Daily Digger - Monday December 5, '04

....CBJ... still in... grinchie was fortunate enough to make 2 big trades early in the game....(been getting creamed since) This will be my 3rd!.....

....grinchie sees no real participation yet....over-reaction to near-death hedging issue....and serious accumulation.....

post-1744-1102310858_thumb.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice what IBD dropped this past week...

A few energy and shippers

IBD100 Changes for 12/3/2004

First Timers: MTSC, TPX, ASFI

Added this week: MTSC, RECN, MGG, MTH, OZRK, ANSS, NTAP, BEBE, WIBC, AH,

TPX, PRAA, ASFI, IIVI, CACC

Dropped this week: UPL, PETD, GMR, XTO, TNP, BR, UTIW, AEOS, OSG, OMM, UNH,

VIP, AVD, BHP, GRMN

Stocks Moving Up with a Bullet: MRVL EBAY MCRS WIT SHFL DECK UIC BXG CMN

SBUX VNBC LFL BRY PENN SFCC WCG HANS PARL BSTE INFY WBSN FBP SIE SYMC IMGC

BYD ATLS BMHC CREE MPX VMSI CAI ELBO NSC HAR HRS ADSK QSII SRX RSTI

Charmin , havin't been in here in a long time .

Something strange is brewing and wanted to see what others thought . I wrote this tonight

"We are in the Mercury Retrograde period so it is not a good time for making new observations , the reason being is that this period can be very volatile due to trader changing their minds often . One day bearish , the other bullish, but I felt I needed to express this thought while I have it .

The Dollar has been declining , making a new cycle low on Friday , which is not unexpected as it has been discussed here many times before that 79.99 is a good support level that could easily be tested prior to reversal . The thing that came to mind over the weekend is that the Currency markets are one of the few markets that can be doggedly persistent in it's trend and the question that popped up in my mind was "what if this support level breaks down?"

A break of this long time support level would as previously mentioned create a cascading price action as stops are hit hard. Crashes do not occur from overbought conditions , but come from Dover Sole level that force traders out on an overextended squeeze creating condition that can be panic like.

The gold stocks have been lackluster over the last little while , and pulled back recently as they were expected , my feeling is that this sector was pricing in a Dollar rebound and is why the sector has not rallied along with gold , even on Friday when Gold was up $5. So taking this one step further , what happens to a sector when an event occurs that was not counted on? What if the dollar just slide through $.80 like it was not there? Mercury retrograde causes resistance and support lines to blur or disappear , allowing for markets to breach these levels so it would not be inconceivable for the Dollar to break this important price level. A break of $0.80 on volume would certainly catch the Gold sector , especially mining stocks. off guard.

There can be a case made for a move of the XAU to go to 122 from the current low 102 on Friday if we do get a breach of this important support zone this week .

Keep in mind , and this is important , that we are in a Mercury Retrograde period , we will change our minds frequently . This idea is only a concept with little in the way of confirming action or precedence to back it up . This may be enough insight to have you looking for confirmation , keeping a sharp eye out for signs that this may in fact play out . Until then we must assume that the XAu is weak because it is correctly anticipating a US dollar reversal . Until proven otherwise , we must continue to trade the previous forecast which had us exit gold stocks , but at least here is presented plan B , which can quickly be acted upon should the trading activity confirm the dollar breakdown. "

I had been looking for a target move into year end to Xau 105 - 110 which was hit in October /November and a high near Dec 1 but should we break this key Dollar support zone near your 79 Charmin , Xau could see the delayed reaction to golds rise we have been waiting for into January . I rebought on Friday just in case

Also I am now running Visual Trader 3.0 Real time , the new features are over the top cool and again i thank you for the heads up on this product . Hope all is well '

Dany Graham

P.s for some reason this site will substitute the word OVERs0ld with Dover SOle automatically so if you see it in the above text , it is not my words but Stool inserted words. I could not figure out what Dover Sole meant until I got out my Pig Latin dictionary :lol:

Hi everyone,

I'm mostly a lurker learner here.

I remember that I read more than several postings here (around the time when Dr. V was posting) that basically say that miners lead $Gold about one month ahead, and as a student, I made a note of it.

What this means is that when the prices of minors' stocks rise, one can assume that that of $Gold will follw and will up one month later. Similarly, miners' stock prices decrease, the same things will happen to the price of $Gold one month later.

When I read on Feed's post on $Gold, in which he says that $Gold will be more likely to have some top in February, I naturally figure that minors will top in January.

I hope someone will remember the above theory of minors leading one month ahead and kindly explain why nobody has mentioned about this any more in explaining the current miners' lagging behind $Gold. I wonder if something has changed and as a result, the thory has been discarded or other theories have become vogue here :mellow:

By the way, I always follow Doc first and then other thories. :)

Thanks a lot

Sea urchin

agree...the combination will be a big draw..? ESPECIALLY it now makes GG a silver play; I expect them to get heavily involved acquiring silver properties now with their $500Mil cash stash.

I expect this news to get beat back.? I don't see a sustainable significant move for either..? Probably just be another reason for the matrix to pour on the pressure on miners..

Yep. Same as last time. Monday morning gap and crap for WHT. The Wheaties get screwed big time. This company should have been worth so much more. A real crime.

Yup...a real crime.

That offer by IAMGold of .55 shares earlier this years looks pretty attractive now.

Back of the envelope calculation values the deal at US$3.20 for WHT at message #163011

Hope he's wrong.

Divergent Paths

When You Come To The Fork in the Road, Take It

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

WHT spring of the 11/02 low friday

3.05 now becomes defined trading range lows

also creek area going back months to june

take a look at the spring high day of 11/19/03 to 2.99 and high volume then taken on 12/01/03 swing high on 12/02 with very high volume and then an upthrust on 3/21/04 at 3.56 - 23 million shares

so trading range 3.05 to retest of 3.56 upthrust unless trading range low of 3.05 gets broke

Archived