B4 The Bell Humpday October 27

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Larry T is 990n. He called for a move to 1125 today (last night) Or maybe it is Jim curry who said we should be at 1130 by the end of Oct (last Sunday) Or maybe it was Glenn Neely who said on Sunday The market would rally 20-40 points.

Which came first, the expectation that the markets would make those moves based on the chart work and the gurus you mentioned, or the massive amount of BS that hit the tape today that tanked the price of oil?

Obviously the technical analysis provides a backdrop against which such manipulation can be most effective. Did any of these gurus call for a $2.50 drop in oil today? The market is moving based on the price of oil....clearly.

Clearly Oil was the TRIGGER to move the market. It would have gone there anyway, IMHO. What did oil do yesterday as the spx was up 16 points?

T/A works. Funnymentals cause the triggers for it to work.

Tonite's show:

Ben Bagdikian

The New Media Monopoly

In 1983 there were 50 corporations that controlled the media in the U.S. Today that number is down to 5. What does that portend for democracy and the information needs of the citizenry? The 1996 Telecommunications Act had a lot to do with the acceleration in monopolies. Its enthusiastic advocates promised more media diversity. The results? A Niagara-like torrent of mergers and takeovers. On the surface it seems that America is blessed with lots of media choices. But is it? Bruce Springsteen sings of "57 channels and nothing on." Maybe he should add a zero. Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda minister, said, "The purpose of Nazi propaganda was to present an ostensible diversity behind which is an actual uniformity."

http://www.alternativeradio.org/programs/BAGB007.shtml

Listen online at: http://www.kgnu.org/index.html

Starts in about 15 minutes.

Maybe Larry T is 990n. He called for a move to 1125 today (last night) Or maybe it is Jim curry who said we should be at 1130 by the end of Oct (last Sunday) Or maybe it was Glenn Neely who said on Sunday The market would rally 20-40 points.

Which came first, the expectation that the markets would make those moves based on the chart work and the gurus you mentioned, or the massive amount of BS that hit the tape today that tanked the price of oil?

Obviously the technical analysis provides a backdrop against which such manipulation can be most effective. Did any of these gurus call for a $2.50 drop in oil today? The market is moving based on the price of oil....clearly.

As mentioned in the post, the call for a move higher was made on Sunday and reiterated last night.

FL trying hard to be at the center of another election nightmare:

Postal Experts Hunt for Missing Ballots in Florida

Broward deputy supervisor of elections Gisela Salas said 60,000 absentee ballots, accounting for just over 5 percent of the electorate in the county north of Miami, were sent out between Oct. 7 and Oct. 8 to voters who would not be in town on election day.

While some had begun to be delivered, her office had been inundated with calls from anxious voters who still had not received their ballots.

Florida elections officials must be the most incompetent on earth!! Seriously... how do Florida residents and taxpayers tolerate this kind of stoolpidity?

In san francisco ballot boxes grow fins and propellers as they are occasionally tossed into the Bay. The ballots wash up on the beach about six months after the election is over.

Clearly Oil was the TRIGGER to move the market. It would have gone there anyway, IMHO. What did oil do yesterday as the spx was up 16 points?

T/A works. Funnymentals cause the triggers for it to work.

As I recall oil was up about 50 cents and the market rose despite it...which to me was clearly signaling a manipulation of the markets in the face of the higher oil price...thus the term "Visible Hand" to let the players know that failure was not an option. Today's moves sealed the deal. They let the futures be weak, they let the shorts load up on a weak open, then they messed with the oil contracts and started the premeditated (scripted) frenzy. That's my view.

Fundamentals are sure not the cause of these moves...as the mood changes daily.

That's intentional.

No doubt Plunger. I believe the markets finds it's level. That level is imbedded in fibonacci. The excusses on why the market goes up or down is mental masterbation. Follow price.

and don't use stops, right?

No doubt Plunger. I believe the markets finds it's level. That level is imbedded in fibonacci. The excusses on why the market goes up or down is mental masterbation. Follow price.

and don't use stops, right?

If you trade futers on the spx, definitely use stops. But, go get a subscription to Glenn Neely. He puts out the best stops in this business. In my 19 years of doing this, I have never come across, a better STOP guy (give or take 50 basis points).

I don't trade futures and get very diversified so no, I don't use physical stops.

Archived