Single Digit Screamer Warning

For the record, here were the closes 12/31/03 on some of the major indexes..you can do the math but we ain?t up that much this year?but mania stocks are?.or the ?plutocratic hedgehog mania continues?.

Keep these ?numbers? in mind as the run for the bonuses finishes off in three weeks. After that we should expect to get Bullhorns out the backside by ?positive thinking shills? ( I'm going to dedicate tomorrows open to Doc's post from last night if it's ok with him ) in the first week of January?.

And "Here They Are !....

DOW JIMMY JONES LAWN ORNAMENT INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH CLEANER?10453

NAZCRAP??2003

RED RUT??.556

SMELLY SOX?508

S and PEE?.1111

As for the topic...I just got back from my meeting and checked the top 10 percentage gainers for the day...given the fact I won't be hearing anymore from a particular car salesman manager who is long 10000 of SIRI at 8.89 and 2000 at 4.50, I can't help but notice the penny specs going postal....if things play out as they have in the past, these man hole covers tend to be the last to run while the rest of the real companies flutter at the top of the channels like a stationary hummingbird, not going up much, but not falling much.....

As of 2 pm central here is our "leadership" and gains for the day...

OLAB 65 %

COI 47 %

TRFDF 41 %

GEPT 29 %

RNAI 25 %

ALOY 24 %

SCON 19 %

MIX 18 %

ISIG 18 %

At the time of this posting, not one of these is over 6 dollars a share and I don't have the foggiest idea what any of them do as I avoid concept stocks....

With that said...I would say a "Screamer Warning" is in effect until the rest of the more well known floating tether balls decide what they want to do...

In addition there are a lot of "Long Neck Geese" patterns out there suspended in thin air...and a lot of ALL type setups or "Loch Ness Patterns"....

big.chart?symb=all&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=10544&style=320&time=12&freq=2&nosettings=1&rand=9290&mocktick=1&rand=4218&.gif

Lastly the Jokes has the Ex Laker Coach "Phil Jackson Right Shoulder Pattern" going...its the pattern after a big counter trend run, post mania shank, where it starts forming a little boney knob like Phil Jacksons rare "looking" clavical, or in essence, a throwover without a left shoulder....Or maybe it's the "Fugitive Pattern" in honor of the one armed man....The Jones Officialy lacks a "Head"...

big.chart?symb=indu&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=1643&style=320&time=20&freq=2&nosettings=1&rand=6320&mocktick=1&rand=878&.gif

So it's open season for single digit Screamer Chasers...but I do know one person who isn't to pleased tonight...I'm waiting with bated breath for a call from "weedhopper" about whether a stop was in on SIRI....

Lastly.

As for the positive thinking negative thinking topic, many have said that some of the things I write about makes them feel like they aren't the only ones who think that way...What Doc wrote last night did that for me as I have been called a pessimist more often than not based on the fact I look at the world through a different lens...and I have hit some real low points in my life but am doing fine now. Looking at the market or world honestly and questioning the morality of issues doesn't make one "negative" on one's complete view on life. To me the stock market mania has brought the worst side out of people as it intensified the lust for instant riches or has made us feel "entitled".

If you ask any of the kids I coach, I don't think one of them would even remotely look at me as a negative person or a pessimist. Contrary to that, nearly everyone who asks me for "free" advice thinks I'm a pessimist. Particularly other "borkers" I talk to who are morally bankrupt and don't give a rats ass about the people they work for.

I got more to say on it but havn't finished yet and it does relate to the stock market...

later Stoolies...

Have a good evening....

Ag

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oops, things not getting better at XLNX:

Xilinx Business Update for December Quarter Fiscal 2005

> Strong sales in the month of October were followed by weaker than

expected turns bookings across all geographies in the month of

November.  Although turns bookings have increased in the first week

of the month of December, this strength is not expected to continue

due to normal seasonality experienced during the holidays.  As a

result, Xilinx is now expecting sales to decrease 5% to 8%

sequentially in the December quarter.  This is down from prior

guidance of down 2% to 6% sequentially.

>    Gross margin target is expected to be approximately 64%, unchanged

from prior guidance.

>    As a result of lower revenue levels, inventory days at Xilinx and

distribution are expected to be approximately 170 days, up from

prior guidance of 156 days.

SMH now down 50 cents AH

:D :D :D (i went short at the close)

I hope I'm this happy in the mornin...wouldn't a gap-up be just like da boyz?

But semis are in deep deep trouble. I know, funnymentals don't matter, but after awhile....they DO ! And 25% down quarters won't be something that can be shrugged off. It think Da Boyz will rotate into another sector rather than try to shill the unshillable (cDozer :lol: )

more good news for ya doz - CYMI warns too. ALTR next up:

chips are down

"Current demand for new light sources remains at previously anticipated levels, although our fourth quarter demand schedule is heavily back-end loaded," said Bob Akins, Cymer chairman and chief executive officer. "Demand for consumables and service has continued to slow, and therefore we now expect fourth quarter revenue to decline 12 to 13 percent from third quarter 2004 revenue of $107.1 million, compared to our original guidance of a 10 percent reduction.

4 solid warnings

CDWC sales below forcast

Xlnx cuts sales guidance to (5-8%) versus (1-5%) prior

ALTR cuts sales guidance to (9-12%) versus (2-5%) prior

CYmer cuts guidance by (9-12%) their sales should be a negative number pretty soon at this rate

Ag

Again very nice

A couple of years ago I heard Bush proclaim

"Americans DESERVE higher stock prices"

I will never forget it...

It starts at the top as they are the ones sucking from the bottom

The mentality I have seen around me, over

many years now, certainly would suggest the masses of heard and they BELIEVE. No longer is debt treated with the respect it deserves. This

is no accident and very necessary for transfer of wealth few can

visualize. Needless to say it stuns and saddens me how many have been sucked into the matrix money machine. Our forefathers must be turning in their graves.

Browne One...During the height of the bubble, myself and a buddy of mine used to spot those bizzarre spikes intra day all the time and called them "Mania ticks" that basically corrupted the chart. Maybe it was some order floating out there a market maker decided to hit or something. The corruption was so epic in late 99 and 2000 anything went including tape painting on top tick closes. EMC was famous for it often tacking on a buck or 2 on a 100 share lot. I have all kinds of stuff I was documenting back then with the faint hope of writing about the crap that went on but couldn't grasp a concept that would sell.

Good examples of stocks with spastic ticks were Yahoo, Amazon, Flea, Qualscam, as all would have intra day spikes like those when they were on a tear. We'd see spiking 10 or 20 bucks above the existing price with the stock eventually sprinting to it later in the day.

I can't remember one that didn't hit the needle's tip. We used to see those every day and would never short anything where one of those things appeared. We actually flipped the dogs a couple of times due to a "corrupted" spike.

That was then though and this is now..

Not sure it will ever get as broad based nuts as it was then but my hunch is it's some market maker screwing around to keep the thing racing and suck people in technically...

Ag

Regarding the discussion of the Investor's Intelligence sentiment indicator in IDS a little earlier. It hit 60% bulls today. Look closely at the charts. http://www.vtoreport.com/sentiment/sentiment.htm

They show that hitting 60% bulls is not always a sell signal. It hit that level in May 03, where upon the SPX subsequently took off on a 100 point rally. At that time the spread between bulls and bears was the highest it had been since just before the 1987 crash. You cannot rely on sentiment indicators any more. Their performance is too haphazard.

4 solid warnings

CDWC sales below forcast

Xlnx cuts sales guidance to (5-8%) versus (1-5%) prior

ALTR cuts sales guidance to (9-12%) versus (2-5%) prior

CYmer cuts guidance by (9-12%) their sales should be a negative number pretty soon at this rate

Do you think it will be a good test of yestiddy's top if these babies are not stick-saved?

Close: Stocks began the day with a mixed sentiment, but buyers stepped in throughout the day to close the indices near their highs of the session... A better than expected weekly oil inventories report, combined with the tendency of traders to use pullbacks - such as yesterday's 1.0-1.7% retreat - as a buying opportunity owing to the market's recent bullish momentum, helped pave the way an advance... A strong rebound in the dollar after trading around new lows this months also contributed to today's higher finish...

The greenback surged against the euro and yen after Japan reported weak 0.2% growth in Q3 GDP... As a result of these catalysts, just about every industry group climbed higher with retail, transportation, and health care leading the way... Merck (MRK 28.69 +0.80) paced the latter area, benefiting from bargain-hunting interest despite issuing weaker than expected FY05 (Dec) guidance... Technology was also lifted by renewed buying interest in disk drive after Seagate Technology (STX 17.00 +0.54) issued upside Q2 guidance... Hardware, software and networking also followed suit although semiconductor, strikingly, moved 1.2% lower...

Archived