Daily Digger - Thursday Feb. 10, '-5

"And the winner is: Goldcorp. Goldcorp appears to have won the battle to withstand a takeover offer despite a last minute hike in the offer by Glamis Gold. The proof is in the technical action in Glamis? shares. Bay Street anal cysts like the outlook for Glamis, but recently have been reluctant to recommend the stock due to possible dilution caused by a successful takeover of Goldcorp. As soon as the winner became apparent and the market realized that dilution no longer was an issue, Glamis? stock responded strongly on the upside on higher than average volume."

http://dvtechtalk.com/February/February10.htm

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we had 5 waves down, and my time cycles, which arent the best, call for a low in the march-april window. i am going to continue to buy the melt downs until we either rocket outta here or it shows some continuing high volume shakeouts to prove the trend has changed.

for you prechterites or you just want to witness him put his foot in his mouth(famous yoga position). its a free week>http://www.elliottwave.com/subscribers/default.aspx dharma

he has been wrong like forever!

GG ain't doing so hot at the moment so there's your meltdowns

NG is holding up at new all time highs - and like all anxious goldbugs I only own a few thousand shares so it better produce.....

Oil drillers and anything oil is melting up with crude off the 45 area lows

need I say more...

charms, by meltdowns i dont mean company specific. i mean the whole sector. like the correction we just had.

gg is in a unique situation, having just taken over wht.

notice the south africans have some juice today-even drooy is up 10% dharma

i think the bottom for this low has been seen. now we rally back up to around 430, over the next few weeks. then back down for another low and buying opportunity. and then i think we reenter the bull. the stock market bull over the pd. from  the years 82-2k  showed that all the dip buyers were constantly rewarded. until proven otherwise, i think the same truth will hold for the pms and shares.  dharma

My hope this time around is a SLOWER rise in gold and a relatively faster rise in the gold stocks - opposite of last round when gold went up far to fast.

charms, by meltdowns i dont mean company specific. i mean the whole sector. like the correction we just had.

gg is in a unique situation, having just taken over wht. 

You know I haven't even been looking at the PM news. So, GG actually got WHT. NG did nice today. How about yourself?

One thing for sure, the long trading range blues probably has destroyed a lot of hope and hype in the PM sector along with a lot of technical repairing to do. At least we held the trendline I had on the XAU

Wow, a great day and still no one here.  I'd expect a few more posts on a day like today.

So, was 85 it on the dollar, or does it rally to 87?

When we see 7 pages posts then that is likely the cue to sell RIGHT NOW. 4 pages - hmmm - maybe consider looking at your holdings and make some selective sales. 2 pages of posts, up from 1, may indicate a real bottom.

gg is in a unique situation, having just taken over wht.? 

You know I haven't even been looking at the PM news. So, GG actually got WHT. NG did nice today. How about yourself?

One thing for sure, the long trading range blues probably has destroyed a lot of hope and hype in the PM sector along with a lot of technical repairing to do. At least we held the trendline I had on the XAU

Yes it is. This time around I'm NOT buying ONE gold stock (or gold). The most I plan to do is get out of the positions I have with minimal profits. And then hold cash in preference.

My hope this time around is a SLOWER rise in gold and a relatively faster rise in the gold stocks - opposite of last round when gold went up far to fast.

I believe it will be.

If you look back at the last several years, at the HUI and gold, they have traded off. One will have a huge rally while the other goes up some, then they flip the next time. 2003 it was the stocks, 2004 it was the metal, 2005 it should be the stocks again.

The HI rallies have alternated between around ~100% off the bottom, and ~50%

I think the HUI will go to ~mid 300s to 400 this year, gold 480 (or 529).

I believe it will be.

If you look back at the last several years, at the HUI and gold, they have traded off. One will have a huge rally while the other goes up some, then they flip the next time. 2003 it was the stocks, 2004 it was the metal, 2005 it should be the stocks again.

The HI rallies have alternated between around ~100% off the bottom, and ~50%

I think the HUI will go to ~mid 300s to 400 this year, gold 480 (or 529).

The big question for me - being in Canada - is Is where does the Loonie along the way. If it revalue to 90 cents on the US Dollar, then basically the Canadian value of gold will go nowhere.

Archived