Daily Digger - Fryday Nov. 12, '04

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TOKYO (AFX) - Bank of Japan (BoJ) Governor Toshihiko Fukui said it would have a stablizing effect on the global financial system if a clear rival to the US dollar as a key global currency were to emerge

"In the past five years (since its launch in 1999), the importance of the euro has increased considerably," Fukui told the seminar, which featured such other speakers as European Central Bank vice-president Lucas Papademos, and Toyoo Gyohten, the highly respected former Japanese vice-minister for international affairs. Fukui said more than 50 countries link their currencies to the euro, while the proportion of foreign exchange reserves held in euros has risen to 20 pct, and nearly a third of the cross-border-issued bonds are now denominated in euros. Fukui seemed to welcome the growing prominence of the euro by referring to the dangers associated with allowing any single currency to dominate global commerce

"In such a situation, the economy of the key currency is easily tempted to focus its economic policy on domestic considerations," an apparent thinly veiled rebuke to the economic policies followed by the US adminstration of President George W Bush

Bank of Japan governor says world needs rival to US dollar as global currency

I now believe the gold cartel has failed and that I was wrong on this account in thinking that they might have one more fight left in them. I have loaded the boat in gold mutal funds, the best way to trade this rally -

USAGX, GOLDX, RYPMX, and OPGSX, which has a load fee.

I now believe the gold cartel has failed and that I was wrong on this account in thinking that they might have one more fight left in them. I have loaded the boat in mutal fund, the best way to trade this rally -

USAGX, GOLDX, RYPMX, OPGSX, which has a load fee.

Welcome aboard. I hope your move is correct. :)

The Euro is very very close to breaking out....

Question is - do we see it today or next week?

I think we hit 135 on the Euro by year end.

Interesting comments out of Japan - very telling. Finally they may be ready to just step out of the way and let the buck dump.

I guess the Euro could sort of replace the $, but long term I'm betting on the Yuan.

I now believe the gold cartel has failed and that I was wrong on this account in thinking that they might have one more fight left in them. I have loaded the boat in gold mutal funds, the best way to trade this rally -

USAGX, GOLDX, RYPMX, and OPGSX, which has a load fee.

Sell Mortimer Sell. :D :D

lol. TFH :P

Using GF as a contrary indicator?

Last my frail memory had for a daily OP on POG was 439.6. BINGO! XOP is 448-450

This is the month my friends that we were looking to change the Dinapoli monthly trend back to bullish since April

weekly Dinapoli XOP was for 445-450

so if we hit 445-450 we will be in the target zone for daily and weekly targets and monthly OP

HL red ?? Whats that about ??

Ya know Hadj - I swapped out my HL for NG last week. I don't know where it's going, but I thought their earnings report was pretty smelly. Not trying to scare you, just letting you know what I did.

Charm-I think 445-450 is very doable next week, don't you? If that guy at the merc exchange wasn't B.S. ing, there's no telling what the specs will do to the POG.

Archived