Daily Digger - Thursday March 3, '05

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nem:

Very short term. Looks like an impulse down from Monday.

Impulses never exist in isolation. They travel in pairs (abc's) or with friends (impulses of a larger degree).

Watch, short term, 44.58--gap resistance and 43.72--where wave b is overlapped.

It leaves the 3 wave pattern on the charts and establishes the 2nd impulse down.

My analysis will be presumptively wrong if we fill the gap and conclusively wrong if we overlap 45.25.

Nice work on the e-wave analysis. Thanks.

There is only one little difference we should not on Alceringa gold chart and noted by Ike.? It is that the price actually fell below the 425 horizontal support this time.? It didn't before..

Do you (or did Ike) think that extra drop implies weakness?

I believe Ike thought so at the time.. If you go into financialsense and find his archived aftermarket update you might see his comment...

More evidence that the local currency value of gold is what matters. The Canadian dollar is actually near its montly lows despite a pullback in the US Dollar. That bodes well for the Canadian gold price and is probably why the TSX gold index wasn't hurt as much. I always notice that the HUI and TSX Gold trade close to the same level. Usually the HUI wins and goes higher. In fact it is the multi-year winner and the TSX Gold index hasn't clipped 2 year old highs.

I found the pullback alot quicker than I expected. I was expecting a 3 week pullback before a recovery.

Peru miner Buenaventura net soars 291 pct in 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reuters U.S. Company News

4:44 p.m. 03/03/2005

LIMA, Peru, March 3 (Reuters) - Peru's top precious metals miner Compania de Minas Buenaventura <BUEv.LM> (BVN) on Thursday reported 2004 net profit of $208.9 million, a 291 percent rise compared with 2003 as higher output and lower operating costs boosted its earnings.

Buenaventura, which holds 43.65 percent in Yanacocha, Latin America's biggest gold mine, said fourth-quarter profit, including the effect of hedging, rose 217 percent to $55.6 million compared with the same period in 2003.

U.S.-based Newmont Mining Corp. (NEM) has a majority stake in Yanacocha.

Copyright ? Reuters 2003. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

NEM:

Earlier today I said an overlap of 43.72 would confirm the completion of the abc.

That was right.

But I also said it would confirm that we were impulsing down. I may be mistaken.

Thursday's action, despite the decline, seemed rough, overlapping, and corrective.

The blue abc may be wave a, today's decline wave b, and we have a c wave up to 44.25 or so, to go.

Either way, that Monday/Tuesday impulse should spawn another impulse down if, and when the correction is over.

post-1352-1109906313_thumb.png

Nice work.

This looks like a "pre-bottom" set up to get the early bulls long with tight stops which will be blown out for the real bottom.

NEM:

Earlier today I said an overlap of 43.72 would confirm the completion of the abc.

That was right.

But I also said it would confirm that we were impulsing down. I may be mistaken.

Thursday's action, despite the decline, seemed rough, overlapping, and corrective.

The blue abc may be wave a, today's decline wave b, and we have a c wave up to 44.25 or so, to go.

Either way, that Monday/Tuesday impulse should spawn another impulse down if, and when the correction is over.

Archived