B4 The Bell Moonday October 25

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone explain her reasoning? Why would high oil prices be bearish for oil stocks?

High crude, weak dollar weigh on oil stocks By Lisa Sanders

DALLAS (CBS.MW) -- Shares of oil stocks gave back gains at midday Monday as the high price of crude and a weak dollar shook investor confidence. The Amex Oil Index ($XOI: news, chart, profile) stood at 705.87 points, down 0.2 percent, and the Amex Natural Gas Index ($XNG: news, chart, profile) was at 274.37 points, off 0.6 percent. The Philadelphia Oil Service Index ($OSX: news, chart, profile) lost 1.5 percent to 119.95 points as RBC Capital Markets downgraded Schlumberger (SLB: news, chart, profile) to "sector perform" from "outperform."

Fokker

This may be trrelavent but Bloom (the Aussie VC on G Eagle) had an interesting essay on OIL being the DRIVER of the world economy and influencing everything on earth will tear the market apart (Get Gold)

My metaphor is of a badly injured person, needing a blood tranxfusion,at the time when the most precious fluid in the universe,without which the patient(world economy) succumbs, is in desparately short supply--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Sounds rather simplistic to me BD

==Well at least Im consistent Mr Pieman

Sherlock,........ darlin. makin' me weep.

Awwwww, butters, tanks. I really don't want sympathy, I just want people to understand the shit that is going on in our government. An inside view. The same

kind of stuff was happening to other women and men that I knew, people who

knew the rules and insisted on following them.

Early this morning I heard from Hypertiger. What a thrill that was!

He cited that everyone is again subscribing to the "think positive religion,"

but he equated my understanding of the true nature of things to that of yobob1.

Geez, I think I am now a "born again" Hypertigerite!!!

That sound so cute " a Hypertigerite"

but its so serious that I could cry/scream/pray.

I am a survivor!!!! :D

But I wish Hypertiger was still here with us to remind me of that!

Thanks, Butterfield and Chiefy

Sherlock, I was kidding. Of course Scottrade isn't installing a direct line, despite my sucking as a trader. :P

Well, Drano, ya see what I get for taking people at face value?

Sometimes (many times) I just feel plain dumb! <<sob, sob>>

Sherlock, I was kidding. Of course Scottrade isn't installing a direct line, despite my sucking as a trader. :P

Fahgedaboudit Sherlock - you asked aloud what 50 others where asking under their breaths - happens in every classroom all the time.

B)

The Idiot Prince is speaking on CNN to an adoring throng-watch the Market sewer! ;)

They pipe CNN sound into the men's room @ work. I heard this whilst taking a you know what.

The story about the Afgan man walking 20 miles to be the first person to vote brought tears to my eyes. I am so inspired after hearing "Freedom is on the march". God bless Mr Bush. Hip hip. :grin:

Fahgedaboudit Sherlock - you asked aloud what 50 others where asking under their breaths - happens in every classroom all the time.

B)

We've all been there. It's what's hard about this method of communication -- no tone of voice to give cues as to facetiousness....

On the other hand I DID say (kidding) --- I guess you thought I was kidding about being a bad trader. Sadly, THAT was not the untrue part. :P

B)

Sherlock

One of my brothers was a semi-big shot in Govt,semi because when some punk requested a report on something too obvious for words , he told them to shove it back to a place where the "Sun doesn't Shine";

and what allowed hin to survive was his relative,to them at least indiespensability--

Not being a people person ---He was not afraid to tell High echelon schmuks to kiss his ass-he was predestined never to head an agency---

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: -So BD how come you never mention his achievements before?

===Because so full of Integrity is he that neither him or his wife will have anything to do with me--his own brother--total contempt,and because of this,

Such a man deserves my infinite respect and trust---

Sherlock,........ darlin. makin' me weep.

[Hypertiger] equated my understanding of the true nature of things to that of yobob1.

Speaking of our MIAs, yobob1 once told us that he had resorted to the Personals to find a girlfriend.

His ad read, "Looking for woman with own boat. Send picture of boat."

:lol:

Archived