Daily Digger - Thursday Dec. 16, '04

Though news may not help your trading - it seems it just gets more dire when reading about Uncle Buck. Especially with the fact that - "The United States government is not prepared to start intervening in currency markets to influence the exchange rate," said Douglas Lee, head of the research firm Economics from Washington. Bush's administration is the first to not intervene in currency markets since the current exchange-rate system was adopted 30 years ago."

Yesterday - "The dollar's decline Wednesday was exacerbated by a Treasury Department report issued earlier in the day showing that capital flows into the United States slowed in October to their lowest level in a year."

Sounds dire....

Dollar edges down ahead of U.S. data

Listen to Sir Al....

"Greenspan has raised the rhetoric on the dollar in recent weeks, suggesting that foreigners may lose their appetite for dollars if U.S. deficits go unchecked."

I don't know what to tell you in the PM market. Between the highs and recent lows I suppose we could build cause for awhile. Buy support and sell resistance and I have GG as an example. The volume on the down day on Dec. 2 doesn't appear to show an overabundance of supply - that means the conviction to the downside was not in the bears favor. Actually, I think we could see the top again in a months time. Don't scold me if it doesn't happen. In that regard I think Doc should devalue my posts by about 10,0000. I don't understand why my count is greater than Wndysrf's. I really enjoy his stuff. I have to sit and actually work for a living - on a computer.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

Miner Merger Mayhem part II

Glamis Gold Announces Take-Over Bid For Goldcorp

Thursday December 16, 8:15 am ET

RENO, Nev.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 16, 2004--All amounts in US$

Glamis Gold Ltd. (NYSE:GLG - News; TSX:GLG - News) today announced its intention to make a take-over bid (the "Take-over Bid") to acquire Goldcorp Inc. ("Goldcorp"). Glamis intends to offer Goldcorp shareholders 0.89 of a Glamis common share for each Goldcorp common share. The offer values Goldcorp at $17.80 per common share and represents a premium of 22.6% based on the volume-weighted average trading price for both companies for the previous 30 trading days on the New York Stock Exchange.

Kevin McArthur, President and Chief Executive Officer of Glamis Gold said, "A business combination between Glamis and Goldcorp has been in the making for over a year. We are very pleased to present this premium offer directly to Goldcorp's shareholders. We have completed exhaustive due diligence on their assets on two separate occasions and see significant opportunities for improvement. Glamis' previous acquisitions have created dramatic value for its shareholders and we believe that we can deliver similar results through enhanced mining and exploration efforts at Red Lake. Red Lake is one of the world's great gold assets and the time has come for its future to be guided by a mining-focused team."

Is the $17.80 in CAD or USD? If in CAD, is the price of USD15.65 already there?

Edit: It clearly states all amounts in USD....duuuuuh :lol:

Miner Merger Mayhem part II

Thursday December 16, 8:15 am ET

RENO, Nev.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 16, 2004--All amounts in US$

Glamis Gold Ltd. (NYSE:GLG - News; TSX:GLG - News) today announced its intention to make a take-over bid (the "Take-over Bid") to acquire Goldcorp Inc. ("Goldcorp"). Glamis intends to offer Goldcorp shareholders 0.89 of a Glamis common share for each Goldcorp common share. The offer values Goldcorp at $17.80 per common share and represents a premium of 22.6% based on the volume-weighted average trading price for both companies for the previous 30 trading days on the New York Stock Exchange.

Kevin McArthur, President and Chief Executive Officer of Glamis Gold said, "A business combination between Glamis and Goldcorp has been in the making for over a year. We are very pleased to present this premium offer directly to Goldcorp's shareholders. We have completed exhaustive due diligence on their assets on two separate occasions and see significant opportunities for improvement. Glamis' previous acquisitions have created dramatic value for its shareholders and we believe that we can deliver similar results through enhanced mining and exploration efforts at Red Lake. Red Lake is one of the world's great gold assets and the time has come for its future to be guided by a mining-focused team."

Tigress.. hate to use the "F" word here, but "Fundamantally" I lke the company and the space. They use a top notch international accounting firm and have as one of their larger investors T Boon Pickins I believe. Their tech is going to expand and so is their customer base imo..

LOL I love it when ya talk dirty Hadjin! :lol:

Who the heck is this Pickins guy???

Well Westports' weekly bollinger band compression is indicating a potential LT breakout. Testing ice for now. On the Canadian chart its tightly wedged between a resistance and support line and just hit the 200 dma.

Tigress..  hate to use the "F" word here, but "Fundamantally" I lke the company  and the space.  They use a top notch international accounting firm and have as one of their larger investors T Boon Pickins I believe.  Their tech is going to expand and so is their customer base imo..

Archived