B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 19

I guess, after this short conversation, is that if gold is to go there, it will be a parabolic.

Getting to another parabolic, Oil. In his opinion, Refineries could be built relatively fast if we got desperate. (wingohockingmoyamensing the red tape).

He also surmised that onther resource (hydrogen) will eventually be used (5 years). When it becomes cheaper than Oil. I agree on that point 100%. There is a huge cost in getting the pumps going. That day is approaching should oil hit 70+ and stay there.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...And with that I'm outahere permanently

Ciao Stoolies and may the farts be with you." -yobob

Yobob: thanks for all the info, analsis, commentary...

And if you decide to dwell a bit longer around the stool, i for one would cheer your changing your mind: Bad stool is hitting the fan now, your insight will be missed.

:cry:

I've got a couple friends, people of modest means, who are skilled heavy equipment operators and experienced woodsmen.

They want to borrow $25K to get some equipment for extracting virgin growth fir and aspen.

Lumber mills are quoting $80/cord. They figure they can deliver 20 cords a day and generate gross margin around $800/day.

This equipment runs on diesel fuel.

They cannot operate during first two months of spring: muddy season.

The mills turn this stuff into lumber and other wood products for which the primary, almost exclusive, actually, customer is the construction industry.

For reasons we're all aware of, the construction industry may be living on borrowed time.

They perhaps somewhat naively believe that the boom in home construction, and all the subsidiary industries and financial activities it supports, will continue indefinitely.

Any of you have any thoughts on the future of lumber prices?

If Cheney is talking about terrorists blowing up nuclear bombs in cities we have to take him serious or think him an increadibly reckless and misguided person. I tend to think that he is serious. Although I don't like the war and the administrations decisions/actions in many cases, I don't think he would stoop that low if there were not credible reports of potential nuclear material or arms floating around the world. Then again, I believed Colon Powel and the President about WMD's in Iraq. And isn't that a big problem...credibility. Plus about 1,050 US kids killed and tens of thousands of Iraqi's.

I suppose if you are saying that there are likely nuclear bombs in cities you can do about anything, enact any laws and etc. to keep us sheeple safe.

I guess, after this short conversation, is that if gold is to go there, it will be a parabolic.

Getting to another parabolic, Oil. In his opinion, Refineries could be built relatively fast if we got desperate. (wingohockingmoyamensing the red tape).

He also surmised that onther resource (hydrogen) will eventually be used (5 years). When it becomes cheaper than Oil. I agree on that point 100%. There is a huge cost in getting the pumps going. That day is approaching should oil hit 70+ and stay there.

What's all this pumpimg of the uraniums I hear from Dines. It looks as if the Orient may decide to go that way eventually. I'm thinking they are a buy after we bottom a bit more.

If Cheney is talking about terrorists blowing up nuclear bombs in cities we have to take him serious or think him an increadibly reckless and misguided person. I tend to think that he is serious. Although I don't like the war and the administrations decisions/actions in many cases, I don't think he would stoop that low if there were not credible reports of potential nuclear material or arms floating around the world. Then again, I believed Colon Powel and the President about WMD's in Iraq. And isn't that a big problem...credibility. Plus about 1,050 US kids killed and tens of thousands of Iraqi's.

I suppose if you are saying that there are likely nuclear bombs in cities you can do about anything, enact any laws and etc. to keep us sheeple safe.

Cheney wouldn't stop that low? :P :D

10:28am (UK)

Property Boom 'Over for Now'

By Rachael Crofts, PA News

The housing boom was declared over today, with some economists predicting property prices could continue to fall for two to three years.

Ed Stansfield, property economist at Capital Economics, said the downturn in the housing market was gathering pace.

A report by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), published today, said house prices were falling at their steepest rate for nine years and claimed the boom was over for the time being at least.

Mr Stansfield said: ?The RICS believe that the next six to 12 months will see a ?period of stagnation? in the housing market.

?Our view remains that, with valuations in the market so stretched, the price falls reported in the latest survey will gather momentum and become the dominant trend over the next two to three years.?

Meanwhile, HSBC economist John Butler said the RICS report made ?ugly reading? and could spell the ?beginning of the end?.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3644483

Hydrogen? Your friend is implicitly counting on technology that hasn't been invented yet. I mean: a method of splitting the hydrogen atoms off of other compounds without the consumption of fossil fuels. (Or, at least, substantially less than they use to produce it now.)

More refineries? If you buy "Peak Oil," that would be of somewhat limited usefulness.

Hydrogen? Your friend is implicitly counting on technology that hasn't been invented yet. I mean: a method of splitting the hydrogen atoms off of other compounds without the consumption of fossil fuels. (Or, at least, substantially less than they use to produce it now.)

More refineries? If you buy "Peak Oil," that would be of somewhat limited usefulness.

We went from lumber to coal to oil. Something is next.

Archived