Daily Digger - Thursday March 10, '05

The U.S. Dollar: A Potential Time Bomb

Van K. Tharp, Ph.D

I agree - what's going to determine the future of the USA and the world is it's currency...

it might not be a soft landing for Uncle Buck....

If you had to send dollars to Europe to supply the needs of some business you could have lost 25% in value converting those dollars .... That ain't a good thing.... and time is not working well for Uncle Buck....

now you know why watching the dollar is important... and some believe that POG is not in a real bull market but that it relies on Buck being in a bear market...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the last time I posted here I thought drooy was a buy and had my ass and my ego handed to me.

lets try it again.

everything has a bottom except companies that go out of business

drooy has formed a giant "stiletto heel" formation with a dojo at the toe

we should move up nicely from here

post-1299-1110419764_thumb.jpg

the last time I posted here I thought drooy was a buy and had my ass and my ego handed to me.

lets try it again.

everything has a bottom except companies that go out of business

drooy has formed a giant "stiletto heel" formation with a dojo at the toe

we should move up nicely from here

Luck to you. Maybe this time it's the charm. I ain't betting :D on it though.

MINERS:

I'm going to be cautious here. Is there a dollar bull anywhere? Do you believe that gold has nowhere to go but UP?

NEM has a 5 wave impulse on the chart that can count complete.

HUI, as Ive posted before, can't have an impulse up due to prior overlap. While wave c can extend, there won't be a 5th wave.

And as bullish as XAU looks (my count is that we've likely completed wave iii of 3 so there should be lots of bullish action ahead after a minor consolidation), there are some red flags.

First, there are 3 waves on the chart. As posted previously, there is no impulse up from February 8 as iii would have been the smallest wave. Wave 1 could also now count as wave a depending on future price action. Stochastics have negatively diverged. Momentum should be strong in iii of 3. MACD is strong, but it should be in a 3rd wave ---irrespective of whether that 3rd wave is 3 of an impulse or c of an abc.

The key, I suggest, is 100.07. It must not be overlapped. Presently, it is also trendline support.

post-1352-1110432409_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1110432431_thumb.png

The XAU rallied into key Fibonacci Cluster Resistance and is now due to back off. (See Chart) With long-term (10yr) interest rates clearing 4.51%, the Dollar is set to provide some strength, which is negative for gold. A modest correction in the XAU is likely. Once we're certain a "good" high is in place, we will update Fibonacci Cluster Support levels.

http://www.feargreed.com/showgraph2.php

Don't know if Charmin or anyone else posted this yet, but what a great article written by Barbera. If this is how things develop, I suspect some of us here will be doing very well.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Barbera/feb282005.html

Did you listen to Frank and Jim this past weekend for two hours at financialsense.?

No, I remember you posting it though. I've got no sound on this old computer. My wife and kids have taken over the good computers, but I might have to battle them off to listen for a couple of hours.

couple of thoughts: the dolar rally was wimpy. it didnt do much pricewise although timewise it chewed up some clock. which is significant to a gann trader. so, i think the dolar, although on the precipice rallies in a C wave.

the gld hit a .618 retracement yesterday @44.10. the xau came into significant resistance @ 102.37 and although we had one close above there, the market is so far this am it is having trouble holding it.

all things considered, i think this wave ended and we correct. if so, i will accumulate some more metal and miners. i am looking at this as a process. until the por that fiat is a sham comes. it will be a backing and filling process. dharma

Archived