Hanky's HUI Hideout

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUi daily sure do look like spike and ledge REVERSAL in the works.

XAU- weekly always been good to buy at this technical set up ( secondary Cardwell RSI buy signal is the first touch back of the slow MA after the MA's cross over(primary buy). Have a nice coil on the XAU daily, an upward break offers nice buy set up and easy stop placement.

post-1638-1103896695.gif

As we enter 2005 it can first be concluded we are in a larger degree corrective phase in HUI/Precious Metals - W:2 (2000-2003 was W:1) . There are two dominant Elliott Wave interpretations on the HUI regarding this W:2. Soon we will have the answer which one will win out:

1. Neowave = running double combination (W-X-Y) where Y likely will be a triangular formation at or above prior highs. We are in the running X wave up now but in its B wave down and I am closely watching it's retracement of W for clues about the validity of this count.

2. Classic EW = ZIG ZAG (A-B-C) B is over and we are now in an impulsive C down and it looks like we are now in wave 2 of C with the strongest move down to occur next or 3 of C. I would expect this to take us close to last years low and if its a clear 5 down this would of course completely NIX the Neely count.

EW sidenote: To label an A-B-C correction a FLAT in Classic EW requires B to completely retrace A. Neely only requires an A retracement greater than .618 by B to classify it as a FLAT rather than ZIG ZAG. Please excuse me, I tend to use the Neowave definition all the time lately.

The reasons Neely anticipates a running correction are two-fold:

1)This correction did not take out the W:1 2-4 trendline in less time than it took wave 5 of W:1 to complete...so far it was touched but not violated and time has run out. This is a strong test of Neowave theory here!!!

2) W:1 ended with an EXTENDED 5th. This implies extreme strength and the subsequent correction reflects that strength in often being a running correction. Also the primary requirement that an extended 5th not be retraced more than .618 has so far held true!!

The second broad conclusion is that this corrective phase needs much more time to complete and much if not all of 2005 will remain in the corrective phase however if Neely is correct we could still pull out some profit as X resumes its uptrend. I will re-enter UNWPX if we get a low-risk reversal pattern set-up AND/OR the FCS signals us to buy. Hopefully this is X of 2 and soon the rally will resume but if its C of 2 we are on the verge of a big plunge. The RISK here is not quite but almost as great as the early 2004 falling knife.

Best wishes to all for a peaceful, healthy and rewarding 2005,

Hank

Here is the classic count (I have posted the Neowave count already)

post-1638-1104701578_thumb.jpg

The RISK here is not quite but almost as great as the early 2004 falling knife.

Today's massive high volume sell off is a last chance to get the H___ out!

NEM poised for another massive hit if that major 4-A TL that held today's plunge gives.

I would not be surprised to see another huge volume down with gap below the TL but we might get a brief pause here, but if this is indeed a wave 3 of C which I think it is then this will just keep going and tomorrow will be even more devastating as the cliff dive takes us quickly to 40.

I have forever pointed out how continuation gaps especially in extended waves often get filled and often are the price floor of the following corrective wave.

NEM has one at 34 (<CG>) that I have pointed out over and over and over as bothersome.

If C=A we end up right on it!

On a more optimistic side hope to H___ if you hold this 40 holds and the volume lets up. We could be getting the final shoulder of an inverse H&S forming but volume should be much lighter than in the first shoulder. Also this would then make a Running combination still in the cards and this is C in an A-B-C of B of X. If 40 goes longs are totally F____d

Funny but NEM I favor the FLAT count and HUI the Running combination count, not good...but will soon know which is correct!

Knife catchers beware!

Hank

post-1638-1104801502_thumb.jpg

Hello 200 HUI. I think we made a bottom today. At least the risk is low buying here. Silver held well today while Gold touched the top of an area I felt comfortable at least scalping a few bucks. Long today's close April Gold. Should be good for at least a trip up to the 427 spot Gold area. I'll hold against a couple old tops in the 418-419 area. Not much risk here. If we break I'll dump and reassess. Long term investors could do a lot worse than nibble here. :D

Caught between FIB support/200 and 200 DMA, absolutely sickly reaction so far,

looking for another drop and I don't like the looks of NEM at all.

FCS obviously still signals CASH and FCS Trend has not yet indicated any inckling of a reversal. Overall, I must remain a bear here on miners...if I was buying it would be only the metal and it looks pretty good in here just over $400 for newbies or additions.

I'm fully committed already in physical.

So basically I agree with you, TFH...just a little more negative on the miners.

post-1638-1105492247_thumb.jpg

Goldfinger:

No evidence of a larger reversal here but certainly could get a back test of the large white trendline problem is this would start looking like a huge complex head and shoulders.

IF support just over 40 goes I think we are in big trouble.

NEM price continues to find S/R on MARS lines.

Gotta still stand aside for now.

HUI FCS shows some signs of the downtrend weakening but remains in CASH.

post-1638-1105803409_thumb.jpg

Archived