B4 The Bell Humpday October 27

The Drudge link is actually from the Washington times.... its tough to make the link work but I finally did....

Here it is below.....it is worth reading!

Russia tied to Iraq's missing arms

By Bill Gertz

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned.

LINK

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like the Pied Piper....led rats through the streets...

We danced like the marionettes....swaying to the symphony...

of destruction.

:lol:

Megadeth...Symphony of Destruction.....playing on our box at the moment. That line caught my ear...in regards to all that's going on...

I will say again that if they steal the election this time- whether it is by programming the machines, threatening Democratic voters, declaring all Democrats as ex-felons, paying off judges or burning piles of registrations - however - there will be civil war in America.

Butterfield who is going to fight? this ain't Kent State anymore. This generation is clueless I'm afraid.

DRUDGE NEWS Russia tied to iraqs missing arms :o

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20...01153-4822r.htm

Bearman, Couldn?t get that link to work but a similar story is here:

Russians ?may have taken Iraq explosives?

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/a4bc50c6-2870-11d...000e2511c8.html

However, the NYTimes reports:

4 Iraqis Tell of Looting at Munitions Site in '03

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/28/internat...ogin&oref=login

There are so many different versions of this story that investigative reporter, Josh Marshall has been pulling it all together on his blog since the story first broke:

a good read...

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

WashTimes and Drudge definitely require validation from other places. IMHO

The problem today is that these guys are not fooling us with high sophisticated idiology and deep reasoning. The candidates and especialy the people behind them appear to be shallow self-serving punks that I would throw out of my house if they were trying to sell me carpets or siding.... What a mess we are in....

I will say again that if they steal the election (edited) there will be civil war in America.

I dunno Butter....I don't think so.

Think "sheeple". The same characteristics which creates lumpeninvestors works in the political arena as well. Docile, confused, obese, useless.

Check that Megadeth lyric again: "Pied piper...like rats in the street".

I got interested and rewound and listened to the whole thing again;

amazing how the first-verse also fits today so well...and the last verse too !

You take a mortal man,

And put him in control

Watch him become a god,

Watch peoples heads a?roll

A?roll...

/chorus/

Just like the pied piper

Led rats through the streets

We dance like marionettes,

Swaying to the symphony...

Of destruction

Acting like a robot,

Its metal brain corrodes.

You try to take it?s pulse,

Before the head explodes.

Explodes...

/chorus/

The earth starts to rumble

World powers fall

A?warring for the heavens,

A peaceful man stands tall

Tall...

/chorus/

by the way, "dozens of trucks" ?? No, more like six. Maybe eight.

Around here, we commonly haul 120,000 lbs on deck...60 tons. Six of those gets you 360 tons moving. Heck, maybe they barged it out on the river! Don't know Iraq's rivers, but if they're navigable, one can move a LOT of weight on very few barges.

I don't buy it either. We had Iraq covered with massive sattelite surveillance before

and after the war started. Remember all those little trucks alleged to be mobile

laboratories? Seriously, if we were just weeks away from invading would not the

surveillance have been even more intensive? What about the UAV's that we used

to watch Iraq for years?

I further remember a story about the Russian Ambassador and his entourage leaving

Baghdad and getting their cars shot up by our military. Never heard much more

about that one.

All secrecy and lies. When will it ever end?

Finally an article about this.....for those of you who are still here...

Oil Price History Points to Recession Ahead

By Raj Rajendran

LONDON (Reuters) - A recession could be staring the world's major economies in the face by next summer if history repeats itself and a 30-year rule holds true that output slumps after oil prices spike.

Optimists say that the old relationship is dead, that companies are more competitive, energy efficiency is ingrained into corporate culture and today's high oil prices are driven by huge demand.

LINK

EDS to lay off 17.4% of their domestic workforce. From AP:

Electronic Data Systems said Tuesday it would offer early retirement incentives to 9,200 U.S. workers, or 17.4 percent of its domestic work force, and expects to take a $150 million charge in the fourth quarter to cover the costs.

EDS calculated the charge by assuming that half the eligible workers will accept the retirement offer.

The company said it expected that client business would require filling fewer than half the openings created by retirements. If that is so, the company said, it could save about $150 million next year and about $250 million a year starting in 2006.

To qualify the worker must be 50 or older. Culling out the older ranks.. all except top management which should be the first to go. This company has one of the most corrupt management teams ever.

Archived