"As Good As It Gets" Shopping Melee

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK

FeedFool knows this stock well.

Tullow Oil came back to retest the high volume low on next to no volume.

The selling had dried up and your risk/reward was as good as it gets :)

post-1282-1101517253.jpg

I'm surprised the walmart hostesses didn't offer water or gatoraid throughout the stores.  I'm sure they had paramedics sitting outside the entrances.

XMAS 2005 will not be like 2004. It's better they spend it now, cause there won't be nothing left, next season.

New Englanders will be hurling next month when the fuel bills arrive.

I wonder what will happen if the average foreign investor begins to sell US dollars the way US citizens currently do.  That's really what the WTO announcement today is all about-  a deliberate reduction in the amount of US dollars that US suppliers seek to receive.  What if the US' trading partners decide to trade amongst themselves for currencies with greater "fundamental" value?  I'd prefer to be paid in euros than USD, and I'm sure a You-rope-pean would prefer to receive CAD over USD.

Well,I no longer advertise my unwanted junk on Fleabay USA.Does that help? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I no want yo steenkin' paper!

I saw that yesterday - EP - break the creek at $10 and thought this thing is going to be $30 before you know it....

I went to Walmart and spent $15 on one of those handy USB flash Drives. Guess I can now trash all those 3.5" floppies I got kicking around. Also, went to Toy's R Us and noticed all the deals for boys around $5 were sold out. My son had $4.75 to spend and he got the last flippin car. I loaned him the quarter - just like HD and all other retails would have done.

Overall, It didn't appear to be a gangbusters day.

El Paso

Anybody catch this??

Euro Gold bull market in late 2005-2006?????

Exactly Feed.Until now buying gold as a European makes little sense.

For a Murcan,buying the DAX in 04-2003 with USD would have been profitale to an index investor.But of course,you could have made many times that as a US stockpicker in the same time!

When the competitive devaluation Olympics start in earnest,the Gold:Euro ratio will be the one to watch.

Massive foreign dollar claims have been accumulated that cannot be matched against true economic wealth. I fear a large amount of this risk has been ?hedged? in the derivatives markets, which implies the potential for a catastrophic market dislocation in the event of panic ?portfolio insurance?-type forced selling.

Sounds like Noland is warning of an imminent dollar crash...........

Way too many dollar-denominated financial assets and claims floating around worldwide, "hedged off" via currency derivatives.

Wonder where all that currency risk has been offloaded to?

Whoever has been writing that insurance is no doubt "dynamically hedged" themselves, meaning that they will have to short or sell the dollar to come up with the cash flows necessay to make the payments............

Or, another method will be to buy gold................

As usual, it is when things look the worst when some "seminal event" comes out of nowhere to turn things around.

What could it be this time???

We'll have to wait and see.

No wonder Jim Sinclair said that the currency markets are $1.5 trillion or bigger.

How else could anybody hedge off billions of T-Bones? Billions of Structured Exotica?

Billions of corporates? Billions of junk bonds?

Can anybody count how much of this crap is floating around the planet??

And everybody thinks they have some cool derivative instrument that will "hedge off" dollar risk???

Wow, things could get really wild.

Looks like Leeson is really backed up into a corner, with no choice but to go down the Weimar Road and start printing to be the "purchaser and buyer of last resort"....

The Euro, Gold and the Dollar

One can imagine what a flight from dollars to euros would do to U. S. imports, and stock and bond markets, denominated in dollars and settled in dollars. It would lower the American standard of living, both directly and indirectly. It would be done directly by existing overseas dollars returning home in exchange for goods and services. It would be done indirectly by the U.S. dollar weakening and purchasing less in world markets. As the fiat dollar reserve privilege to print for free a world-wide fiat medium of exchange contracts; the flow of American fiat dollars, (totally without intrinsic value), in exchange for valuable American natural resources, finished goods and labor services; reverses. The United States economy then gets 'nothing for something'. That is the potential economic disaster for America that is beyond the magnitude of ordinary human understanding, waiting to happen.

That relatively sudden and abrupt reversal and unwinding of decades of exploding billions of "First International Transaction Benefits" I call "The International Transaction Return Implosion". It is a debt 'implosion' because the trillions of overseas dollars as debts that exploded all over the world for decades, are now about ready to reverse and burst inward toward the United States for payment in American natural resources and American products.

Excellent point.

The US is getting something for nothing, which could change to nothing for something. For the Euro, it could be reversed. That's a swing that will have double the economic impact on the standard of living that conventional economists might think (like that other guy from Pimco, not Bill Gross, who said a dollar decline would be just fine). I think Euroland has underestimated just how nice it is to get real, depleting resources, in exchange for fiat money.

Tis a limited truth to say th eUS is getting something for nothing--right now yes--but for decades--deride the role as purely self-imposed if you will -- nevertheless as World constable it,like middle aged baronial chiefs,provided succour and protection---

Every barrel of oil we drew from the middle east was siphoned by us at an enormous,but invisible--cost to us:The vast panoplied Military subsidised by our productive base at first and subsequently by fiat crap--

We are now in the twilight of our world hegemony and there is plenty of blame to goa round including the misbetten heir afterbirths known as Jacksonian democrats whose third rate beneficiaries (current democrats) ,mouth impieties at the top of their lungs,Boca grandes pissing on Ancestral graves as if they were the sole possesors of geo-political and cultural truth--

Yes we are led by grade A homogenized assholes but only because we were left stranded without Gold to tame the wild beasst of government

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: I'm so full crushed yams and cranberries i cant edit the above--and Stoolies I met some of the nicest frndliest people at T-Dinner over the past few days and managed to piss allof them off by Paul Revering them about the economy--alll of them derided me and mocked my apocalypticism and suggested i get treatment at a local asylum--I left before they could find the brick hard six day old bread they wanted to throw at me

pps No matter how hard I try to discuss the current enonmy I can get no "Traction" as the jargon would have it--Physicists chemists historians and occupations of all persuasions dont have a clue and can only mock and excrete derisive comments-and this no matter how elevated their current positions--the ignorance is monumental and united with an arrogance that can only be describesd as biblical---all that was lacking were the Robes and underwear of Pre Davidian Palestine--I felt as if I were a living fly caught in a multi-thousand yeaar old nugget of Amber perpetually beating my wings against an indestructible geological prison

Archived