B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 12

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI:

There is nothing in the official definition of the word "Conspiracy" that is inherently evil or otherwise considered to be attributable to the thoughts of the lucatic fringe.

When you see the words "Conspiracy Theory" used in the media, it is ALWAYS an attempt to undermine a point of view.

A Conspiracy is merely "the act of conspiring together."

A Conspiracy of Silence is merely an agreement to remain silent about a subject.

Business executives around the world conspire to succeed on a daily basis.

A business or marketing plan, kept confidential by a Nondisclorue Agreement, would also qualify as a conspiracy.

Agreed. I don't think anyone suggested lunacy here. Just some honest skeptisism of a conspiracy theory.

Indeed. Open discussion from all points of view. Opinion, supported by facts and logic.

Innuendo leaves me cold. The dots don't connect.

If I may......and even if I may not :P :P

I have been reading this Secrets of the Federal Reserve over the last few days and recommend it highly, btw. It is a history of banking, corporates and politics that I havent seen anywhere else. There are several references to how banking and corporate interests have controled the media in order to influence popular opinion. And when it comes to our "Two Party System", they play both sides of the fence. Just because one media outlet is "liberal" and another "conservative", doesn't mean you aren't hearing exactly what they want you to hear.

I have always been sceptical of the BS differnces between the parties, as it seems that nothing ever really changes, but this take it to a whole new level. I am getting sick to my stomach reading this.

Anyway, here is a quote about media control.....

The iron grip of the "London Connection" on the media was exposed in a recent book by Ben J. Bagdikian The Media Monopoly, described as "A startling report on the 50 corporations that control what America sees, hears, reads".53 Bagdikian, who edited the nation?s most influential magazine the Saturday Evening Post until the monopoly suddenly closed it down, reveals the interlocking directorates among the fifty corporations which control the news, but fails to trace them back to the five London banking houses which control them. He mentions that CBS interlocks with the Washington Post, Allied Chemical, Wells Fargo Bank, and others, but does not tell the reader that Brown Brothers Harriman controls CBS, or that the Eugene Meyer family (Lazard Freres) controls Allied Chemical and the Washington Post, and Kuhn Loeb Co. the Wells Fargo Bank. He shows the New York Times interlocked with Morgan Guaranty Trust, American Express, First Boston Corporation and others, but does not show how the banking interlocks. He does not mention the Federal Reserve System in his entire book, which is conspicuous by its absence.

Bagdikian documents that the media monopoly is steadily closing down more newspapers and magazines. Washington D.C., with one paper, The Post, is unique among world capitols. London has eleven daily newspapers, Paris fourteen, Rome eighteen, Tokyo seventeen, and Moscow nine. He cites a study from the 1982 World Press Encyclopaedia that the United States is at the bottom of industrial nations in the number of daily newspapers sold per 1,000 population. Sweden leads the list with 572, the United States is at the bottom with 287.

FYI:

There is nothing in the official definition of the word "Conspiracy" that is inherently evil or otherwise considered to be attributable to the thoughts of the lucatic fringe.

When you see the words "Conspiracy Theory" used in the media, it is ALWAYS an attempt to undermine a point of view.

A Conspiracy of Silence is merely an agreement to remain silent about a subject.

A business or marketing plan, kept confidential by a Nondisclorue Agreement, would also qualify as a conspiracy.

Agreed. I don't think anyone suggested lunacy here. Just some honest skeptisism of a conspiracy theory.

Indeed. Open discussion from all points of view. Opinion, supported by facts and logic.

If I may......and even if I may not :P :P

I have been reading this Secrets of the Federal Reserve over the last few days and recommend it highly, btw. It is a history of banking, corporates and politics that I havent seen anywhere else. There are several references to how banking and corporate interests have controled the media in order to influence popular opinion. And when it comes to our "Two Party System", they play both sides of the fence. Just because one media outlet is "liberal" and another "conservative", doesn't mean you aren't hearing exactly what they want you to hear.

I have always been sceptical of the BS differnces between the parties, as it seems that nothing ever really changes, but this take it to a whole new level. I am getting sick to my stomach reading this.

Anyway, here is a quote about media control.....

The iron grip of the "London Connection" on the media was exposed in a recent book by Ben J. Bagdikian The Media Monopoly, described as "A startling report on the 50 corporations that control what America sees, hears, reads".53 Bagdikian, who edited the nation?s most influential magazine the Saturday Evening Post until the monopoly suddenly closed it down, reveals the interlocking directorates among the fifty corporations which control the news, but fails to trace them back to the five London banking houses which control them. He mentions that CBS interlocks with the Washington Post, Allied Chemical, Wells Fargo Bank, and others, but does not tell the reader that Brown Brothers Harriman controls CBS, or that the Eugene Meyer family (Lazard Freres) controls Allied Chemical and the Washington Post, and Kuhn Loeb Co. the Wells Fargo Bank. He shows the New York Times interlocked with Morgan Guaranty Trust, American Express, First Boston Corporation and others, but does not show how the banking interlocks. He does not mention the Federal Reserve System in his entire book, which is conspicuous by its absence.

Bagdikian documents that the media monopoly is steadily closing down more newspapers and magazines. Washington D.C., with one paper, The Post, is unique among world capitols. London has eleven daily newspapers, Paris fourteen, Rome eighteen, Tokyo seventeen, and Moscow nine. He cites a study from the 1982 World Press Encyclopaedia that the United States is at the bottom of industrial nations in the number of daily newspapers sold per 1,000 population. Sweden leads the list with 572, the United States is at the bottom with 287.

Along those lines, last night I saw a documentary titled "The Corporation". It was excellent. It detailed the rise of the institution known as "the corporation". Thought provoking and enlightening.

Doc, Plunger, and other stoolies in South Florida - it is currently playing at the Gateway Cinemas on Sunrise Blvd in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. I highly recommend it.

My Gawd! It's true! There were anarchists in the streets of New York, and the anarchists said that the NY media was talking about them! Can you believe it? It's a conspiracy by those who control the media and the government! Sun Mung Moon and Rupert Mudoch. Yeah, that's it.

Doc, I think the more relevant point is that those so called anarchists were

your normal fellow American citizens out there protesting and exercising

their rights to speak and to assemble.

By labeling people with such terms as "anarchist" (ooooh, a scary word),

it lends the idea that those who are in the streets protesting are trying

to overthrow the government. Sheeple seem not to understand nuances.

The idea of replacing an administration or protesting the loss of Civil Rights

via the Patriot Act is not at all the same thing as overthrowing the gov't.

Yet, with the right amount of labeling with scary words people are led to

think protests are somehow wrong. Using pens and barbed wire coils

to contain the protesters also adds to this imagery.

Where the heck is this stuff coming from? Whose ideas are they?

Its about the use of propaganda and efforts toward population control.

This technique has been practiced by various "gov't" types around the

world for over a hundred years.

Technically, a conspiracy is defined as some folks acting secretly and in

concert to conduct some actions that break the law. Unfortunately, much

of what is being done today is within the scope of law. When it isn't, "they" just change the laws (Patriot Act.)

When Truth is not part of the open disclosure and discussion, this causes

thinking people to develop theories which seek to explain the discrepancy,

including: "I must be crazy, but something stinks with that story."

Many of us use the word conspiracy when perhaps another word might be

better usage. Conspiracy is also one of those "scary" words that conjures

up all kinds of imagery when the fact is, its frequently used when people

see connections between things but haven't enough information to explain it.

So first, the law has to be broken, then you have to detect that, and if you

find that people secretly worked together to violate the law, its legally a conspiracy.

But if by sheer intimidation and failure to provide accurate information,

some folks successfully manage to manipulate the thinking and/or the behavior

of the citizenry, some would call it successful advertising.

The power of the media to influence us is something we should all be aware of.

FYI:

Facts AND/OR logic, Doc

The two don't always get along.

The Fed added a $6 B in repos, which includes $2.7 in agency and mortgage backed securities.

The Fed is on the cusp of moving back up to the higher end of recent range ? from the bottom reached recently - that would target around a 6% growth rate in the monetary base. Generally faster monetary base growth supports a higher stock market with a lag of a few weeks or so ? when the monetary base growth starts to affect money supply growth. Their success in achieving money supply growth is not guaranteed, especially when the credit bubble is sprouting some holes.

In regards to the possible Fed actions to adjust the monetary base over the remainder of the month, the Fed may settle into the 6% growth channel for about 2 to up 6 weeks from now. But economic weakness will be apparent by late October even to them - the economy will not have regained traction, but will be slipping into reverse. The Fed is still looking for about 4% or so GDP growth in the second half. Eventually they will admit they are wrong because of an ?oil shock? or some other excuse. They may not raise interest rates at the time November 10 Fed meeting. After the POR, they will take even stronger action to get the money supply moving again. In the Alice in Wonderland world of the Fed, upcoming news of accelerating retail inflation will make the Fed become easier in supplying money to the markets.

At that point, and after a period of consolidation, gold and silver may resume their upward trends.

Archived