Daily Digger - Tuesday 11/24/04

Good Morning!

Buck plunged to a new low overnight, as yesterday's late upturn in the 24 hour cycle turned into a swup, then rolled over at about 2:00 AM NY time. 24 hr cycle indicators are still headed down, but the cmap of 82.45 has been hit. The 3 day cycle cmap dropped from the 82.55 posted yesterday to an apparent 82.20 this morning. I will keep you updated on the longer term targets in the Uncle Buck Report in the Anals. Click the link at the bottom of this post to get in right now.

I'll post an update on the bonds as soon as that market opens.

Divergent Paths

HUI and Gold Part Ways

Will They Get It Together?

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinions???? Thought I might like to poke at trading physical (normally not done-in grinch-hole deep storage).

James Turk says its a turkey (seems the vaulting is done through layers of sub-vaulters.) ....however GLD competes with his Gold-Gram thingy.

Me thinks it can't hurt, provided the physical actually leaves the market, I'll buy a bit on a severe correction....(-$60 or so). This thing's for trading...anyone expecting gold in hand is nuts!....a gold stock that can be more easily played (less volitility) but alas, less profit.....( or smaller bumps on my nogin?)

post-1744-1101301463_thumb.gif

....Saville still calling for a big dollar run-up. I've been sending him cryptic e-mails (calling myself Ayn Rand)....telling him its O.K. to be wrong. He never answers.

....the dollar will rally when its way over-done. (we're not there yet.) In the meantime lets rape some gold-stocks!

post-1744-1101302139_thumb.gif

I got an email last night regarding why I had put a line of ice @ 2.70-2.80 on the CBJ chart. I'm responding to it here becuase a picture speaks more than a 1000 words and it's a lot easier explaining it with illustrations.

Basically we have huge trading range between 2.40 and 3.20. If you want to get into details you could draw a line of ice around the 2.70 area. It's proved to be resistance and support on a number of occasions in the past year.

post-1282-1101305457.jpg

Another question was why I don't draw the line of support at 2 but I consider the breakdown in May a shakeout. If CBJ falls below the support of 2.50 I'm out so I don't worry about the 2-mark. On the topside our resistance is 3.20. Once we break out 3.20 will turn into support.

As far as the charts are concerned: I like 'em a lot. I believe you can get a 2-week free trial to try them out for yourself. The support you get is wonderful. Also, plenty of traders here use the software so just ask any questions you may have. http://www.StockSharePublishing.com

post-1282-1101305517.jpg

Since early November Gold has rallied $25 and the XAU has hardly made any progress.

If gold sells off I don't think we'll see the gold equities tank as hard, but who knows right?

A picture speaks more than a 1000 words:

post-1282-1101305990.png

Archived