That Old-time TA

Re Saddam Exile Rumor:

Probably heavy back channel discussions going on between us, the Saudis, Egyptians and Turks. Notice that no one in the administration, not even Powell, has said much since the first of the year, despite steady criticism. Saddam into exile with his family and party leaders would be a win for everyone. We look good for doing this without a hot war, as do the Saudis, who desparately need a PR win, for brokering the deal. Part of the deal might be that we pressure the Israelis into peace with Palestine, which would mollify the Egyptians and Jordanians.

Anyway, the only reason for chiming in is that I think this will happen, and will rocket the market northward, temporarily, giving a great, shortable top to this move. No one is paying much attention because the source for the current "rumor" is the WorldTribune.com. Still the Wash Post ran this story about 3 weeks ago and it has not been denied by anyone.

BTW, all the troops going over is not inconsistent with this outcome.

Debka ran an article before the end of the year stating that there is a huge complex being built for Saddam in Tripoli. I guess we'll see soon enough, eh?

If this were true, wouldn't we already have seen Geraldo touring the complex?

Despite Debka, I continue to think that something like this IS true. The question becomes to what extent a war is built into the current market level and to what extent a suprise peace of this kind, with many positive elements including, presumably, a sharp lowering of oil prices, would temporarily favor sharply higher prices for stocks.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QQQ on Monday and Tuesday this week, net drain of 3 million shares. Nothing more than churning and chopping into the top.

1 million shares accumulated net today, of 27 million traded....

Yesterday 4 million drained...

SG....where are u getting these facts? Would like to know what u are using to determine accumulation or distribution.

SG.............

A response please.

Looking at the charts on Uncle Buck, I see some pretty solid support around the 100.00 level. It's been a pretty straight line down since Jan 2002 since the double top at 120. A bounce in buck would be bad news for gold in US Doolars, incl. XAU and HUI. Any thoughts? Who's dumping their miners?

INTC Jan 17.5 straddle is very active. Currently bidding @$1.15 up from $1.05 last Friday despite the time decay. Traders buying this straddle are expecting a 6.5% move in the stock by the end of the week. Which way is the big question.

I've been increasing my short position in INTC and building short positions in KLAC, AMAT, MXIM.

Medical products maker Abbott Laboratories Inc. said on Tuesday it will freeze salaries for the next six months to help finance the launch of its promising rheumatoid arthritis drug, Humira.

I agree with your essential point.

An entry level board certified MD makes over 250k there (same as an average neurosurgeon). All salaries at Abbott are inflated, as it is. They need to fire half of their staff; their drugs suck huge time...........

I have been ranting about the situation here in Biobeach, San Diego. Some 930k+ salaries....stocks trading at $2...no revenues. HUGE drops straight ahead..........

monthly pharma; I expect 237 this year.

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=drg&indicator=1,13,,;32,5,3,3;34,,,&dur=5y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

the whole pharma and biotech scene is in for a world of hurt.

monthly biodrech

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=btk&indicator=1,13,,;32,5,3,3;34,,,&dur=5y&freq=2&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

a snippet from my recent lecture on 'What ails biotech?'

".................The biotechnology industry is currently undergoing a typical Darwinian shakeout. The strongest will survive. The weak will evaporate, and much IP will be grabbed by 'stronger hands'. Private and public investors are now demanding business models that are absolutely fundamentally sound. Much criticism has been launched against biotechnology companies, because the hype and promises have under-delivered, so far. Many 'biotechs' are belatedly realizing that their business models are flawed. Several are 're-inventing' themselves as 'drug pipeline companies', dedicated to applied clinical pharmacology. The halcyon days of lucrative IPOs are over for a long time. Dwindling cash reserves make this process of repositioning even more treacherous for many companies........"

The best hope for bulls is DENIAL.

ROCK ON!!

Archived