B4 The Bell Thursday November 4

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This one has worked out quite well for the buy and hold.

PCRDX

YTD 21.77%

1-Yr 32.53%

Commodities are one answer to the dollar and any effort to put the American economy on steroids.

Jim Rogers has a new book scheduled for release on Dec. 29, 2004.

It's titled Hot Commodities.

I don't know whether that's good news for us or not ... less company is better.

I am quite confident there will be plenty of economic and financial issues for us to discuss without having to delve into endless conspiracies of politcal natures.  That is not to say we shouldn't be paying attention and doing whatever we can to right the wrongs, but I think it would do us all some good if we avoid politics for a while.

Well said.

There will be lots of economic problems soon enough.

We see today weak chain store sales again. The credit bubble needs to constantly expand in order to generate enough new credit to create additions to the money supply. But the most important source of new credit, housing, has leveled off. So we have a domestic money supply only creeping along, which is not enough to generate economic growth.

Meanwhile outside the US, we are flooding the world with $700 billion of new trade dollars per year, creating so many hot potatos that the $ no longer has time to come up for air before being pushed down again.

Down with the dollar.

I am quite confident there will be plenty of economic and financial issues for us to discuss without having to delve into endless conspiracies of politcal natures.? That is not to say we shouldn't be paying attention and doing whatever we can to right the wrongs, but I think it would do us all some good if we avoid politics for a while.

Down with the dollar.

Dec. silBAHHHH -- $7.335 +0.177

We have runaway ... ROCK 'N ROLL !!!!!

Uh -- one more time, folks --

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Illinois are in the midwest. They all went for Kerry.

Incredibly, some who live in these states do not live in small towns, or on farms. Many of those who do live on farms or in small towns are educated and/or smart. Liberals: George McGovern and Hubert Humphrey were from the midwest, and enjoyed great support from their rural constituencies.

Can we please start trying to see people as people and stop stereotyping?

By the way, I am not a native midwesterner, and I have found people here to be at least as smart and self-aware as those on the coasts.

As far as giving politics a rest - I vote for that too.

Jim Rogers has a new book scheduled for release on Dec. 29, 2004.

It's titled Hot Commodities.

I don't know whether that's good news for us or not ... less company is better.

I am somewhat concerned also particularly with China's efforts (however meager to date) to slow their growth rate.

That being said, I still find few investors believing in the story. The PIMCO fund, including the "A" shares, is less than $2 billion. Chump change in fund-land.

The problem with a bull market is its tendency to force you out, usually with some volatility that has you questioning your theory.

Good morning everyone.

Help please. I need your opinionated. LOL

I am back online after having had an executable program called iexplore, which I picked up at Weather.com, invade my machine, and then prevented it from connecting to the internet.

I recently installed proxomitron which blocks ads before they get into my computer, and it works great, but I then thought I could uninstall my Spybot Search And Destroy program. Wrong! That little mis-calculation cost me over a hundred bucks.

Microsoft wants me to install the latest upgrades. Should I? I'm a little concerned about Big Brother, and I've also read that others have upgraded which then caused problems. For the rest of today I'm going to ignore Weather.com, and try to find another weather site if there is a suitable one. Anybody have one they recommend? Or should I just upgrade, and then use Weather.com?

Thanks for any help or opinions you can give me.

B.S.

I am somewhat concerned also particularly with China's efforts (however meager to date) to slow their growth rate.

That being said, I still find few investors believing in the story. The PIMCO fund, including the "A" shares, is less than $2 billion. Chump change in fund-land.

The problem with a bull market is its tendency to force you out, usually with some volatility that has you questioning your theory.

Commodities remain the ONLY asset still selling at 1980 prices.

Everything else (stocks, houses, etc.) has gone up by multiples of 5 or 10.

As long as the dollah stays sick, it can't be bad to stay long in cheap 'anti-dollah' assets ...

p.s. Dec. gold -- $432.00 +6.60

Something's goin' on here

But you don't know what it is

DO YOU

MISTAH SNOW ...

(apologies to Bob Dylan) ;)

Archived