"Words" Steering The Herd

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reminds me of Ambassador April Glaspie's infamous greenlighting of Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990!

April GlASS(_)_)pie the Princip of the 21st Century...

He (and his confederates) ASS(_)_)(_)_)ASSinated the Archduke (and spouse), igniting WWI, which, in turn, led to so much of the stupefying bloodshed of the 20th Century.

Of course, the Archduke's driver didn't help things along much by turning down the wrong street.

Hmmmm.....WE'LL let YOU swallow up Tawain if WE have a FREE HAND to DEAL with NORTH KOREA...

LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!!

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices broke above $55 a barrel on Tuesday as concern lingered over thin world heating oil supplies ahead of the northern winter. U.S. light crude for December settled at $55.17 a barrel, up 63 cents on the day

and that is.........bullish? :blink:

but of course :lol:

The USA pays off China by tossing away Taiwan...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...iwan_us_china_1

TAIPEI, Taiwan - Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) has angered Taiwanese officials and lawmakers by making unusually strong comments denying that the island is an independent nation and suggesting Taiwan should unify with China

Although it doesn't have the financial weight of China, Taiwan is a major holder of dollar reserves, to the tune of hundreds of billions. It also is (or was) politically pro-American, more so than China.

Unnecessarily pissing off Taiwan is clumsy and stupid.

Taiwan would be entirely justified to shift some of its dollar reserves to euros and gold ... and I hope they do.

Personally, I wouldn't take any lip from an uppity, bankrupt debtor like the United Snakes ...

Here's a chart that could help warm a bear's heart..

The HGX, which I still believe needs to crack, before we go down in any serious way, has reached what may be it's last gasp rally point after making a major high..wave 2 for the E-Woofers..

Here's the 90 min look..long rallies to 200 MA's are usually excellent places to place your short bets..

While today's action sure looked boolish..it may have been a huge fake out..the next few days are critical now..

post-7-1098828715.png

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices broke above $55 a barrel on Tuesday as concern lingered over thin world heating oil supplies ahead of the northern winter. U.S. light crude for December settled at $55.17 a barrel, up 63 cents on the day

and that is.........bullish? :blink:

but of course :lol:

CLASSIC example of why I quit trying to equate stocks prices with funnymentals.. a long time ago..

Speakin' o' Transportation..the Trannies also appear to offering a ray of hope fur da bears here...we are now much more divergent today than we were last week..all we need now is a marginal new high tomorrow and then a rollover, and the Trannies goose should be fully cooked...I'll be looking for top tomorrow..if they go into vertical meltup, all bets are off..

Here's a 240 min look showing the weaking momo...

Tomorrow looks like D-Day fur da bears..hope y'all are ready for battle..

post-7-1098829252.png

A few of my longs are underwater and most of my shorts are underwater. If I had only reversed positions......

But my golds have huge profits.

So far.

Here's a shocker from TimOrd yesterday:

S & P:

The NYSE McClellan Summation index is trending down and implies the trend is down but the Oscillator is showing a positive divergence. Today the S&P traded below the previous low set on 10/20 and volume shrank by 20% and a very bullish sign and implies the S&P is nearing a low now. The NYSE McClellan Oscillator is making higher lows with the S&P hitting a minor new low today and that is a bullish divergence. There is a Lunar eclipse on Wednesday and we have notice that these types of events come at turning points in the market. However with the S&P hitting a minor new low and the volume shrinking dramatically, price wise the bottom is very near. The Next rally up should exceed the highs of October, June and March of this year and should surpass the March 2002 high of 1175 as well. The next rally should have very high volume as well as big price spread to exceed these previous highs. It should be the best rally of the year. We are long the SPX on today's close at 1094.36.

Nasdaq:

The Nasdaq McClellan Summation index is also in a downtrend but the Oscillator is also producing a positive divergence and suggest this market is about to turn up. Last Thursday the Nasdaq hit a minor new high above the October 8, 13 and 19 high near the 1950 range on higher volume. When a market hits a new high on higher volume that high will be eventually exceeded. There can be pullbacks, but the eventually outcome will be a break to new highs. This condition is very bullish. Today the Nasdaq tested the minor low set on 10/20 at the 1910 area on lighter volume and implies this area has support. We are long the Nasdaq from Thursday's close at 1953.62.

GOLD Market:

Volume is increasing on most Gold issues over the last several weeks as this market has moved higher and a very bullish condition. High volume needs to confirm rising prices and the XAU has done that. Today's rally came near touching the previous high set back on April 1 at the 106.36 level. Volume on today's rally on the XAU was 33 million and the April 1 top came on 30 million. Testing previous highs on higher volume implies that previous high will be exceeded. We still expect the 150 to 180 range will be seen. We are starting to get targets for the high to be reached in March of 2005. If things change we will change with it. Whatever the next top will be whether it is 150 or 180 or something in between, it will mark a top probable for many years. But right now the trend is up.

MSTR...

The McLean, Virginia-based company posted third quarter net income of $122 million, or $7.22 per share, compared with a net loss of $24.4 million, or $1.59 per share, a year earlier when the company took nearly $30 million in charges.

The company's third quarter profit was boosted by a non-cash income tax benefit of $103.6 million.

so were earnings really that good??

Kind of reminds me of KMRT, former retailer making selling all of it's properties. Market is do F'ed up. IMO almost as bad as 99/00 before the fall

Sheesh...what a day! :blink: :grin:

...sure glad I covered shorts yesterday morning!

Off for some tennis.....happens to be a bright sun shiny day here.

See ya's later....

You sure are smart! Thanks for the constant reminders. We all really appreciate it.

Guest bullseatshitndie

dow 240min looks bullish. above 9900 right off the bat tomorrow and i'm out of all shorts. i suspect that prices pullback near 9800 to suck some more shorts in, then rocket higher into the end of the week. they will have this thing above 10k for the election. next week will present another grand shorting opportunity.

post-7-1098830319.png

The USA pays off China by tossing away Taiwan...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...iwan_us_china_1

TAIPEI, Taiwan - Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) has angered Taiwanese officials and lawmakers by making unusually strong comments denying that the island is an independent nation and suggesting Taiwan should unify with China

That's what you get when you are heavily in debts. You got to show some respects to your banker. Here is what Bill Clinton said:

Now, how do they pay for that deficit?  They have to go borrow money. Most of it they borrow from the Chinese and the Japanese government.  Sure, these countries are competing with us for good jobs, but how can we enforce our trade laws against our bankers? I mean, come on.

SOup--

LLD is right. As I have always said, the public will NEVER sell. The Fed need now worry about mass redemptions. Not going to happen ever. Stock prices will fall, eventually, because the public and the system at large will not have the ability to absorb all of the new paper constantly being spit out by the machine. It will be a long, slow painful process.

Windy, those Chinese Massage Parlor Stocks are up after hours I beleive at least partly due to the boner that Colin Bowel pulled a little while ago when he stated that China is essentially one nation. This freaked out Taiwan and they are going ballistic. This is either a reversal of 55 years of stated American policy or a verbal bloop made over too much sake after a relaxing afternoon in some opium whorehouse just North of Hong Kong. Powel is probably the only one in that crowd who sports anything over a limp 3 inchs. Pathetic.

Now onto more important issues. I am preparing to call this election now a Landslide for Kerry. No incumbent ever wins with numbers under 50%. This is because the undecideds swing 86% to the challenger in the last days. So the Media portraying it as a nail biter is just disingenuous at best. They want excitement for ratings and they have also sided with bush in this one bigtime. They are clearly riding the Wrong horse. bush is well under 50% national and in swing states he doesn't have any numbers over 48% or significantly worse. Not even thrown into the mix is the very large number of new registrants who are Democrats for this election,youth, pissed off Arab-Americans,pissed off Blacks and cell phone users as well as the retirement crowd and you get a Landslide.

I am positioning for this eventuality in alternative energy,TEch,qqq and stem cells. This smells alot like Y2K which the Media turned into a frenzy and which fizzled on the annoited day. best to all riverboaters, b.d. the artist formerly known as ...........

Of course the wild card is if the Texas Turd reveals a big surprise like staging an attack on his own country or bombing Iran but the window for those shenanigans is closing fast and with it the likelihood of any credibility.

Archived