Daily Digger - Fryday November 26, '04

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for anjing bau:

You said you didn't see any reason to pay a premium on CEF and I understand that logic.

But what's your opinion on the premium that's charged on gold coins?

Whenever I buy coins I go for Krugerrands because they carry the least premium.

All I really want is the gold.

Do you see any advantages with buying Maples or Eagles even though they carry a higher premium?

On the positive, Goldfinger uptrend looks very healthy on weekly!

You can see more examples here of how the HI-5 "thrust or B-line" jumps sharply up at the start of just about all sustained uptrends.

Daily looks a bit weak.

A drop back to the MAPL(red line) @45 I would buy, add.

Holding above MAPS(blue line) = very strong uptrend!

But a lot of the juniors don't look quite ready to go gangbusters to me. Kinda fits Neely's EW that this is a running correction up with lighter volume and narrower breadth but he seems to think we will still take out the 2003 highs on HUI.

NEM weekly:

post-1638-1101433678.gif

Question for anjing bau:

You said you didn't see any reason to pay a premium on CEF and I understand that logic.

Do you see any advantages with buying Maples or Eagles even though they carry a higher premium?

...premiums mean nought when selling ....best I've found are canadian minted wafers (serialised). Available at kitco (in montreal or toronto) ....never more than 10 dollars over spot.....cash transaction....no questions asked...... :ph34r:

Question for anjing bau:

...premiums mean nought when selling ....best I've found are canadian minted wafers (serialised). Available at kitco (in montreal or toronto) ....never more than 10 dollars over spot.....cash transaction....no questions asked...... :ph34r:

Thanks Grinch!

I see anjing bau left the building without addressing my question to him. Seems like he really took offense to when I told him a few days ago to be a bit more constructive when commenting on my posts or not bother at all. Looks like he chose the latter. Fair enough.

I know which ones you mean. I own one of them and want to buy the other as it pulls back to da ICE. Glad you liked my 'rant' but I'll try to keep it to a dull roar and infrequent.

Crouching: 2 on your list also some of grinchie's favorites...both with strikingly similar charts and funnies....they also compete in price....I call them my twins....both rock-solid enterprises.....but poor public awareness....only the sharpies trade them....little volitility....I've held them both....and made nothing....would definitely put them in my longs if I could afford it....

Still contemplating your (splendid) rant....I will make it a point to learn more about this blasted ETF and try to make some sense of it....

Charm: ...caveat appreciated (will rotate soon). (nah! I'm too greedy!)

....Today, David Dodge, Canadian central-bank uber-meister, issued the following proclaimation to the good citizenry:

"the american currency is declining"    :blink:

Grinch:  Thank-you all mighty one for your brilliant and timely insight.

Dodge:  That's why I was appointed....

Grinch:  Isn't it wonderful that we are a go-to currency right now?

Dodge:  What nonsense do you speak of stupid grinch?

Grinch:  Well, uh, we sold 98% of our gold reserves, are up to our eyeballs in debt, are irrevocably tied to the machinations of greenie, and will soon be cheering for the Washington Nationals.....uuhmm and while I've got you on the horn....could you maybe check-out how come we sold our gold while Mr. (pass the envelope)Mulroney was sitting on Barrick's (great planetary uber-hedger) board of directors with Mrs. Thatcher (let's have tea and plot gold's destruction).????

:blink:

Dodge:  Off with his head!

Servant: I'm sorry sir but the head is too pointy to handle safely.....

The second most corrupt (Cretien number one) politician sitting on Barrick's board should have been a warning sign to its investors. Dodge is finally noticing that perhaps a strong Loonie is not such a great idea - now after it gained 10 points in 3 months against the Greenback - Canadian manufacturing is about to enter the ice age.

CBJ:

Now here's one that seems to be off to the races.

Wave 3 of 5, with a clearly defined wave 3 extension.

Therefore, wave 5 should equal 1. Wave 1 went from $0.36 to 0.94, a gain of 260%. The rise in 5 could be as parabolic as the launch.

I'm going to study my shorter term charts on the weekend, as it's hard to reconcile this pattern with my index counts.

post-1352-1101447784_thumb.png

post-1352-1101447803_thumb.png

HUI is nosing major Creek right now at 242 and needs to go thru, test it and then continue. Could pull back here.

Well, if the futures hold up tommorrow like they are now I suspect we're gonna have liftoff on the HUI tommorrow. It's time for the pm's to play catch up.

Sinclair said the HUI is in a bullish wedgie, is that what you techies see?

Archived