B4 The Bell Thursday October 14

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crude supplies up, heating oil down

U.S. crude inventory up by more than 4M barrels, but distillate slides as winter draws closer.

October 14, 2004: 10:52 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The supply of crude oil in the United States rose by more than 4 million barrels last week, the government reported Thursday, but heating oil inventories fell as the northern parts of the country approach winter.

The stockpile of crude in the United States rose to 278.2 million barrels from 274 million the previous week, a 1.5 percent increase.

Inventories of distillate, the fuel used to make heating oil, dropped to 120.9 million barrels from 123.4 million the previous week.

Heating oil futures in New York hit a record $1.52 a gallon Thursday following the report, after reaching the $1.50 a gallon mark Wednesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/14/markets/eia_oil/?cnn=yes

Twig- Williams book on Chaos Theory is superb and I highly recommend it to all!

I didn't bother with Williams first book after reading his second - "New Trading Dimensions How to Profict from CHAOS in Stocks, Bonds, and Commodities"

I respectfully could not recommend that book to anyone. The methods were trivial, the book was full of editorial errors (e.g. refering to colored lines in the charts when all the charts were in black and white!), and most of the book was written as a rather longish informercial for Williams' website "Profitunity" (as if I'd go to a website named "Profitunity") where he assured you that you could buy the software necessary to make you rich rich rich.

But I'm sure there are people who use the methods for better or worse and think the world of them.

Archived