Fukui and Dung's Last Stand

QQQQ is flirting with 39.40 support. If that cracks, I think we should be able to put the horses in the wagons for awhile.

I propose that we use IDS World Markets as a daily 24 hr thread- seems excessive to be starting a new topic when we could be following their excellent comments and charts. Thoughts?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one IDS sounds good to me GF, for the reasons you give - lots of good stuff there that may be overlooked.

on a completely different subject, it wasn't inflation that put an end to the Dimebag:

Five Die in Ohio Heavy Metal Band Shooting

The NBC television affiliate in Columbus, WCMH, reported that one of the dead was Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell. It said the band was playing its first song in a set when the gunman ran on stage and began shooting. Some members of the audience initially thought the affair might have been part of the band's act, the station said.

Dimebag Darrell and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul, were previously with Texan thrash metal band Pantera, which formed in the early 1980s.

what has to be going on in your head for you to see shooting people you don't know in a bar as an answer?

The big 10 year note suction is today. What will our friendly foreign central bankers do? Show up huge, like they did yesterday? We will know around 1:00 when the Trashury releases the results. I will update you on all the gory details in the Feed Report later this afternoon, a little later than usual, unfortunately. I will be out for part of mid day. If one of you who follows these results could keep the rest of us updated, it would be most appreciated!

Although we see some weakness in stocks this morning, keep in mind that the Trashury is giving a big wad of cash back today. On the other hand, Al has a huge Thursday repo rollover to contend with. Depending on how much of it he rolls, that will help determine how the market acts this afternoon. I suspect he will drain, but it could still be a net plus if he drains less than the Trashury is putting back. If the drain offsets all of the Trashury add, the market is on its own. Details in the current Fed Feed Report, a daily service of the Anals of Stock Proctology. To get instant access, click the link at the bottom of this post.

About this business of the foreign central banks subsidizing our markets, why is that such a big deal, you ask. First of all, the fact that they bought two thirds of yesterday's Trashury sale, and have been consistently buying 40-60% of US Trashury paper for a couple of years has created an enormous interest rate subsidy to the US market. God knows where bond yields would be today if it weren't for this constantly expanding vendor financing.

The other reason it's important is that some of the excess liquidity it creates upon injection, goes directly into the stock market. As Doc has shown you in the Fed Releases Review each weekend, there is a direct correlation between how much buying Uncles Fukui and Dung do, and the performance of the S&P. We also know that their buying runs in surges, and then subsides. Cycles! We have been in the midst of a surge for the past 7 weeks, which perfectly corresponds with the big stock rally. This surge is due to level off very soon. Once the buying slows, stock prices will swoon. A sell signal may be imminent on this indicator. Keep up to date on the FCB subsidy every day in the Feed Report, and in the weak end Fed Releases Review, all part of your subscription to the Anals. Click the link at the bottom of this post to get in now.

Yields are languishing near 4.135 at the moment, very close to the cmap we left off with yesterday. The 3 day cmap currently looks like 4.12. The 5 hr cycle is in a sideways up phase, which means we are likely to see a little more downside later. How convenient, just in time for the 10 year note suction. The reason long rates are lower the last couple of days is that the total of the 5 and 10 year note suctions are less than the amount of the expiring cash management bills they are replacing. The excess cash forced yields down. How clever of the Trashury to have figured this out! They pressured the short end of the market, as well as stock prices, with the CMB's, only to force long yields lower the following week. :angry: I suspect this effect will be temporary, as the gummit's borrowing needs continue to grow exponanaly.

Meanwhile, Buck has been down and up like a yoyo overnight, making a low of 81.83, hitting the downside cmap in the wee hours, then climbing back to 82.36 around 7 AM. The 5 hr cycle is now heading down. The cmap is only 82.12. It hit a low of 82.15 about 8:00, and is now at 82.19. 24 hour cycle indicators are mixed. 3 day cycle indicators are mixed neutral. That cycle is due to turn up. A flat down phase this morning could lead to an upside breakout. I will try and keep you posted here on the status of this from time to time today as time permits. Keep up with the short intermediate and long term cycles and targets on Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, a regular feature of the Anals of Stock Proctology. Click the link at the bottom of this post to get in now!

Finally, I invite you to join me and your fellow Stoolies in Stooltrading, where I keep you updated throughout the day on the intraday, and 3-5 day cycle signals and price targets for SPX, SPY, QQQQ, and HUI. Join us there!

Many tanks for your support! See you in Stooltrading, and again tonight, in the Anals of Stock Proctology!

Schwab says BUY more stock... Effective today..

"3 per share margin requirement eliminated for stocks priced between $3 and $10

Effective 12/9/04 Schwab will eliminate the $3 per share minimum margin maintenance requirement on stocks priced between $3 and $10. These securities will be subject to a 30% house maintenance requirement.

The net effect is an increase in buying power. Clients who own marginable stocks priced between $3 and $10 may see an increase in Buying Power and Cash Available. Any increase will be reflected on statements and on Schwab.com. Additionally, margin requirements for a particular security can be found using the Margin Maintenance Lookup Tool which can be accessed after login on Schwab.com.

Special maintenance requirements still apply. Clients who own securities subject to special maintenance requirements (>30%) may not see any buying power increase from elimination of the $3 rule. In addition, clients who are on account level special maintenance may not receive a buying power increase from elimination of the $3 rule. "

QQQQ is flirting with 39.40 support.  If that cracks, I think we should be able to put the horses in the wagons for awhile.

I propose that we use IDS World Markets as a daily 24 hr thread-  seems excessive to be starting a new topic  when we could be following their excellent comments and charts.  Thoughts?

Sure, let's try it.

Archived