B4 The Bell Humpday October 27

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another gust in the converging storm ?

EU Sinks Into Uncertainty As New Commission Falters

Truth about Trade & Technology - 1 hour ago

STRASBOURG, France -- The European Union will operate without the executive-branch administration that was due to take office Monday, after the European Commission's incoming president withdrew his slate of 24 commissioners to avoid a humiliating ...

GERTZ // THURSDAY // WASH TIMES: Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned. John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, ?almost certainly? removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad.

WTF? :o

sewing up loose ends on the "WMDs" before the election...

via Drudge...

How come our military might could not figure that out?

This is why typing about the war is a waste of time. All it does is make us loathe our leaders even more, yet, we cannot do a darn thing about it. It is an excersize in futility.

If I get a copy I will post but someone out there sees the top in 2000, on an inflation adjusted basis as the top of an irregular wave B from 1964 or 1966, I forget. If that is true, That is more bearish then Prechter.

I always thought the market adjusts for everything including inflation. That's why I never bought into the bs 25 years ago that the Dow was cheap at 800 adjusted for inflation. I think Schumacker did a study on this some time ago. Also called for 1500 on the s and p back in 85 I believe.

Inflation adjusted. If you bought the Dow in 1929, you did not break even until 1997.

My point is the market adjusts for inflation so it does not follow that the Dow at 800 in '82 should have been higher than the top in '66 at 1000 because the Dollar was worth less. Maybe I'm not getting my point across. There were a lot of anal cysts saying the Dow was cheap in '82 because of inflation. It should have been higher. I don't buy that.

GERTZ // THURSDAY // WASH TIMES: Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned. John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, ?almost certainly? removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad.

WTF?  :o

sewing up loose ends on the "WMDs" before the election...

via Drudge...

The NY Times has a different version:

4 Iraqis Tell of Looting at Munitions Site in '03

By JAMES GLANZ and JIM DWYER

Published: October 28, 2004

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Oct. 27 - Looters stormed the weapons site at Al Qaqaa in the days after American troops swept through the area in early April 2003 on their way to Baghdad, gutting office buildings, carrying off munitions and even dismantling heavy machinery, three Iraqi witnesses and a regional security chief said Wednesday.

The Iraqis described an orgy of theft so extensive that enterprising residents rented their trucks to looters. But some looting was clearly indiscriminate, with people grabbing anything they could find and later heaving unwanted items off the trucks.

Two witnesses were employees of Al Qaqaa - one a chemical engineer and the other a mechanic - and the third was a former employee, a chemist, who had come back to retrieve his records, determined to keep them out of American hands. The mechanic, Ahmed Saleh Mezher, said employees asked the Americans to protect the site but were told this was not the soldiers' responsibility. The accounts do not directly address the question of when 380 tons of powerful conventional explosives vanished from the site sometime after early March, the last time international inspectors checked the seals on the bunkers where the material was stored. It is possible that Iraqi forces removed some explosives before the invasion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/28/internat...ast/28bomb.html

food for thought interesting fractal here:

http://www.safehaven.com/article-2114.htm

watching the series....any stoolies know the story on Red Sox owner John Henry....I ve heard rumor that he made his fortune as an independent trader?

Exiting S&P calls purchased monday at the open ....will be looking to short the upper trendline / double top tomorrow/friday....neg d on the daily....but large inverse head and shoulders too.....which way will it go?

TRADE SAFE

food for thought interesting fractal here:

http://www.safehaven.com/article-2114.htm

watching the series....any stoolies know the story on Red Sox owner John Henry....I ve heard rumor that he made his fortune as an independent trader?

Exiting S&P calls purchased monday at the open ....will be looking to short the upper trendline / double top tomorrow/friday....neg d on the daily....but large inverse head and shoulders too.....which way will it go?

TRADE SAFE

True dat. Commodes.

The link on Drudg's site is probably being overwhelmed...so I can't read the new russian claim.... Weather they were involved with the 380 tons or not, if there is evidence of them in the country before and moving stuff to Syria, then a whole new can of worms has just opened up.

The link on Drudg's site is probably being overwhelmed...so I can't read the new russian claim....  Weather they were involved with the 380 tons or not, if there is evidence of them in the country before and moving stuff to Syria, then a whole new can of worms has just opened up.

It's actually a Financial Times story they are referring to, and they were not specifically stating Russia took the 380 tons:

? ?

Russians ?may have taken Iraq explosives?

By Demetri Sevastopulo and Guy Dinmore in Washington and James Harding in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

Published: October 28 2004 00:45 | Last updated: October 28 2004 00:45

The controversy over Iraq?s missing explosives intensified on Wednesday as the Bush administration rejected charges of incompetence and a senior Pentagon official claimed the munitions may have been removed by Russians before the US-led invasion.

Breaking his silence over an issue that has dominated headlines since Monday, President George W. Bush accused John Kerry, his Democratic challenger, of making ?wild charges? over the 350 tonnes of explosives and weapons.

The Pentagon is still investigating their disappearance. But Scott McClellan, White House press secretary, said there was a ?very real possibility? the munitions were taken by the Saddam Hussein regime before US troops arrived at the munitions facility at al-Qaqaa, south of Baghdad.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/a4bc50c6-2870-11d...000e2511c8.html

Y'know folks it is neither here no there.. So..Dumb had Inspectors crawling all over his Country. There was a no-fly zone North and South if he lifted his head he got bombed..yet in a huge mis-calculation the idiot prince invades now over 1,000 are dead and over 7,500 are maimed and only god knows how many iraqui's and the beat goes on. If this Guy is elected for 4 more years the republic is doomed.

Y'know folks it is neither here no there.. So..Dumb had Inspectors crawling all over his Country.  There was a no-fly zone North and South if he lifted his head he got bombed..yet in a huge mis-calculation the idiot prince invades now over 1,000 are dead and over 7,500 are maimed and only god knows how many iraqui's and the beat goes on.  If this Guy is elected for 4 more years the republic is doomed.

Miscalculation? How can any group of people be that dumb? I don't think it was a miscalculation at all. Foothold in the ME. Whether the Shrub or Kerry gets elected we are in such deep shit that it just doesn't matter anymore.

Guest Icky Twerp
Comparing Arafat to MLK is a gross smear on a man who devoted his entire life to NON-violence.

like when Andy Jackson (that can't be right -- I mean the MLK accolyte who was a minor figure in politics in the 80s) said that Khomeni was a saint (in the eyes of his followers in Iran).

You might deliberately misunderstand that - but that doesn't change what they think.

You might have even disagree with that assessment at that time, but time and events would have proven you wrong -- as far as Iranians were concerned, back then.

Now, one hopes, there are Iranians who believe that Khomeni, rather than the US is the Great Satan.

But then again. . .one has to be grate ful that the Winners dictate History, for otherwise, Amerika. . .

Thanks Hiding Bear...

I won't be happy with either candidate. My vote is for Kerry for many reasons, one of which includes a monumental lack of judgement by the standing guy. Looks to me that GW may win though..... Hopefully we find out who is the winner Tuesday night and that everything about the results are relatively fair...

Best wishes....

Archived