That Old-time TA

Doc is a little jealous. After all, The Stool is orders of magnitude bigger than Cyclesman. But I guess I am used to the thought that the mainstream media will never interview someone named Dr. Stepan N. Stool the Stock Proctologist.

They thik it's a joke or something. ?:cry:

Now, now Doc. Don't worry -- you'll probably have your own show on Crapvision by the time this is over! Stool Hour Informative Talks with Dr. Stephen N. Stool. You'll be a folk hero! The ads will have toothless guys sayin' "I lost my entire fortune, and couldn't even afford a good dentist until I found Doc." or the young punk with a nose ring sayin' "I watch him every day. The rest the folks don't know dick, but I know I can always count on getting the true SHIT from Doc." They'll be letters from your fans sayin' "the buttheads over at Enrun stole all my monye, but with the help of the good doctor Stool, I got it back from the basturds."

All in good time, Mr. Dear Doctor...all in good time. Your day will come.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QQQ on Monday and Tuesday this week, net drain of 3 million shares. Nothing more than churning and chopping into the top.

1 million shares accumulated net today, of 27 million traded....

Yesterday 4 million drained...

SG....where are u getting these facts? Would like to know what u are using to determine accumulation or distribution.

OBV On balance volume, volume in up - volume in down direction gives you accumulation/distribution. I think. I use one minute charts of OBV (red/green volume) to guage pressure. I should say I use them when I'm trading.

I'm doing my best to remember that friends don't let friends trade during OEX.

The On Balance Volume indicator adds to a running total the volume of each bar with a higher close than the bar before and subtracts from the total the volume of each bar with a lower close. The running total is plotted as a line. The use of both price and volume provides a different perspective from price or volume alone. For example, higher prices with light volume will cause On Balance Volume to rise slowly, possibly indicating that the trend lacks conviction. Because On Balance Volume begins accumulating values from the left of the chart, the numeric value of On Balance Volume will depend on the data available in the chart. Therefore, the relative value, or trend direction, of On Balance Volume is more important than its numeric value.

Since OBV includes consideration involving price, I dont think you can consider it to be the source of the numbers SG is quoting. If I am incorrect and SG is indeed using OBV, I would greatly appreicate a display of the calculations on how his values were achieved. I am always amazed as to how people come up with accumulation or distrubition, buying, selling, etc. and just want someone to set me straight.

SG...I still await your answer. I asked this yesterday as well and didnt get an answer. Please respond, I need to know! I want to know! Please!

Re Saddam Exile Rumor:

Probably heavy back channel discussions going on between us, the Saudis, Egyptians and Turks. Notice that no one in the administration, not even Powell, has said much since the first of the year, despite steady criticism. Saddam into exile with his family and party leaders would be a win for everyone. We look good for doing this without a hot war, as do the Saudis, who desparately need a PR win, for brokering the deal. Part of the deal might be that we pressure the Israelis into peace with Palestine, which would mollify the Egyptians and Jordanians.

Anyway, the only reason for chiming in is that I think this will happen, and will rocket the market northward, temporarily, giving a great, shortable top to this move. No one is paying much attention because the source for the current "rumor" is the WorldTribune.com. Still the Wash Post ran this story about 3 weeks ago and it has not been denied by anyone.

BTW, all the troops going over is not inconsistent with this outcome.

Debka ran an article before the end of the year stating that there is a huge complex being built for Saddam in Tripoli. I guess we'll see soon enough, eh?

Guest BEARDRECH
Besides, Christmas sales and Refis be damned, this is supposed to be a technical analysis site... ?

I don't look at the market through brown-colored or rose-colored glasses... what you see is what you get...

Funny to me that when our best laid plans on how the market will tank results in a dribble of fundamentals talk when they don't work out....

Let's stick to technical analysis, all this fundamental mish-mash about Denial, PPT, the invisible hand, all that trash is counter-productive...

Give me the TA, I don't need rationalization!

Give me that old-time TA, Give me that old-time TA . . . Speakers on, please!

Forgive me, Fart, but I just couldn't resist . . . :grin:

FART

These are the times when men'/woman must try to get their shoes oversoled--

Your demand for TA (why do those initials sound like a cris de cour for a stripper?) is absolutely justified on this board-but sometimes observers-like dok- out of necessity,humbly distantiate themselves from the phenomenon--the reads at the moment not decipherable (whatever)--so macro judgements are in order--i.e. giving ones uncertainty a NAME,A WARNING.

When i see uncertianty expressed by my betters(pun intended) i supplement my limited understanding it with a limited interpretation of e.g. sornette,and supplement that

Archived