Pre-Erection Weakend

Guest yobob1

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a diversion from all the hilarity w/ elections, geopolitical cannons loose below decks-

Hermit Came to Introduce Physics Theories By Adam Rankin / AbqJournal (link to teaser has link to story text)

Roy Michael Moore, a 56-year-old who grew up in Amarillo, said he came to Los Alamos about four years ago for a "very distinct reason": to get the attention of scientists working on the most complex cosmological problems of the universe and introduce them to his unifying theory.

This soul sold all his possessions, found a cave directly below the mesa LA sits on, & set up housekeeping 4 years ago. Says he uses home grown weed to aid his contemplation of space, time, & life elsewhere in the universe? Apart from implications re: lab security, the story caught my eye as I felt a certain envy for the path he?s on. If half the political/ economic stuff bandied about on this site comes to pass, I will surely be crushed/ decimated? unlike this guy, I may have neighbors?

Butterfield-

? At one time I had hundreds of articles on the 2002 election on file. Mozilla crashed and wiped it all out, so I cannot share them .

Check out Furl ?? archive any page, allowing you to recall, share, and discover useful information on the Web. Browse your personal archive of Web pages, and subscribe to other archives via RSS.? Have been using it for about 6 months; mostly I use it to keep my hard drive from getting bogged down- but it make a good off-site backup for saved web pages, and a way to share your research/ interests w/ others. reviewed here

A similar services- http://del.icio.us/doc/about ; there are a couple others.

Boy, when I read all the posts here I get the one sure-fire money-making idea for the future:

franchise "Dr. Kevorkian's Clinics" nationwide. "Are things difficult? Future seem hopeless? Relieve your pain quickly and permanently."

:lol:  :cry:

I know you're joking, Drano.

But it doesn't have to be that bad.

I don't know if you were around in the sixties. I just caught the tail end of it after the military but what I saw was that people could live together in peace and harmony.

They would rent big houses and just live together. All the food was shared and strangers were always welcome.

Some worked, some didn't. Some had money from home but everything was shared. There was no mine and yours.

I remember showing up at a park in Santa Cruz, Calif., with no money. A bunch of people set up a huge free feast with music and all and I found out about a place to find work. It was run free of charge to worker and employer by volunteers.

This fizzled in the mid seventies and drugs took their toll, but it was an experience many will not forget.

It is all in the attitude we have. Once a few start seeing that our only salvation is to love and help one another, it will get contagious.

Besides,

"All your private property,

Is target for your enemy,

And your enemy...

Is me."

-Jefferson Airplane

Holy Moley Batman- Drudge is running an article in which Walter Cronkite tells Larry King that "Karl Rove set up the Bin Laden Tape." Story is over at Drudge and he reports it is still developing. ;)

It was probably apparent to Cronkite GWB had advance notice on the tape before it was released, and may have wondered why.

There is part of the tape that was not shown in the US. From the Financial Times:

He transferred tyranny and oppression to his son and they named it ?homeland security law? under the pretext of fighting terrorism. Bush, the father, did well by installing his sons as governors of states, and he did not forget to transfer the expertise of forgery to Florida to benefit them in critical times.?

?We did not find it difficult to deal with Bush [junior] and his administration because it is similar to regimes in our countries in that half of them are ruled by the military and the other half are ruled by the sons of kings and presidents. We have long experience with them.?

Israel and Kurdistan is an explosive mix.An independent Kurdistan would have it's own oil,and would be willing to sell it to their new friends in Tel Aviv,for services and favors rendered.One would have to presume this,anyway.

This will anger all countries with a Kurdish component to them,there are a lot of them.Look at the map.

This is not a good situation,the regime destabilization aspect of the securing the realm sales promo is a ripe field for growing blowback for both Kurds and Israelis.

But,as it is in the US,the folks on the ground are of little concern to the chess players.

""franchise "Dr. Kevorkian's Clinics" nationwide. "Are things difficult? Future seem hopeless? Relieve your pain quickly and permanently."""

tee hee....Drano, you're on a roll today...

pistol: yup, that's the article yobob and I referred to. Tanks Pegasus.

Brian: I greatly respect your views, and personal experience. Although my wife's been over to asia several times, I have not; and I defer to your been-there experience.

Nevertheless, your description of the senatorial thuggery and the 2% rich and rest poor, does not move me to condemn them as undemocratic; as it sounds very similar to the modern-day US !

Our own "democracy" is a joke....200 million reactors, propaganda regurgitators....non-thinkers....herded by media indoctrination into 2 camps mutually destroying their society. So how can I complain about Taiwan's rough edges?

Takachi, I appreciated your thoughts too. However, I reach a different conclusion, from the same observations. Even if Taiwan's original independence was maintained by gunboat-diplomacy for 50 years, it HAS been 50 years now. And at no time, in the past 30 yrs that I've been paying attention to such things, have I once heard that the people of Taiwan wanted the protection to go away.

But perhaps I'm ignorant on the subject, so I'll ask: Does anyone here believe that independence is NOT the PREFERENCE of the taiwanese? If it's not, then of course they should be allowed to fold into the mega-state...

I thought Drano hit a nerve solidly, with:

"" Couldn't agree more. Who's next, Singapore? After all, they're ethnically Chinese too, and on an island. ""

And again, there are countless other examples. What about Quebec? Does a group of people have the inherent right to decide their own destiny, or don't they? What about the former Soviet provinces? We -applaud- the breakup and new-found independence -there-. In what way is Taiwan different? I just don't see it.

ps; Takachi, that analogy to the Confederates might not be as one-sided as you intended :lol: There are many who feel, and much historical evidence, that that bloody civil war was more about trade-tariff income than it was about "endling slavery"; the 1800's equivalent of the gov/media complex's "ending terrorism" etc ad nauseum.

Butter, I believe that Drano hit the nail on the head with his thoughts on Minnesota. I lived there for many years; both in the Twin Cities and north in the woods. Among self-styled urban "liberals", there is a shocking ignorance, or denial, of how their endless chain of laws, programs, more bloated govs, etc., have decimated rural communties over the past 30 years.

Minnesota dem party, like others, demands that we choose "more of the same" of what's already bled us dry. It is no surprise that the vast majority of rural people have voted repub. They are mistaken, of course, to think that that will slow down growth of gov; but they're simply voting -against- more of the same.

As Drano pointed out, the Minn. dems nominate the worst of all possible candidates; the tired old hacks who represent the worst of all that's already been enacted and touted as "improvement".

I vividly recall sitting up the night Ventura was first elected; and snarling at the offensively SMUG smirk on Humphrey's face early in the evening. He was so SURE of keeping control of the population.

And I even more vividly recall, with pure joy, the SHOCK and literally gray skin, on his face when Ventura WON !!

Somone came on stage and whispered in his ear, and I kid you not, you could literally see "the color drain from his face", just like that cliche goes. He just stood there...literally swaying back and forth, as if his mind just couldn't encompass such a thing. :lol:

It was one of the brightest moments I've ever had politically. His wife had to physically help him off stage. Great great visual sequence if you ever have a chance to review it.

The point being that the party-machine was so freaking cocky and smug that they were in control and it was all business-as-usual; no matter what WE wanted. But the PEOPLE chose otherwise. Perhaps the -failure- of the dems to address the fact that 30 yrs of their programs had been so destructive of our society, is the cause of the upset election; rather than any shenanigans by the repubs.

ps; I too met Coleman socially many years ago....mid-late 1980's maybe?....but had an opposite reaction to Drano's. He struck me as a 5-dollar whore with an alcohol problem. Seemed depraved and dissipated to me.

It was at a party at a socialite's house, so I only observed him for an hour or so; but that's the impression I've always carried of him.

hmmm...Robin just told me she thinks he was going through a divorce at the time...so perhaps that played a part. If I'd just had a bad divorce, I might choose to be drunk and depraved for a while too! :lol:

Ha ha, Dozer, when I met Coleman (actually it was the second time, but it's the party to which I referred) it was within a couple of months of his losing the governorship -- to Jesse Ventura. He was obviously still in pain about it and was most human -- and humble. Things are of course much different for him now.

This story is similar to what yobob1 said at the opening. It is also subject matter with which I am very familiar, the book mentioned being part of my college studies 30 years ago:

Update on an old warning: Beware the coming shortages

By David R. Francis

Dennis Meadows warned 32 years ago that the world would run short of resources within a century, putting the planet at risk of expanding hunger as well as economic and social disaster.

Today, that danger is more imminent, says Mr. Meadows, one of the authors of "The Limits to Growth," a book published in 1972 and now just updated.

Within 30 years, world living standards could start falling, Meadows predicts. "We are living on borrowed time." The rising expense of protecting the rising population from starvation, pollution, soil erosion, and shortages of nonrenewable resources will cut into the capital available for boosting industrial output, Meadows says.

? World food production per capita peaked about 1990. Total food production will stop growing about 2020, predicts Meadows. A global assessment of soil loss, based on studies of hundreds of experts, has found that 38 percent, or nearly 1.4 billion acres, of currently used agricultural land has been degraded. Key aquifers in the US, China, and India are drying up. This will hit farm output.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1028/p16s01-cogn.html

Israel and Kurdistan is an explosive mix.An independent Kurdistan would have it's own oil,and would be willing to sell it to their new friends in Tel Aviv,for services and favors rendered.One would have to presume this,anyway.

Saladin was also a Kurd.

Bush is going to lose.......it's written on his face.

This Plame Grand Jury indictments......is one serious matter. We are

talking TREASON here///// with whoever outed her.

They are desparate to retain POWER , so as to deal with this, from

highest hill.

Might be Carl Rove is material in this high crime. .......and neo-con...others.

These indictments are coming. the prosecutor that they picked.......was

a huge wingohockingmoyamensing up on their part. this guy is ne shill and it's known.....asses

are going to fry.

In fact if Justice is not .......just.......i would venture that certain elements of the offended.....have bullets that they have given.........pet names.

Don't underestimate how serious this issue is, even though not a lot

about it out yet........................................................

Dozer:

Point well taken about the fact that the nation was split at election time four years ago...leaving aside the fact that Gore won...the nation was obviously divided and remains so.

It just feels a hell of a lot more visceral to me now - well beyond anything this country has seen in my memory. Notice how a polarizing issue like abortion for example is not even on the radar screen. Remember how much focus it received in the past? They've raised the bar to a whole new level with terror and war.

I find Bush's ads featuring grieving widows of fallen soldiers highly offensive. We are in a war of HIS choosing in a land NOT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY to the events of 9/11...and good people are dying every day...and more than 2/3 of the people who will vote for Bush think the war in Iraq is all about 9/11.

It's the blatant disregard for the truth and the blatant attempts to disinform and bamboozle the American People that has me pissed off at this administration. I could give a rat's ass about Kerry, but the truth matters to me a lot - and Bush has been lying his ass off...and we're in the midst of World War III as a direct result of it...though it has yet to be declared.

What's wrong with this picture?

Bush can't admit that he made any mistakes or second guess anything because then all of the people that he's brainwashed into believing that Iraq was behind 9/11 might have to actually wake up and re-evaluate their fervent support of him.

Getting behind the President in a time of War is of course the right and Patriotic thing to do. But if Bush had attacked Argentina in response to 9/11, it would be no less ridiculous. At some point, following a blind man off a cliff becomes a bad idea.

I am still synthisizing within myself the raw bull-dicking con job, that I

witnessed on Financial TV.....on Internet...papers etc................that

fantastic leg up is forgone conclusion..............bullshyt.................

I pray I can catch this at opportune timing when MANIPULATION is satiated.

IMO............it's going to be a hard..hard........sell-off..........soon.

Archived