The Roundtable Discussion

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of New Yawk use smattys, it is damned cold here tonight. I got home a little bit earlier from a wake, not exactly a happy experience, and by the time I got here, I thought my male nipples, which were already quite aroused from the 2.6% drop in XLNX today, were going to just plain crack and crumble onto the sidewalk. I do wish the market would do its Roman Candle imitation and get it over with. I would prefer Maria cumming first.

GTN, like Brian said BEARX - now is as good as ever.

If we get a final blow-off top first then perhaps RYVNX but only if you have the stomach.

I still have a few more odd bucks laying around and I am going to salt them away into BEARX and flip the bird to Mr Marke and CRAPVISION!!!

Its over Poovision, pack it up and start looking for a new job!

My nephew is studying business at college. I suggested to

him that in order to understand why the markets are failing

that he look for the answer in his ethics courses. He listens

to my bearish views, but thinks the markets will rally.

Today I found this.

Ethics: - "Bad news can only go so far."

-- USF business school dean Robert Anderson

"Anderson says the day of reckoning is coming, perhaps late this year when corporations finalize their annual figures. The fallout will come in the form of drastically revised and reduced corporate earnings and, consequently, sharp plunges in stock prices.

The financial hurt on the economy and on corporate employees who depend on those pension funds will make the federal bailout of the savings and loan industry in the 1980's look like a school picnic, the USF dean warns. "

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/13/Columns/...t_s_not_t.shtml

. . . I think his time frame may be a little too long.

Why does everyone think the average broker is out to get them. They are not. They are part of the 80-20 rule. In that most people are stoolpid, the 80%. The 20% are the smat guys who tell it like they see it. :wink2: I got to hand it to all of you who are still alive ($ wise) alot of do-it-yourselfers are dead.

Most of the brokers I've had contact with over the years were not crooked, just lazy and unimaginative--they simply follow the party line ("it's time in the market, not market timing" etc.), push the companies products, etc. I gave up looking for the smart and honest 20%. Your clients don't know how lucky they are. :grin:

Archived