Daily Digger - Friday Dec. 17, '04

I hope that as the year ends it finds you in good health and good spirits. Nothing else really matters anyway. I couldn't think of anything better than to just post a picture of my four kids - they can be fun and they can be grumpy and they want to always get their own way. Life will teach them a thing or two. Hopefully, I can help out.....

post-326-1103265192.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what to make of some men's views.....

Bert Dohmen

"The dollar bottomed on December 3 and so far has had a very nice rally. The rally will go just far and long enough to force the big short-sellers to close out their positions. That probably means the first week of January.

While the dollar rallies, the U. S. bond market should do well. Commodities, especially the precious metals related investments will be under pressure. And the big blue chip stocks will also be fighting a strong headwind.

I would not be surprised if the dollar were to strengthen now for much longer than most traders would believe."

Seeking Reassurance

Getting Nervous, A Good Sign?

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

yesterday was one of the best days of the past weeks, IMO, since HUI held up pretty well considering the gold drop and the precarious bear flag in the HUI which had formed, i.e. it had all reasons to really dump, yet it didn't.

also, bear flag start getting negated when they extend past 6 days.

currently watching for further positive divergences to develop.

regards

Thanks for sharing the picture of your kids. Did they get their good looks from their mother? :)

Alot of the "gurus" have been also looking for 430 to hold. Guess it all depends on the buck. It just boggles the mind to hear fool after fool paraded out on crapvision saying thet there is no inflation or inflation is "benign". I even heard Jack Welch say it a couple of days ago. Where do they live?

It appears the broads might be finally running out of some steam, I heard Alexis Glick talk about the VIX this a.m. - which hit a new low yesterday. It's about time we had a pretty decent correction in something other than the miners.

Charmin, your assessment that family is really all that matters is right on, sometimes that gets lost in market translation.

its simple jack welch probably gets most things complimentary. the other night i was watching the knicks. adam sandler was at the game, the color commentator said he probably got the seat for free. anyway, in the real world, prices are rising. i just sold a condo in del ray beach. the same unit sold for 6% less in oct. the question is not if, but when. i suspect it will take longer than i think. it seems so obvious. the buck is another peso pretender in this hemisphere. dharma

Thanks for sharing the picture of your kids. Did they get their good looks from their mother? :)

Alot of the "gurus" have been also looking for 430 to hold. Guess it all depends on the buck. It just boggles the mind to hear fool after fool paraded out on crapvision saying thet there is no inflation or inflation is "benign". I even heard Jack Welch say it a couple of days ago. Where do they live?

It appears the broads might be finally running out of some steam, I heard Alexis Glick talk about the VIX this a.m. - which hit a new low yesterday. It's about time we had a pretty decent correction in something other than the miners.

Charmin, your assessment that family is really all that matters is right on, sometimes that gets lost in market translation.

Yes, I think my kids get their looks from my wife. The ones on the left look more like her and the ones on the right look a little more like me.

Bert Dohmen says that inflation is benign too. Well, I get to pay another 5.8% on Hershey's candybars now - they just announced a price increase.

We have upward inflationary pressures from a worthless dollar but a downward pressure from Chinese product prices. What happens when china wants a price increase for their manufactured junk? We have efficiency in the workplace and before long it won't really matter - health care and other costs will just squash any downward price pressure.

This is the present situation at where I work...

"The cost of the insurance increased from $4.20 per hour to $4.70 per hour. Annually the cost of insurance is $9,776 per employee. "

Chinese workers average $1.06 per hour. Some come in down near 50 cents per hour and others in big cities make more. Benefits?

You decide.....

Ok, I've heard or read two individuals say Buck could go much higher here. There must be a few out there by now.

Guess what, I want to be major wrong and say Uncle Buck will now attempt to test the 77.70 target before it sees much higher. At least I know I'll be wrong when buck goes up to 83.33 - jumps it and creates a higher trading range.

How bout them apples.

Archived