Daily Digger - Thursday Jan. 6, '05

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uncle DX is sitting at the creek - he could upthrust again and pullback or break through and Jump the creek.? This is the first time he'll have the chance to show some real color...

Charmin:

A couple of days ago, I posted a count on the dollar. Your chart shows wave 3 down, wave 4 up (upthrust) and 5 to the bottom (of a larger wave 3)

What should follow is an abc up. I think creek is the "a" wave. We should retreat in "b", regroup and jump on the second test--the "c"wave. This entire process should take 2 to 4 weeks. It will complete the larger 4th wave.

Thereafter, as the larger 4th is completed at 83.50 to 84.50, the dollar decline should resume in wave 5

XAU and NEM:

I think we're in a micro wave 4 up. It should see higher prices Thursday, but it could have completed in the morning on Wednesday.

Hence, the alternate count on the XAU. NEM is in the same boat as what I've labelled iii and v is a double bottom at 41.44. If we break it, iii gets re-labelled as v and the 3 wave move after that becomes 4.

Ordinarily, a 4th wave carries up to the 4th wave of one lesser degree in wave 3.

Yesterday, I posted a chart of PAAS, targeting 14.40 to 50. NEM looks like 42.50 to 42.70. Previously, I indicated that 96 on the XAU was substantial support and should now be substantial resistance. I'm looking for 96, the red box count.

As I indicated on the XAU chart, we still have further, but ragged declines to go.

post-1352-1104991896_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1104991913_thumb.jpg

....grinchie was scratching his pointy noggin and wondering about the inflation/deflation enigma....so I looked into some big, ugly, bellweathers:

...A/D lines show me how horny folks is....(very it seems)

....and MACD cross-overs on a long-chart seem loud...

....prognosis: Monster inflation in the cards, buck down, everything else up, big-time)

post-1744-1104993962_thumb.gif

post-1744-1104994017_thumb.gif

post-1744-1104994076_thumb.gif

....grinchie may be little of brain and thick of skull....but damned if we're not at the end of a 1 yr correction....since everyone sold (suckers)....my beady-yellow eyes see only buyers ....(and a lovely inverse H&S shampooing)...

Grinch:

Same chart, but with my take on it.

RSI and MACD are in downtrends.

The red boxes are where first and third waves reach equality. If there's a 5th, it will be lower.

About the only sunshine on the horizon is that we're approaching a major uptrend line.

I can't see your H&S. Can you label it on the chart?

post-1352-1104999519_thumb.png

Uncle DX is sitting at the creek - he could upthrust again and pullback or break through and Jump the creek.  This is the first time he'll have the chance to show some real color...

Charmin:

I played around with some dollar charts.

I think you've nailed everything on the head. When the Dollar stops its swoon, the PM's, the Commod's, and the general market will start to tank.

I want to study my charts on the weekend. We could be there, but I think we're still about 2 to 3 months from there.

My guess is that we're in the early stages of 4th waves in everything. The metals (precious and non-precious) and the general market should correct upwards over the next week or so and decline choppily after that.

This should be followed by a rally back. This rally will be terminal. How long it lasts is unknown to me--say a month or 2.

Thereafter, there'll be no safe place to hide except long the dollar and short everything else.

Archived