M2M Acadamy Awards.....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jimi.... :lol:

hey, software question for everyone:

What does Ensign software -do- ?? In other words, is this just a charting proggy? Or does it also do stock-scanning?

Would it be something I'd use in -addition- to QT, with IB ?? Or would I -replace- QT with it?

tanks

I've just been idly contemplating a dow-chart....9 mos....daily....linear....

Interesting how -very- similar this cycle's top is to the June-July cycle.

Both are expanding triangles....with virtually identical timing of the (roughly) 8-day ripple-cycles along the top....

If cyclical repetition means anything (and the periodicity over the past 9 months is pretty pronounced), then we start down on Monday.

Quickly down, but only a 200-250 pt drop in the first leg....barring some difference this time around.

Does the larger height/volatility of this cycle's top imply a more violent move down this time? :unsure:

Will we get a second leg down also? Like the past 3 cycles?

All 3 of them have had 3 legs down. Again, there's truly a very pronounced similarity over the past 3.5 cycles.

Two other pronounced cyclical repetitions in this series are the alternating variations in the bottoms and tops. The bottoms alternate between nipple-down or nipple-up. The tops alternate between a downtrending double-top or an expanding triangle.

comments welcome :D

a dow-chart....9 mos....daily....linear....

Interesting how -very- similar this cycle's top is to the June-July cycle.

comments welcome

This may help promote discussion.

My initial thoughts...

The sharp break w/vol in JUL is not replicated in the current action.

This rally had the strength to move out of the intermediate term down trend where the earlier failed at the channel boundary.

Ease of movement seems up. Trend is still strong in that direction, though falling.

BWTFDIK :P

post-14-1102734216.jpg

2005 won't be bullish.

Perhaps, but the bears will be fighting the "year ending in 5" history back to the 19th century on USA markets.

Commentary

Rules of last century will not apply anymore :o

Just ask Kerry - he will list all the "rules" that Bush broke on his way to re-election.

Want TA? Check out BPSPX chart - has NEVER EVER been above 70 for sooo long as it was in 2003, not even during anytime in the amazing run from 94 end thru 2000.

Come, come - lets not be so last century about this !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quickly down, but only a 200-250 pt drop in the first leg....barring some difference this time around.

comments welcome :D

Yes, I expect so - till end of the week Dec 18-20. There is a confluence of Fibs and Bradley around those days. Dow/SPX should drop close to their 50-MA and then rise up with Santa rally.

We are in (iv) of 5 of B - one last leg after that possibly into mid-Feb and then - Hello 73-74 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

buskow, silky, tanks for your feedback.

bus, i agree this cycle doesn't show the stronger volume that was seen during the 4th, 5th, 6th, trading days of July; if that's the 'break' you meant.

silky, I think I need to learn more about Bradley.... :P Not something I've applied in my own trading yet....I've mostly concentrated on very short-term intraday large-swing patterns. But I could predict those better if I had a better handle on the probable direction of the stock based on longer-term indications.

always more to learn... :P

ps; bus, tanks for the Ensign link. I was already there. I didn't find any sort of clear all-encompassing overview on that site....only specifics on a feature by feature basis. But perhaps I always do this sort of research too late in a too-hard day... :lol:

Edit: buskow, I just realized that you mentioned a break in -July-, but the part of that cycle corresponding to the current top is all in -June-. In other words, any 'break' in July is in a part of the cycle that we haven't even reached yet. So I'm not sure what correlation you were trying to draw. :unsure:

Archived