Daily Digger - Fryday Nov. 12, '04

The days and weeks after my hero was diagnosed with cancer, he couldn't bring himself to admitting he wasn't going to recover. From the time he was diagnosed to the time of his death was 74 days. He initially told me he had 1-4 years to live. At his last doctors visit he understood they were not going to do anything to treat his cancer and his life expectancy of 1-5 months was not known to him. It took only 15 days after that visit for the cancer to finally accomplish it's task of ravaging his body.

Just about every one of us believes we have 1-4 years to live. The country now believes we have 4 more years to live. Every Friday just about everyone gets a visit from Uncle Buck. As patients we have a few party hours when our uncle pays a visit to take us out to eat, but when he returns us to the facility we spend the week dealing with the lousy food, cramped conditions and constant noise of others getting monitored and pricked with needles and pills dispensed. It's the best that can be had for critical care. Some sleep better but others need pain killers and sleeping pills to get through the night. It's basically all about getting a good nights rest when you've got cancer and in a nursing home.

This all sounds morbid, but if one is sitting in a nursing home with terminal cancer and can get all the pain killers and sleeping aides they need, and during the day they wake up and believe they are getting better, then their stubborn mind is playing tricks on them. It would not be good for the patient if he knew he only had a few months to live. No one is lying to the patient, it's just not a good policy to get them upset at this stage.

Remember, we may have those few hours away from the facility with Uncle Buck, but we still need nursing care no matter where we are.....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Maxxi I have been thinking about the CEF thing and can't find an answer. The metal is safe and secure correct?

Maybe that Gold ETF comes out and carries no premium??

CEF has 50% silver which appeals to me as silver tends to run more percentage wise.

For the purely technically rooted all factors are already priced into the charts. This includes inflation share dilution whatever.

I think it was Modigliani that said that shareholders do not care wether gains are kept and made the shareprice go up or whether gains were paid out as a dividend

That is a nice theory but I prefer half of both

The same with the efficient market theory saying everything is in the price

but it has been proven that is only correct if there is no dead bodies in the closets and no other inside information

But it is a lot more difficult to hide a down or up trend then the real value

Archived