Daily Digger - Monday November 22, '04

Will here same themes-

1.? Gold will hit 500 and possibly 600 IMO by end of FEB.? Silver even better!

2.? EDV---EDVMF------Is a good value ----still

3.? Want to own Nevada Gold Mines esp those headquarted in C$

? ? 1 Best----MAD still

? ? 2 Nevada Gold----Name and PROVEN management.

? ? 3 GPXM----Smaller

? ? Do not own but check KDX

G/L----Anyone disagree would love to hear why

Loonie going to minimum Parity!

Disc---Own all stocks and loonie.

The whole Cortez hills project in Nevada has become an area play. Some gold fund magaers are of the opinion that it is a good thing to own miners who costs are in USD and whose mines are also within the USA.

I am inclined to agree with that line of thought. I havent heard it yet, but am just waiting to hear the CAD based miners complaining about their currency, the way the SA miners were doing so late last year and early this year. It is going to be a major concern for these guys as the CAD has been so strong.

As such, I am only adding to US based miners at this point. Problem is, there is just so few of them.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February Gold has seen 450 high area 2 times - friday and today

overbought on the monthly 448 area but bullish

weekly XOP is 445 area and hit with .382 fib pullback to 428

Daily not overbought yet - XOP is 458 area with .382 fib pullback to 439 and confluence 430 area

439 right now would be a logical pullback area to "look" for buys

monthly dollar XOP is 82.76

weekly XOP is 81.91 with some looking at the 85 area for bounce

Daily OP is 82 area and Dover Sole area

let's get over 450 and hold before any dollar rebound. Some may be looking to take profit very near on Uncle Buck.

posted some charts from Friday's thread

Will here same themes-

? ? 1 Best----MAD still

? ? 3 GPXM----Smaller

The whole Cortez hills project in Nevada has become an area play. Some gold fund magaers are of the opinion that it is a good thing to own miners who costs are in USD and whose mines are also within the USA.

I am inclined to agree with that line of thought. I havent heard it yet, but am just waiting to hear the CAD based miners complaining about their currency, the way the SA miners were doing so late last year and early this year. It is going to be a major concern for these guys as the CAD has been so strong.

As such, I am only adding to US based miners at this point. Problem is, there is just so few of them.

just look at the chart of Goldcorp..... that is the effect of the rising loonie...just an observation....

woof woof

Will here same themes-

? ? 1 Best----MAD still

? ? 3 GPXM----Smaller

Canadians and the Canadian Government are currently in denial. 1 year ago everyone was pessimistic on the Loonie and could name 200 reasons why. Now I hear how great the Canadian economy is and how the dollar was way undervalued, blah blah blah. Canadians exporters became lazy during the US dollar bull and now we are told they will somehow adapt with no damage to the economy. Well I call bullshit on that. Lumber prices are DOWN in canadian dollars and will continue to fall as the shine comes off the US housing market.

Indeed just watch a company that trades on the TSX and the New York. Kinross has many times been up in New York and down in Canada. Simply because the US dollar was down MORE than Kinross went up. Half of Kinross production is IN Canada, which is MAJOR concern for me.

Loonie to the moony,it's the Stong Loonie Policy kicking in. :D

Strong dolla never hurt Merkins,if they were riding in the right vehicle,that is.

Strong dolla years were the salad days for many.

Same with Canada,export industries can adapt or die,it's called freedom. :)

I don't disagree that they SHOULD adapt or die. I simply object to the rosy future painted for Canada by our government. The implication is that a strong loonie is completely benign. Unlike the US, Canada lives or dies on exports. Canada has always had a trade surplus - we cannot survive without it. The speed of the revaluation is the problem. The equation has gone from 1.60 Canadian dollars per US dollar to 1.185 today - in the space of 2 years. Way too fast for any nation to cope. There also is some unrealistic idea that we can do well as a nation while the US sinks into oblivion. If the US sank the world in 1929, when globilization was much more limited, you can imagine the effects today. Canadian lumber and mining industries could barely keep themselves together in the 90s when we had the best currency advantage ever - how will they even survive this revaluation?

Back to mining, there is no doubt the Loonie is going to kill Canadian operations. Better off sitting in cash for us Canadians.

You are right the US dollar is barely noticed by Americans. What do Americans care? It amazes me that foreign investors continue to hold American equites. Because for them it is a REAL 35% currency loss. One could argue a falling US dollar will create inflation as import goods become more expensive. But it doesn't seem to yet be happening. Could that change if China unpegs?

Loonie to the moony,it's the Stong Loonie Policy kicking in. :D

Strong dolla never hurt Merkins,if they were riding in the right vehicle,that is.

Strong dolla years were the salad days for many.

Same with Canada,export industries can adapt or die,it's called freedom. :)

Do you think Dodge is doing the right thing then by raising Canadian interest rates?

Archived