Internuts Engulfed by Sellers

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been stalking the All Ords for months now,kept getting stopped out,I went fully short the SPI futures at the low (high) of the day Friday and will absolutely scream if this isn't the beginning of a very substantial correction.

The arrogance of the bulls on the various Aussie sites has been unBEARable in recent months....they are due a decent kick in the knackers,but they be lucky buggers,more lives than a cat...

K-wave, tanks for the most excellent overview and charts of buck and franc.

I agree with your reading of the charts, but....

...I can't help but think that one of the idjits is gonna step on their weenie again. They've been doing it so regularly lately :D

Without an 'event', the buck will probably bounce as you say.

But I would just add that the -likelihood- of an "event" is pretty high right now I think.

By 'event', I mean: "something which scares people away from buck/US". Seems to be a surfeit of that lately; and a surfeit of possiblities for more of it....

As you guys know, the close in cmap on Buck is 84.50. It should have a significant bounce from there, but there's also a longer term cmap of 81 which I think will be hit. Uncle Fuku will defend the yen for awhile, but not indefinitely.

As you guys know, the close in cmap on Buck is 84.50.  It should have a significant bounce from there, but there's also a longer term cmap of 81 which I think will be hit.  Uncle Fuku will defend the yen for awhile, but not indefinitely.

The former Vice Minister of Finance in Japan, Sakakibara, also known as "Mr. Yen" says that the yen will "fall towards 100 yen in the next one to three months" and that the present MOF will not take the same "abnormal" action it did in the first quarter 2004 to support the US$.

Edit: Comments above from Bloomberg Television

As you will remember, the BOJ and MOF - acting almost like two central banks - bought more than $100 billion US in the first three months of 2004. That's a $400 billion annual rate.

Since the US current account deficit is recently running at a $700 billion annual rate, even $400 billion a year in dollar accumulation by foreign central banks may not stem the dollar's fall.

It may however keep the bond yield low, since new public Treasury issues are running at about a $450 billion annual rate.

[also posted this in B4 the Bell forum, where new registered members are welcome]

gold up 3.10 and spoos down a buck and a 1/2? //// I would not fade Kwave on the dollar. Sure the dollar is a POS but so is the yen/euro etc. Thinking about inflation/deflation ( at all times including in my sleep it seems) most in this country would be bailed out by inflation. Think of all the massive debts, since when do the majority get bailed out?

Archived