That Old-time TA

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meta,

I joined you on the IBM. I'm trying out my first Single Stock Futures trade on this one. 5 to 1 leverage and no time decay and no ridiculous spreads.

K,

You still gaming this one? I like it and am looking to re-enter.

Suctor chart is very supportive.

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=unh&indicator=1,13,,;32,5,3,3;34,,,&dur=3y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

Futures!!.....I fear what I may do to myself :grin:

That said........research is warranted.

SG chimes in with some NON EWAVE stuff

Housing Bubble?- This again is SIMPLE stuff

Housing prices growing at 6.1% last few years. Incomes closer to 3%, if you believe the government stats.

At some point during the coming depression, the inflection begins where incomes stop growing and flatten out, then go down. At the same time deficits rise, the dollar falls, and interest rates rise.

Falling incomes, rising interest rates means the cycle reverses and returns to a "fair value" of housing... which leaves all that accumulated debt behind to be serviced by declining incomes....

If you dont believe me on incomes... read this headline from today

Medical products maker Abbott Laboratories Inc. said on Tuesday it will freeze salaries for the next six months to help finance the launch of its promising rheumatoid arthritis drug, Humira.

Just caught Charlie Rose interviewing Steve Case. This Rose guy is like the Oprah Winfrey or Barbara Wawa of the financial press. I haven't wanted to heave a large sack of steaming dung at anyone so badly in ages.

Actually Rose has little if anything to do with the financial press. More of a Larry King equivalent for NPR. Used to be rumored to hang out with Ms. Stewart of Jail house Decor fame...

SG chimes in with some NON EWAVE stuff

Housing Bubble?- This again is SIMPLE stuff

Housing prices growing at 6.1% last few years. Incomes closer to 3%, if you believe the government stats.

At some point during the coming depression, the inflection begins where incomes stop growing and flatten out, then go down. At the same time deficits rise, the dollar falls, and interest rates rise.

Falling incomes, rising interest rates means the cycle reverses and returns to a "fair value" of housing... which leaves all that accumulated debt behind to be serviced by declining incomes....

If you dont believe me on incomes... read this headline from today

Medical products maker Abbott Laboratories Inc. said on Tuesday it will freeze salaries for the next six months to help finance the launch of its promising rheumatoid arthritis drug, Humira.

The amount of cash derived from cash out refis rose from $44 billion in 2000 to an estimated $172 billion in 2002 according to new reports. The money explains a lot. In fact, according to the chief economist at Moody?s, ?This helps explain the miracle of consumer spending growth amid declining income levels.? The problem, of course, is that money homeowners lengthened their mortgage loans to get cash today. Even money plowed into home improvements may not ultimately be realized in the sales price. When falling home prices or rising interest rates make the refi game tougher, the economy will have to switch horses. Will there be one left in the stable?

Studies show that the chances of a mortgage default triple when borrowers increase their balances 20 percent or more. Citing those figures, Freddie Mac and sister agency Fannie Mae recently announced additional fees for cash-out refinancings.

http://www.freep.com/realestate/renews/ref...12_20030112.htm

Now we'll see, looks like we have a natural Turning point ahead revolving around an earnings report... Since the market has churned for at least the past 3 sessions, we're all expecting some kind of break out/down. These indices have been trading in a very narrow range, I would expect the volatility level to pick up and those ranges to stretch out a bit, before resolving the direction...

Keep a cool head, I think we're close...;)

Just caught Charlie Rose interviewing Steve Case.  This Rose guy is like the Oprah Winfrey or Barbara Wawa of the financial press.  I haven't wanted to heave a large sack of steaming dung at anyone so badly in ages.

Actually Rose has little if anything to do with the financial press. More of a Larry King equivalent for NPR. Used to be rumored to hang out with Ms. Stewart of Jail house Decor fame...

Tanks for the background. Either way, he had more shtick than an off-the-rack drugstore romance novel.

Gold is doomed short-term, sigh. Just got home, heard a big plug on the car radio for.... gold. Call 1-888-blahblahblah to get your free booklet, Gold -- the opportunity of a lifetime.

Toast, short-term. Correction here we come.

But long-term -- quite another story. :grin:

Meta,

Shorted UNH yesterday at 83. Lookin' for breakdown in the next few days. If not I'll cover and reload later. This one is getting very close to melt down, methinks.

Roid,

Still short the Gold futures from 355.5. Lookin' for a sharp break starting ASAP. If not, I'll probably cover my Forus-Sized :grin: position.

Archived