"As Good As It Gets" Shopping Melee

BHP is on a wave 3 rocket ride.

I tried to buy on the open Friday, but missed it.

Story below is not in US$:

Buyback sparks a rush for BHP

BHP's chief financial officer, Chris Lynch, says the buyback will benefit all shareholders. And Ausbil Dexias' Paul Xiradis agrees.

"The buyback price is low, which is quite positive from an earnings per share point of view and the quantum is actually a lot larger than expected." he said.

BHP bought 180.72 million shares, more than 50 per cent more than originally forecast, at $12.57.

The buyback price will consist of a $2.10 capital component. The remainder will be paid as a fully franked dividend.

The Australian Shareholders Association welcomed the result but says it would like to see the balance of the $US2 billion returned to shareholders via a special dividend. BHP shares ended the week at $15.50 and are currently yielding 1.6 per cent.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...255E664,00.html

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When good parents go bad you divorce them.

Its what America did in 1776.

It was called the Declaration of Independence

I am sure the California probably feels like divorcing the rest of America right now.

Well said, Jimbo, well said.

And many countries divorcing Uncle Buck. That'll leave a mark. :ph34r:

Ha ha, the ads at the top of the page are now for Rocky and Bullwinkle products.

Let's see if this can alter the ad mix:

John Wayne, Gary Cooper

:lol: :lol: Oh, Drano you make me laugh, but you've got to admire those Adbots. The other day I mentioned Hawaii, and then the banner ad was for flying off to Hawaii.

So now we will be served Fajitas as we fly to Hawaii watching a John Wayne movie.

:lol: :lol:

Jimi,join Cascadia,babee.

I'm literally too scared to cross the border now,I don't wanna go

to G-Bay.

I love Kali though,especially the North,Hwy #1,SF,the redwoods and Yosemite.

I miss it so much. :(

It's still a beautiful wonderful place. Even as it becomes evermore crowded and its inhabitants become everless civil.

I think The Great Economic Reckoning headed our way will especially hit the nouveau riche homeowners of LA & SF. Some will become Hip Cat's cornered animals, while others will just slink away with their tails between their legs.

I think America is about to get a tough lesson in humility.....

Stories begginning to come in about this weekends retail. Seems all over the map.

One thing to remember is that is is not the sales figures that matter as much as the margins that the retailers get.

"The Washington, D.C.-based National Retail Federation expects that total sales, excluding restaurant and auto sales, will rise 4.5 percent for the November-December period. That would be less than the 5.1 percent gain of a year earlier."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/041128/holiday_shopping_4.html

And it seems that Walmart didn't want to get involved in super discounting-like last year

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/041128/wal_mart_stock_1.html

Evening Guys,

Hope that everyone had a nice weekend with friends and family. I believe that we will get FeedFools correction this week. Will use it to exit my short position in the QQQ's. Just hope that it's a decent one.

I am holding off on buying any gold stocks at this time. Believe that we are long overdue for one of those stomach churning dips to test the faith of the longs. Will be adding CBJ, of course, at that time. Still holding NXG and, regretably, PMU.

Would not be at all surprised to see the energy sector fall out of bed at this point. Every butthole anal cyst on cheat street is overweight these stocks, and continues to pound the table on them. I'm not a technical guy, but those wonderful chart erections can turn into floppy noodles very quickly. Probably right when I buy in:)

Archived