B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 26

geez Doc, if WND is "fascist", then what are NYT, Wash Post, et al ??

WND just has a different set of articles.? Just as with the NYT, you might actually read something useful there, if you're careful to filter out the noise.? For instance, there was a VERY interesting piece on WND about the MOST rev :lol: Jesse Jackson ('s criminal background :lol: ) on WND.? I'd never seen squat about it on our "major media"....

mornin' all.? Good trading today ! :D

mornin' dozer,

I think there is a difference. while NYT, etc, may slant articles, I think you'll find blatant lies in their articles much less often than in WND. I agree filters are required when reading any of them, but in the case of WND you can't accept anything as fact without checking other sources - even if they claim the proof exists. So even if they do have a valid point in some cases, the time spent fact checking every article you read there makes it not worth it to me. All imho but based on fact checking a number of articles there and finding blatant lies in many cases.

BeerMarket,

Jayson Blair worked for The New York Times, not WND!

And what about that paragon of integrity, Dan Rather?

I purposely avoided saying you won't find any lies in the others, we all know you will. But I believe the degree to which it happens in each case differs significantly. I should point out I used to like the NYT but haven't been much of a fan the last few years. But still, when I read an article there and it claims something as fact, I think the probability is high that it is. Based on my experience with WND, this is not the case, they lie quite often and those lies happen to support their point of view. I've give examples but I feel I've already wasted enough of my life pointing out their lies to others and no longer want to waste time on them. Given that it is a matter of degree and they all suck, I also have no interest in lending too much support to the NYT, etc.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is that CBS and the NY Times got duped. It's called stupidity, ignorance, maybe even bias. The right wing wacko media are just a bunch of criminal lying bastards right out of the Goebbels School of Disinformation.

Two, the global economy is expanding slower.

If young Matt hadn't fallen asleep in eighth grade after sniffing glue, his grammar teacher might have taught him to write, "The global economy is expanding more slowly."

But hey -- if you're financially illiterate, you may as well go whole hog and be grammatically illiterate as well, eh Matt? :lol: :P

You misunderestimated the writer! :lol:

The global economy is expanding both faster and slower, so all readers of all views can be happy! :o

Here's another government official quote in the news today, this time with the Kerryisque use of too many words:

"Trying to restrict the military use of space is like trying to shut the barn door after the horse is out."

-- Frank Sietzen, a veteran space program observer who represented the Bush campaign in a recent debate, saying the administration is reviewing the value of the 1967 United Nations Treaty on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.

Well trying to close the barn door should be easy if the horse is gone, just shutting the door would have sufficed. But the horse is just out - maybe its finished its walk and trying to get back in - and that's why it's so hard to close the door! :D

Archived