Guest yobob1

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Within my centered self.....i believe that everything that happens from

A to Z.........is God's will....

and..........even though i know.....having bad vibes feelings poison my

own self.........i can't tell you the level of visceral HATE i feel towards

this present power structure.............

These are MURDERERS

THUGS

WAR CRIMINALS

TRAITORS TO CONSTITUTION

CRIMINALLY INSANE

Within my centered self.....i believe that everything that happens from

own self.........i can't tell you the level of visceral HATE i feel towards

These are MURDERERS

THUGS

WAR CRIMINALS

TRAITORS TO CONSTITUTION

CRIMINALLY INSANE

Thereby proving my point about Divide & Conquer.

You can easily find others who will hate you just as viscerally for your beliefs.

How in the world the United States of America could become a known sponsor of torture and not have its citizens protesting in the streets is beyond me.

(Bush, the father) was jealous of them staying in power for tens of years, embezzling the public money without any accountability. And he moved the tyranny and suppression of freedom to his own country, and they called it the Patriot Act, under the disguise of fighting terrorism. And Bush, the father, found it good to install his children as governors and leaders.

from CNN transcript

See Drano...

I told you not to go away for the weekend!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I too am glad you brought yer marbles back to the game Drano. :D

And thinking of our Minn. stoolie-friends Drano and Butter....

...the Kettle River,where we spent 5 wonderful years; about 100 miles north of Twin Cities. Talkin' with you two has brought back a flood of fond memories here today...

Robin standing on our own 40ac with the Kettle running through it...taking a break from catchin' smallies. Kettle is a small upland wild-n-scenic river with GREAT fishing...smallmouth bass, walleye, sauger, northern, even some trout, and a few giant sturgeon up from the mighty St. Croix....

Not attacking anyone here, just want to throw out some ideas:

As far as that China/Taiwan parallel to U.S. Civil War:

I'm not sure that's an apt parallel -- weren't the Maoists the revolutionaries? do you really think the Taiwanese are equivalent to the Confederates, and the Mainland Chinese are equivalent to the Northerners? Wouldn't it be more like:

What if the North lost the war, and fled to Catalina? Shouldn't they and the freed slaves be turned over to the Confederates who won? (and would execute the rebellious "escaped slaves")

or, What if George Washington and Thomas Jefferson escaped to Catalina (or Jekyll Island, if you prefer :lol: ) and set up their own country -- 50 years later, should the British be able to annex it and execute ancient George and Tom? not meaning to insult their memory by implying that Chiang Kai-Shek was a great person, as they were. (Please don't think I admire Chiang)

or, wouldn't it be more accurate just to say that both sides had plenty wrong with the way they governed, but that after 50 years, Taiwan is a fait accompli? They've evolved their own system, and some dissent is allowed -- certainly more than the Tianamen Square dissenters had. (But not enough by North American standards.)

Personally, I'm a believer in government with the consent of the governed -- and the Taiwanese are not consenting.

Neither are the Kurds. I'd like to see a little intellectual consistency here -- if you're for the right of self-determination, and you say that maybe Western-style democracy isn't for everyone, then how can you turn around and say that a large population that has been living as an independent country for 50 years (with at least lip service to democracy) should now be sold out to be governed by a country for which they have nothing but enmity? and who will give them NO democracy?

(and I am definitely a believer in freedom and democracy, not monarchy, oligarchy, or tribal governance. and I think it is terribly arrogant and inhumane to say that we should just sit by and acquiesce when countries abuse their populace -- as the Afghanis did to their women, and as is happening throughout a large part of the world right now. And about the genocide in the Sudan -- don't get me started.)

A year ago, it made sense for the ECB and the Japanese CB to support the dollar. Now that the price of oil is only going up, and exports to the USA are going down anyway, it makes no sense whatsoever.

For months, the euro has been bouncing between $1.20 and $1.24, like a pegged currency. Now, the euro has broken out. The long-term trend is still a weakening of the dollar. If the euro was to retrace more, it should have done so in the last 10 months.

More than 200 years ago, the American colonies, a part of the British empire, rebelled against the King and declared independence. France provided arms, ships, money, and men to these rebels. Without the French help, the USA may never have been.

and that too has come full circle... we "the sheep" hate France, and our closest friend is the same country that we rebelled against.

It is an interesting point of discussion that all of the polls that are taken in the US are among a population tied to land line telephones. Consider the student population and how many of them use only cell phones for communication. MTV's Rock The Vote and other efforts to energize young voters may just make all the difference at the polls:

October 30, 2004

Young voters lean toward Democrats

If student voters do turn out in significant numbers this year, it seems likely that John Kerry and the Democrats will be the main beneficiaries.

Republicans have made significant inroads on many college campuses in recent years, but polls still point to a strong Democratic trend among young voters. A poll of 1,202 students by Harvard University's Institute on Politics shows students voting 52 percent for Kerry and 39 percent for President Bush.

http://www.registerguard.com/news/2004/10/...eside.1030.html

While my opinion in these matters is not much regarded in these parts I offer it anyway.

Let us not be concerned with the internal politics of a country that has been around for oh 5 or 10 thousand years or so and has managed to reincarnate itself many times during the period. I'm speaking of China, of course. Taiwan belongs to China - it always has and it always will. I for one do not wish to spill one drop of my children's blood nor spend one penny of my treasure in debate over the issue. The only reason we kept up the charade of an independent Taiwan was to continually goad the Chinese during the cold war. Now that they are our number one trading partners there is no longer any need for Taiwan as far as we are concerned. Do I give a crap about the Taiwanese? You better believe I do not.

We Americans are so arrogant that we believe that we have invented everything including the best gol-danged method of gobernment and the best god and the best of everything else including pie. And we believe that the rest of the world should oughta cow-tow to us because we are a nuklear-armed super-power.

My friends - he whom the Gods would destroy they first make proud. Or, pride goeth before the fall, or Hubris kills. Take your pick. We are an immature nation populated by a bunch of children. Hell we were founded by immature children, who, because they couldn't have their own way, picked up their ball and split. Then we made up a history that made everyone sound like heroes. Right. Well Europe has its fairy tales why shouldn't we have ours?

So let us not concern ourselves with China - they seem to get along quite well with or without us.

"It's a new species of human who actually lived alongside us, yet were half our size," Morwood said. "They were using fire to cook in hearths. They were making sophisticated stone tools associated with the hunting of big game. So despite their very small brains, this hominid population was doing sophisticated things."

The miniature humans, called Homo floresiensis, existed alongside our own species, Homo sapiens, for tens of thousands of years and might have died out only 500 years ago.

The find was hailed as one of the most important human origin discoveries of the last 100 years.

Evolution ran a different course on Flores. Besides the tiny people, elephants the size of ponies and rats as big as dogs roamed the island and were probably hunted by Homo floresiensis.

The primitive humans may themselves have been hunted by giant lizards -- even bigger versions of the huge Komodo dragons that still roam the island and which have been known to eat humans.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Hobbit-...tory-37736.html

Drano and Dozer - I defer to the greater wisdom of Lake Wobegon natives. On the other hand, If you want to discuss the accidental death of Paul Wellstone, it will have to be by email. Violation of Rule # 11.

Drano - look at US foreign policy since WWII. Consistency is not a word that would come to mind. Chile, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, Iran, Iraq, The Phillipines, VietNam, Laos, Cambodia, China. Elected leaders iced and petty dictators installed. Chile waited for a US apology for 40 years. Powell, in an interview on BET two years ago was asked about Allende. He responded that there were things we had done in the past of which we were not proud. The following day, the cover of the Santiago newspaper read, in bold print "US not proud". as close to an apology as they will ever hear.

For the United States, the well being of the United Fruit Company has always trumped democracy. It always will

Within  my centered self.....i believe that everything that happens from

own self.........i  can't tell you the level of visceral HATE i feel towards

These are MURDERERS

THUGS

WAR CRIMINALS

TRAITORS TO CONSTITUTION

CRIMINALLY INSANE

Thereby proving my point about Divide & Conquer.

You can easily find others who will hate you just as viscerally for your beliefs.

How in the world the United States of America could become a known sponsor of torture and not have its citizens protesting in the streets is beyond me.

Well put :cry:

Archived