Daily Digger Wednesday Jan. 26, '05

Yes, it's getting toward the end of another month and time to revisit monthly charts. My wife kicked me off promptly at 11pm last night so I missed poking around much - it was Wyckoff study and upthrusts - which by the way the SPX on a monthly chart is an upthrust of the 1163 area - to now find support. Happens all the time in charts - in every time frame..... and the opposite is a spring on the bottom. Do you see any in the PM stocks?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

labored rally in buck may mean that demand is not there....

Bernie..

With gold trading "mirror image" to the Euro/ Dollar cross, we expect the Euro to bounce at the 1.2800 level, with important Fibonacci Cluster Support at 1.2600 and 1.2300, both not likely to be reached anytime soon.

The Dollar should maintain a choppy uptrend for two more weeks, before resuming the downtrend.

he shows a chart of the XAU with confluence support at

90.51 then 85.71

Not much to say really is there. You either believe we are in an area for accumulation and are cautiously bullish or you are sick of holding on through this interminable correction. I guess you could be discouraged and think the buck holds the key and looks like it may run. I'm encouraged by Silver's performance the last few days. Cautiously bullish but not ruling out one more ass whuppin'. :D

Newcrest shares slump on cost blowout

January 27, 2005 - 2:49PM

Shares in gold producer Newcrest Mining Ltd have slumped as the market focused on a $209 million cost blowout at its flagship Telfer mine.

Although not a huge surprise, the market reacted badly to the increased $1.4 billion capital cost, attributed to a shortage of skilled labour and the effects of a cyclone last year, one Melbourne-based anal cyst said.

Newcrest was trading down 40 cents, or 2.4 per cent, at $16.41 by 1425 AEDT.

But it was not all bad news at Telfer, with plant throughput rates higher than expected at 1,300 tonnes an hour, compared with the design capacity of 1,100 tonnes per hour.

The Age Free subscription maybe be required.

Archived