697385_thumb.png

Good morning BV,

Love the charts! How do you like the new avatar? :P

ST XAU Outlook: (Forensically Speaking)

During scam week the MMs will attempt to achieve MaxPain at XAU 95. This will largely manifest itself as pressure on NEM and the big caps, but will extend to other PMs as well to varying degrees.

IT XAU Outlook

Feb-April 88 - 110

April-May 110 - 100

May-July 100 - 135

July-Aug 135 - 125

Aug - Oct 125 - 155

LT XAU Outlook:

Sept/Oct 2005 - 155

Q1/Q2 2006 - 105

Q3/Q4 2007 - 210

Q1/Q2 2008 - 155

Q3/Q4 2009 - 310

Gold

The cash gold market touched the .786 retracement at $448/oz. On March 11th. As you can see by the charts of the gold-silver index and the stock of Newmont mining, a significant divergence is occurring. These two can only make the .618 levels. The last time we had a divergence like this was at the highs of $458 /oz. This could change with one strong upday but it is worth watching. This is a major retest for these markets and they could move either way. I think the divergence is enough to be cautious on new long positions. Monday and Tuesday are both key astro days for gold and silver.

From Pesavento...sorry no link.

G.M.

I simply can't believe that the Commercials went so-o-o short from long over the last 4 weeks to see HUI track down to merely 218.

The longer term trendline says we could go much lower. A 61.8% retracement of the February/March rally targets 204.

The paper leads the metal. It's the leveraged play. The leveraged players exit early because they have too much to lose. It's kinda like going out in the rain without an umbrella nine times in a row. You're going to get soaked. There's no reason why the 10th time would be different.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. So far, that commercial data has been right every time. Sinclair said that 441 would be sold - so I thought maybe the advance would've stalled there.

The miners must lead or a pullback is imminent.

Eventually, the COT is going to get their butts handed to them, when is anyone's guess. For now, they seem easily able to manipulate this market.

Archived