Daily Digger - Thursday Dec. 30, '04

which of you posted the CCJ chart before

breakout today

Price rules but what do you make of these other oscillators? Not kind to me.

post-1388-1104442618_thumb.jpg

The MACD and SlowStoch look similar to the breakout in November. So it could still be a 10% move. Its probably worthwhile scanning the rest of the Uranium miners to look for other opportunities, from my list BCP.V, FRG.TO, LAM.V, SAN.V, TXM.V have positive MACD and SlowStock. Den.to isn't there yet but hopefully soon.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That COP target is holding on crude for now.  I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.  OSX and OIH are still meanding higher.

I'm not sure that crude needs to stay above 41 for OSX to increase. From my reading the oil stocks havn't factored in oil at $35 so the very impressive earnings could keep the share prices moving along even as crude pulls back.

I'm probably trying to integrate what I believe the two sets of charts are saying rather than trading based on the patterns.

HUI:

This is a chart of the last 8 months.

There are several important features to the trend, pattern and count.

First, the bearish MACD divergence going into the November 17th top is readily apparent. Second, we can now see a completed H & S pattern in MACD.

Regarding the pattern, I have a reservation or two, only in relation to the fib level.

It looks like a symmetrical triangle that has broken down. Today's action seems to be a re-test of the upward trendline. Stochastic's lends support to this analysis. It's more apparent in the next frame, where the trendlines are more apparent.

The count gives me comfort. First, there's an a-b pattern just crying out for a c-wave. The December 8th overlap of what I've labelled wave 1 means that the November 17th high can't be wave 3 due to the overlap. The count says that, ultimately, this will resolve in significantly lower levels.

post-1352-1104468620_thumb.png

Archived